Croom underutilized while here

BTW, this is one reason to have hope that Pruitt can succeed early if he's the coach we hope he is. Croom... Mosley... even Kamara... several others whose names escape me have found success at the highest level of football after underperforming or staying hurt under Jones. If it is as true of the current roster as it is of past players... then Pruitt has pretty good talent to work with.

Kickers certainly weren’t underutilized
UGH. i watched the replay of last year's UF game. we left at minimum 12 points on the field. go back to 2015 and we left at least 3 points on the feild in that one too.
over 2 touch downs worth of points left on Florida Field the last two trips down. absolutely disgusting. we should have won 4 or 5 in a row against those clowns.

he still should have caught that TD against FL in 2016.

and who wasn't under utilized at UT under CBJ? they could start a support group at this point. new members joinging daily...........

Yeah, Butch should have thrown more to him instead of Malone and Jennings..... Truth is Croom did drop a perfectly thrown TD by Dobbs on 1st down vs UF. The team and program needed that catch and he didnt come thru. About the only big catch I recall him making was vs SC to send the game into OT. I hope he does well and finds a home in the NFL but lets calm down on the "wasnt used enough" ********.

Yeah, Butch should have thrown more to him instead of Malone and Jennings..... Truth is Croom did drop a perfectly thrown TD by Dobbs on 1st down vs UF. The team and program needed that catch and he didnt come thru. About the only big catch I recall him making was vs SC to send the game into OT. I hope he does well and finds a home in the NFL but lets calm down on the "wasnt used enough" ********.
yep, and we turned it over on downs on that posession. there's some more points we've left on the field against FL.

it makes me angry just thinking about all the woulda/coulda's associated with that game over the last 1/2 decade.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Injuries did him in, not coaching necessarily... but Botch still didn't help the situation for a lot of kids...

BTW, this is one reason to have hope that Pruitt can survive if he's the coach we hope he is. Croom... Mosley... even Kamara... several others whose names escape me have found success at the highest level of football after underperforming or staying hurt under Jones. If it is as true of the current roster as it is of past players... then Pruitt has pretty good talent to work with.

Man, I hope your right. For some reason I'm fairly opptumistic about this year, but I'm like that every year before I see us play.

Add him to the list. How many players on the current roster do y'all think were underutilized?

Butch screwed a lot of things up but I don't blame Croom on him. I recall that guy dropping a number of balls over his career. Glad he is doing well now.

What's changed between now and his time at UT? Coaching. It could be attitude, but that could be a result of leadership, again coaching. I always liked the young man and wish him nothing but the best and hope he represents the University well in the NFL.

i dont get the continued discussion about this kid. wish him well. it just didnt work out.

maybe he just wasnt as good as advertised? maybe Butch was a wannabe coach? either way it was last year.

Good luck Jason.

VN Store

Back