Keller Chryst Shines...

The way it reads is Chryst threw at least 4 TDs and doesn't mention Guarantano throwing any, only a long gain. If that is the case, I think Pruitt was primarily talking about JG when saying QBs were holding onto the ball too long. Does that sound familiar VOLnation??? I would love to see the actual stats against ones and twos only!!!

Am I the only one on this board who honestly doesn't care who wins the QB battle?
no. whenever this qb thing gets going it's usually same "several" posters that feel moved to go at it. siap, i get why people may want JG to win the job. a lot more upside for the future. but that isn't/can't be the reason he wins the job. if he's going to be THAT GUY, then i hope it's because he proved he IS THAT GUY. then all that stuff about the future comes in to play.

if Chryst wins it, then that's good for this season. but that's only 1 year, so the QB spot is basically up in the air at that point.

it literally just is what it is. we have a real competition going, and hopefully both guys will get better as a result of it.

I'm the same way. I just want us to win games. It could be a purple alien at QB and I wouldn't care. Anytime somebody has a good showing in practice though, people start doing this.

View attachment 162943

Yes, it was ONE SCRIMMAGE. But, if KC threw 4 TDs or more with JG throwing none with KC not being around in the spring. That is either a sign that we got a GREAT transfer or JG is still not making quick enough decisions in the passing game just like last year. Yes, a lot of it was OL play. But, a lot of it was on JG too. We shall see 9/1, 9/8, and 9/15. There will be no QB shuffling by 9/22. If there is, we probably don't beat UF and may not win 6 games.

Help me out here. Where does it say Chryst had 4 touchdown passes? Clearly I missed that. Also the article was positive on both quarterbacks and I believe they both may have qualities the other may not. It stated Guarantano made some plays with his legs and had a pass for a long gain. None of that says to me that one is distancing himself from the other, although, I don’t have an agenda or am not biased toward one or the other either. I’m sure people can read and take only the parts they want out of an article to support their stance.

Help me out here. Where does it say Chryst had 4 touchdown passes? Clearly I missed that. Also the article was positive on both quarterbacks and I believe they both may have qualities the other may not. It stated Guarantano made some plays with his legs and had a pass for a long gain. None of that says to me that one is distancing himself from the other, although, I don’t have an agenda or am not biased toward one or the other either. I’m sure people can read and take only the parts they want out of an article to support their stance.

"Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against both the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense". Multiple is at least two. Isn't that correct? 2 or more x 2 is at least 4. Isn't that correct??? Also, it doesn't say JG threw a TD. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. If he did, why would article say KC threw at least 4 and fail to mention JG throwing any??? If JG threw none to KC's at least 4, some nice scrambling and one throw for a long gain isn't anywhere near as impressive as at least 4 TDs!!!

"Chryst had multiple touchdown passes during the intrasquad work against both the Vols’ opening 11 and second-team defense". Multiple is at least two. Isn't that correct? 2 or more x 2 is at least 4. Isn't that correct???
Yes. But it could be poorly written when he meant to say "multiple" TD's combined. Either way, it sounds like KC looked better than JG in this particular scrimmage.

HOWEVER... just like last year, we don't know what portion of the O they're letting each guy run. We don't know if they were working on specific things with JG that caused him not to look as good. In these situations, there are always possibilities beyond knowing through casual observation.

VN Store

Back