Croom underutilized while here

i dont get the continued discussion about this kid. wish him well. it just didnt work out.

maybe he just wasnt as good as advertised? maybe Butch was a wannabe coach? either way it was last year.

Good luck Jason.

THANK YOU JACKREVOL

It amazes me how negatively so many speak of Croomster, as LOYAL as he is to Tennessee, both now and then; through all the adversity of coaching, injuries, lack of authenticity between the media, and what was REALLY going on in that program during the ERA/Error of the previous vein publicity devil himself.

Jason LOVES UTK. One day some of y'all stupid @azz sideline, tv coaches will learn that the entertainment that you receive from our kids; especially college KIDS ; is somebody child that dedicated themselves to their educational, as well as, athletic success of our program. One day you'll learn that recruits are reading this board and even as stupid as you may be, some take what you say here to heart, and you can make or break it their spirits.

What's funny to me sometimes, is wondering if ANY of you could be in the position of these kids. COuld you take playing/practicing in the sun, snow, rain 4-6 hours a day, then studying, meetings, film, recovery, and classes. Wonder why the sideline coaches have so much to say about somebody being physical of a kid who IS on the football team, but you go to UTK and you're not. If you had the ability and could do better, why don't you? IF you thought you were better and have so many opinions why haven't you applied to be a walk-on? So again, be cautious about what you say dummies. Everything is NOT meant to be shared publicly. Everything is not meant to be criticized; nor is your opinion warranted.

One thing is for certain though; even as braindead as some can be we appreciate the ones who get it, and pray for the ones that don't.

ALWAYS & FOREVER VFLS

Mzterry

THANK YOU JACKREVOL

It amazes me how negatively so many speak of Croomster, as LOYAL as he is to Tennessee, both now and then; through all the adversity of coaching, injuries, lack of authenticity between the media, and what was REALLY going on in that program during the ERA/Error of the previous vein publicity devil himself.

Jason LOVES UTK. One day some of y'all stupid @azz sideline, tv coaches will learn that the entertainment that you receive from our kids; especially college KIDS ; is somebody child that dedicated themselves to their educational, as well as, athletic success of our program. One day you'll learn that recruits are reading this board and even as stupid as you may be, some take what you say here to heart, and you can make or break it their spirits.

What's funny to me sometimes, is wondering if ANY of you could be in the position of these kids. COuld you take playing/practicing in the sun, snow, rain 4-6 hours a day, then studying, meetings, film, recovery, and classes. Wonder why the sideline coaches have so much to say about somebody being physical of a kid who IS on the football team, but you go to UTK and you're not. If you had the ability and could do better, why don't you? IF you thought you were better and have so many opinions why haven't you applied to be a walk-on? So again, be cautious about what you say dummies. Everything is NOT meant to be shared publicly. Everything is not meant to be criticized; nor is your opinion warranted.

One thing is for certain though; even as braindead as some can be we appreciate the ones who get it, and pray for the ones that don't.

ALWAYS & FOREVER VFLS

Mzterry

The NFL is interesting only to see former Vols play. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜† Seriously.

Best of luck to him.

Always love Jason Croom and MZTerry, but Botch Jones certainly seemed to under utilize his talents at UT. Glad to see him making noise.

Jason Croom shaking up Buffalo Bills tight end depth chart

Well, first you had both the Dooley and Jones coaching staffs asking him to move from receiver to tight end because they both thought he could be a dominant tight end. He refused time after time, only finally agreeing to move from WR for his fifth year.

Then, you had him spend that one year at tight end on the most productive offense in school history in 2016. To use him more, then you would have had to take targets away from someone else. On what was, again, the highest scoring offense in school history.

I'm glad Croom is having success now. But if he had made the move to TE when the last two staffs asked him to, he probably would have found his way a lot earlier. As it is, he's in a position to turn getting a shot at camp into a nice career.

Reactions: bigdan
Well, first you had both the Dooley and Jones coaching staffs asking him to move from receiver to tight end because they both thought he could be a dominant tight end. He refused time after time, only finally agreeing to move from WR for his fifth year.

Then, you had him spend that one year at tight end on the most productive offense in school history in 2016. To use him more, then you would have had to take targets away from someone else. On what was, again, the highest scoring offense in school history.

I'm glad Croom is having success now. But if he had made the move to TE when the last two staffs asked him to, he probably would have found his way a lot earlier. As it is, he's in a position to turn getting a shot at camp into a nice career.

I always like hearing you post about how these situations really played out.. Coaching has not been great here but I refuse to blame every player who underpreformed on coaching. Some of these kids just needed a wake up call, or a new opportunity. Iā€™m glad Peterman had success, but I donā€™t think he could have ever recovered mentally from his piss poor play here.

YOU REALLY COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG

Dooley NEVER asked him that was a reporter,

2nd season you 2 receivers to get hurt and Jason was going to transfer to to TE then; injury happen in kentucky game (OUT) 3 receivers out by then under CBJ

3rd season couldn't 2 was hurt, one transferred out, one went to the league; left we Jay , malone, and smitty then another injury (out)

4th still out because he was jacked up from 3 and he had to repeat the surgery

5 finally got to do it and it worked out, and jason went to CBJ not CBJ to Jason.

Thank you for partially paying attention though , and he's doing well now.

Last edited:
YOU REALLY COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG

Dooley NEVER asked him that was a reporter,

2nd season you 2 receivers to get hurt and Jason was going to transfer to to TE then; injury happen in kentucky game (OUT) 3 receivers out by then under CBJ

3rd season couldn't 2 was hurt, one transferred out, one went to the league; left we Jay , malone, and smitty then another injury (out)

4th still out because he was jacked up from 3 and he had to repeat the surgery

5 finally got to do it and it worked out, and jason went to CBJ not CBJ to Jason.

Thank you for partially paying attention though , and he's doing well now.
Loved your son as a Vol. Love you more as a poster. Hate as much as you all poured your heart into UT that Jason didn't have better coaching. I hope both of you stay Vols though and he has a great NFL career. I seldom watch the NFL but would watch just to see him.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back