2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

She unfollowed the Baylor coaches she was following yesterday. I still think she’s maybe messing around trying to get more money (which is fine to an extent). But that’s going to get annoying fast if it becomes the norm.

Even in the pros that’s just not how it works. I’m not crazy about the idea of kids holding programs hostage for more money. Negotiating is one thing, leading someone on, making promises/commitments and then going back on your word is totally different.
It's business and all players do it!!! She replaced Rickea in high school and she will replace Rickea in college!!! The future is bright with Whitehorn!!!

It could be that reason or it could be something as simple as waiting to announce until she finishes her obligations at Clemson…. She is not taking visits which is a positive sign.

I think she’s done with her visits. My perception is that if anything she’s going to be a Lady Vol or return to Clemson. Poppie already reeled back in two other players who had entered the portal.

She is unlikely to announce during dead period. Why wait to announce when you can't even share that experience with coaches.

Dead period does NOT mean coaches cannot communicate with recruits. They can still text, call and contact through social media. They just cannot have any recruits physically on campus or do any in person recruiting.

Reactions: Lucy
Awful lot of speculation in this post and questioning someone's character without knowing the first thing that's going on between the coaching staff and player.
Yes...We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes...we just have to be patient...if it's meant to be, Ruby will be a LV and if not so be it, we move on...I will say though, I think having Ruby on board will be an immediate game changer...Go LVFL 🧡🏀💙

Yes...We really don't know what is going on behind the scenes...we just have to be patient...if it's meant to be, Ruby will be a LV and if not so be it, we move on...I will say though, I think having Ruby on board will be an immediate game changer...Go LVFL 🧡🏀💙
Huge gamechanger for our PROGRAM!!! and I AM READY FOR IT!

They cant contact at all!!!

“While the term “dead period” makes it seem like all recruiting stops during this time, that’s actually not the case. Athletes and coaches are still allowed to communicate via phone, email, social media and other digital communication channels. While NCAA Division 1 programs are prohibited from conducting any in-person recruiting, D1 college coaches can still contact student-athletes via digital forms of communication during the dead period. In this video, we debunk commonmisconceptions around the NCAA recruiting dead period and contact rules.”

Some of us can look things up and read.

KIM CALDWELL has stated that she is still looking for two more players to sign on to the LADY VOLS. She has also stated that she would recruit a team of Point Guards if she could. These statements are as plain as day. Nothing more needs to be said about the TRANSFER PORTAL as far as the LADY VOLS are concerned. As I understand it, there is a lot of speculation about RUBY WHITEHORN. But until she declares where she is heading everyone needs to just COOL IT!!!!! We should just be thankful that we have a great person like CALDWELL doing the job for the LADY VOLS. I wish her well as a MARSHALL ALUM, and now, TENNESSEE fan. Have a great day!!!

“While the term “dead period” makes it seem like all recruiting stops during this time, that’s actually not the case. Athletes and coaches are still allowed to communicate via phone, email, social media and other digital communication channels. While NCAA Division 1 programs are prohibited from conducting any in-person recruiting, D1 college coaches can still contact student-athletes via digital forms of communication during the dead period. In this video, we debunk commonmisconceptions around the NCAA recruiting dead period and contact rules.”

They are incorrect and that is from 3 year ago.

KIM CALDWELL has stated that she is still looking for two more players to sign on to the LADY VOLS. She has also stated that she would recruit a team of Point Guards if she could. These statements are as plain as day. Nothing more needs to be said about the TRANSFER PORTAL as far as the LADY VOLS are concerned. As I understand it, there is a lot of speculation about RUBY WHITEHORN. But until she declares where she is heading everyone needs to just COOL IT!!!!! We should just be thankful that we have a great person like CALDWELL doing the job for the LADY VOLS. I wish her well as a MARSHALL ALUM, and now, TENNESSEE fan. Have a great day!!!

Nice post, I agree. I will temper my posts about Ruby. I’m just impatient and very excited for her to be a Lady Vol.

It’s seemed like a done deal a few times and then subtle signs have indicated it’s not over. Nothing to do but wait.

Still hope we are reaching out to Maryam Dauda, especially with the connection between her and Spencer. Could get a twofer of really great players there.

They are incorrect and that is from 3 year ago.

“During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.”

Directly from the NCAA website. LOOK THINGS UP before you fire off.

Still think you might be that weirdo Donnie from WER given how many of your posts are about WER/defending.

Reactions: VolFuture
Oh my, telling this board to cool it on the speculation about Ruby is like telling the ant eaters to stay away from the ant hill; the cats to ease off the catnip; the moths to fly clear of the flame; the flies to stay away from the shoofly pie (a personal favorite by the way); the Swifties to not wait for the next album drop; the foxes to ignore the chicken coop; the Joker to forget about Batman; Godzilla to not eat nuclear power plants; I am starting to run out of ideas here...

Oh my, telling this board to cool it on the speculation about Ruby is like telling the ant eaters to stay away from the ant hill; the cats to ease off the catnip; the moths to fly clear of the flame; the flies to stay away from the shoofly pie (a personal favorite by the way); the Swifties to not wait for the next album drop; the foxes to ignore the chicken coop; the Joker to forget about Batman; Godzilla to not eat nuclear power plants; I am starting to run out of ideas here...
Meooooowwww! 😻🐈

Dead period does NOT mean coaches cannot communicate with recruits. They can still text, call and contact through social media. They just cannot have any recruits physically on campus or do any in person recruiting.
May 6-12
RECRUITING SHUTDOWN
A recruiting shutdown is a period of time when no form
of recruiting (e.g., contacts, evaluations, official or unofficial visits, correspondence or making or receiving telephone calls) is permissible.
-ncaa

…check the dates. We are not in a dead period. This is a recruiting shut down period. Check Coach Jumpers link to NCAA.

🤣

We may be out of the 'no news is good news' phase of the Ruby watch.

OTOH, until she announces to the contrary, there's still hope.

Agree … I’m mainly interested in recruiting and this one is a never before in my book !

I don’t know where else would be better? But Clemson seems like a no but kids , family , boy friends…. Etc. ? 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back