2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Yep! Nyla was trying to get everyone to play with her here and she will continue to do so, just hoping we can get her back committed and establish a relationship with Coach Caldwell because something tells me when its all said and done in the final rankings she is going to be a Top 10, McDonald's All American and I would hate for us to miss out on that.
I think our biggest competition for her is Texas, they will have a spot open for her since Laila Phelia will be leaving after next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
How many years before they both reopen their recruitment was Nyla and Finley verbally committed to Tennessee?
My understanding is two years.
How do you know any recruits would follow them now that didn’t follow them before under the previous staff?
They have many players that will follow them, even if u look at the players we have open offers for they follow and communicate with on social media. The best players are your best recruiters.

King is a guard she is listed as a guard on the portal rosters and the Pitt roster. Whitehorn is not a three point shooter she is over 50 percent from the two and shot a higher percentage than Nye on all field goals. Hunter was a freshman huge potential and three years to play. Lawrence does it all her game would be awesome here. Gardner is a 2-3 that shoots the three as well as Nye. So everyone can have an opinion, but Whitehorn was ranked number 15 by Hoopgurlz in 2022 and Gardner was ranked number six in her Hoopgurlz class.
Rosters aren't always accurate. LSU had Aneesah Morrow listed as a guard, and she was purely a PF.

Finley hasn't been re-offered by the current staff. Nyla has. Thus far Nyla is the only HS recruit to be re-offered, at least publicly, by the current staff

If true and Finley hasn't been re-offered yet, that would be a big mistake.
Hmmm
I wonder about these things too

Yes this why I have a problem with those couple of posters acting like volnation is only message board out there for any college in the country that has some negative posts about players and coaches. Not debating whether that is right-wrong just don't act like this is the only message board with negative posts.

And I don't think it has much if any impact on recruiting. Playing time and NIL $ are all that matters now.
Have you ever read pots on other SEC boards? A few of posters on this board are wannabe Vols posters and know they will never be ablate measure up as a Vol Fan.

Or LSU filled their roster? I’m not sure how many roster spots they still have after adding the 3 players
Yes, I imagine LSU signing 3 guards right before your planned visit might lead to a change to a better destination with Orange.

I didn't realize until now that if we got her she would have the highest high school recruit rating (#2 position, #15 overall - 5 star) of anyone of the team. If we got her, we would go from one of the least athletic of the good power 5 teams last year to one of the most athletic, at least at some positions. Some of her college numbers are less than stellar, but many of them improved between Freshmen and Solphmore years and she would have 2 more years to improve in a system where her "ultra-athleticism" per Scout is allowed to shine. Just when I was trying to ground myself in reality, I caught the excitement train again :cool:.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back