247Sports predicts final record for all 14 SEC teams in 2021

That assumes Florida won’t reload on offense, which is a flawed assumption under Mullen. Florida lost a really good QB and a few really good pass catchers. Emory Jones won’t complete passes like Trask, but he’ll complete plenty of passes, plus he adds a running dimension that always causes issues for Bama. Regarding the WR/TE losses, it’s reload time. When UF lost Van Jefferson, Swain, Cleveland, Hammond, they replaced them with Toney, Pitts and Grimes. Now that those guys are gone, you’ll see others emerge; Copeland, Shorter, Henderson, Whittemore, etc.

I’m not concerned about offense under Mullen. He’s too good and has a proven track record.

Defense is where the major improvement will come from. UF returns a ton of experience on defense. Depth and talent at every position.

Florida will compete with and possibly beat Bama in the Swamp. Save this post.
Emory Jones sucks and won’t complete the year as the Gators starter.

Reactions: Nooga
Emory Jones sucks and won’t complete the year as the Gators starter.

If he does indeed suck, you’re right, Anthony Richardson will quickly become the QB.

My point is, NOTHING you or anyone else has seen from Emory’s 3-year body of work leads us to believe he’ll suck. In fact, from the large sample size we’ve already seen, he appears to be a really dynamic runner, best UF has had in a long time.

So because he can really, really run, the first thing Gator haters shout is “oh, he can’t throw!” Problem is, we’ve already seen him throw pretty darn well in many big time SEC games. Here’s what he has going for him:

- 3 years in the same system.
- 3 years SEC experience playing all the best teams in all the best stadiums.
- Dan Mullen as a QB Coach.
- Speed, arm strength and athleticism.
- A hellacious RB room that genuinely goes 5-deep supporting his read-option game.
- 4 of 5 returning starters on the OL.

So yeah, He IS PrOBaBLy GoNNa SuCk!

It
If he does indeed suck, you’re right, Anthony Richardson will quickly become the QB.

My point is, NOTHING you or anyone else has seen from Emory’s 3-year body of work leads us to believe he’ll suck. In fact, from the large sample size we’ve already seen, he appears to be a really dynamic runner, best UF has had in a long time.

So because he can really, really run, the first thing Gator haters shout is “oh, he can’t throw!” Problem is, we’ve already seen him throw pretty darn well in many big time SEC games. Here’s what he has going for him:

- A hellacious RB room that genuinely goes 5-deep supporting his read-option game.

Its not his throwing that is the issue. It is his decision making. Again, he won’t be the starter long.

Reactions: Nooga and LittleVol
It

Its not his throwing that is the issue. It is his decision making. Again, he won’t be the starter long.

Hasn’t been a problem through his play so far, although I realize he hasn’t played full games and full seasons yet. If it turns out he can’t handle that, Mullen will either simplify like he had to do with Feleipe Franks or move to the next guy.

Will be interesting to watch.

Mullen will find a guy on that roster to be a serviceable QB.

But it's not Emory imo.
I have watched him! And it was easy to see why he was never threat to either previous QBs.

Reactions: Jaws and B_dub
Mullen will find a guy on that roster to be a serviceable QB.

But it's not Emory imo.
I have watched him! And it was easy to see why he was never threat to either previous QBs.

Fair opinion. I think he was definitely a threat to Franks in 2018 and 2019, but Franks started playing much better. Mullen respects seniority at QB and chose Trask over Emory when Franks got injured in 2019, and of course Trask never looked back.

For about 20 minutes in 2019, it looked like it was Emory’s team when Trask went down with what looked like a season-ending knee injury versus Auburn. Emory responded with a scoring drive and 5 of 7 passing, right before Trask trotted back out of the locker room.

But I understand the doubt, Emory’s got to go prove himself or he’ll get replaced by one of the young guys.

He looked pretty bad in the Cotton Bowl man. Between him and Richardson, Mullen will have you serviceable at QB but you're going to be worse than last year. I think you are probably headed for 5-3 in the conference. 6-2 at best, you will lose to Bama and either Georgia or LSU or both.

Last edited:
Last edited:
He looked pretty bad in the Cotton Bowl man. Between him and Richardson, Mullen will have you serviceable at QB but you're going to be worse than last year. I think you are probably headed for 5-3 in the conference. 6-2 at best, you will lose to Bama and either Georgia or LSU or both.

The Cotton Bowl? My God, just when I almost had forgotten about that game..

Actually, Emory looked way better than Trask in the Cotton Bowl and would have had some beautiful completions if not for some serious drops. UF couldn’t catch anything that night for whatever reason. And Emory was the leading rusher on the team in that game averaging 6 ypc. But generally, you’re right, Emory was the “tallest midget” in the Cotton Bowl as everyone sucked. And I’d appreciate it if you didn’t make me think about that game ever again. 😊

I think people completely miss on Florida predictions when they focus on Florida’s offense. Mullen will have Florida’s offense on point, playing to strengths, calling smart plays and scheming up opposing teams.

The win-loss record for UF in 2021 depends mostly on what defense we’ll see. If it’s similar to 2020, Florida will lose 4-5 games. If it’s similar to 2019 (top 10 in the country), no reason Florida can’t win the East again.

Last edited:
Work on reading comprehension. Minnesota has been in Division I more than three years by about 122. Western Michigan has been in the MAC since 1948.
Liberty University’s football team competed in the FCS until 2017 when it moved up to the FBS. There have been exactly zero coaches who have accomplished what Freeze has at that school in that time period. And he will get a job at a major school very soon, and the negligence and irresponsibility of our boosters will become more glaring shortly thereafter.

Work on being less of a dick. Wow I read your post wrong.. not the end of the world..

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
So if you believe that a 6-6 record involves better than a 2-6 SEC record, do enlighten us all as to what you believe that SEC record will be.
UT2021.png

Bowling Green L
Pitt L
TN Tech L
Florida W
Mizzou W
South Carolina L
Ole Miss W
Alabama W
Kentucky W
Georgia W
South Alabama L
Vandy L

There’s your 6-6…it’s science.

UT wins the East at 6-2, head-to-head tiebreaker with UGA gets them to Atlanta.

Meanwhile in Gainesville, 0-12.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Bowling Green L
Pitt L
TN Tech L
Florida W
Mizzou W
South Carolina L
Ole Miss W
Alabama W
Kentucky W
Georgia W
South Alabama L
Vandy L

There’s your 6-6…it’s science.

UT wins the East at 6-2, head-to-head tiebreaker with UGA gets them to Atlanta.

Meanwhile in Gainesville, 0-12.
Where do I sign up?

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Personally, I will be disappointed if we don't at least finish 7-5 but I understand the 6-6 premise.

A competent coach should be able to go 6-6 at any SEC school in year 1. Hugh Freeze and James Franklin did it after inheriting some of worst teams in SEC history. If Heup is on their level he should be able to do it as well. I'd like to think that our team under-performed last year due to poor coaching and the Guarantano effect, which is why I expect us to at least go 7-5, but maybe not. Maybe the team Heup inherited truly sucked. In that case, 6-6 would be a good year.

Work on being less of a dick. Wow I read your post wrong.. not the end of the world..
Work on not being a dumbass. If you hadn’t presumed to “correct” my post with inaccurate, irrelevant information, I would not have invited you to have a brain.

Not this year. Florida’s defense will be vastly improved and Mullen will work magic with Emory Jones. I think Florida will win 9-10 regular season games and will compete with everyone they play, including Bama. Bama/Georgia/LSU are their possible losses. No issues with anyone else on the schedule.

Georgia and Kentucky are overrated in this prediction link. 9-3 for Kentucky. Why? And people keep writing Georgia in, why? Clemson and Florida can beat Georgia and of course Kirby will drop another one somewhere along the way.

I think 6-6 for UT would be a good year.
Mullen’s worked magic before but Emory is meh. Richardson is a lot better

VN Store

Back