Florida board score predictions for UF v. UT

lawgator1

A thread already up at Swampgas. Thought I'd share my favorites:

Two gazillion to nothing.

Good guys 24 Hillbillies 2

Before seeing either team play I’ll say 24-20. No winner picked yet. Teams are more even on talent than some would realize. Would like to see how the new coaches and schemes are producing on the field the first few weeks to see what way I may be leaning.

I'm here in this ****** orange country and the toothless hillbillies are acting like the SEC is theirs this season. Oddly enough Memphis Tigers and Vandy are laughing at UT. I've seen this before when Peyton was QB. Let's GO GATORS.

UT is all in on this game. Their schedule is brutal after us...
@GA
@Aub
Bama
@usc
This is the one game they think they can pull off. We’ll see the kitchen sink that Saturday. Still say we win but it will be a tough environment and we will get their strongest punch.

24 - 19 good guys

Gators win 8675 to 309...

Reactions: RollerVol
Gainseville...where you can live the real, life "Jerry Springer Show!"...EVERYDAY!

latest

I think it could be a tight game as well - or could be a steamroll if someone gets going - nobody really knows right now. Two teams with new coaches that have real promise as up and comers. 3 games prior to iron out the kinks a bit and make some adjustments. Neither one sure who is going to turn up as QB right now. I think we may have a bit more raw talent than they do but since it wasnt coached up in the past, that may not matter. Offensive mastermind vs Defensive mastermind. It is going to be interesting and yes, should be a real fight - one we need to win.

Granted, you can see by the above the most of the toothless Gators are dreaming in la la land but there are clearly some wise ones who see this for what it is - 2 new coaches both fighting to put their mark on the first year and establish some dominance in the SECE.

Vol Nation is a much better name for a message board than Swamp Gas.

That's all I have to say.

I agree. But in a sense the Swampgas name carries with it an element of making fun of oneself. It sure does seem that the Gator fans on the whole are a lot more realistic about the upcoming season than some Vols fans that litter this board appear to be. Much more self-deprecating and gallows humor over there.

I think it will be close but if UT beats WVU and gets some confidence I think we can beat them pretty bad. I feel like Mullen is Lyle 2.0
I really cant get that comparison and I know it was made a lot during the fiasco coaching search but putting Mullen in a category with Butch is way off base IMO

Edit: What LittleVol said!

I agree. But in a sense the Swampgas name carries with it an element of making fun of oneself. It sure does seem that the Gator fans on the whole are a lot more realistic about the upcoming season than some Vols fans that litter this board appear to be. Much more self-deprecating and gallows humor over there.

Probably half this forums thinks we are going 6-6/5-7 or are on the fence about Pruitt still. Lol.

“Negavol” is a nickname on here for a reason.

I feel like Mullen is Lyle 2.0

GTF outta here with that. Dump on their loser, inbred fans all you want (and you should do so at every opportunity) but Mullen has a record and list of accomplishments that deserves some respect - unlike CBJ. Leak, Tebow, Prescott didnt just materialize out of thin air. Mullen was OC for 2 NC wins (granted 3 less rings than Pruitt has) at Floriduh. And he actually turned Vandy-like perennial cellar dweller Miss State into an 8-9 win program. Rag their idiot fans but not their coach - until he gives us good reason to - and then I will gladly post a picture of him humping a shark :D

Was in the back room stocking up on JD and cornbread for the season when I overheard a commercial playing on my living room TV apparently about FL's upcoming season.
I didn't catch all of it, but I'm sure I heard something about a little blue pill and "A Reptile Dysfunction" mentioned several times.

Dan Mullen coaching record all time (69-46) win pct 60%. Max wins in a season is 10.
Butch Jones coaching record all time (84-54) win pct 61%. Max wins in a season is 11.

Mullen's are all in the SEC so definitely tougher, but I see some similarities.
Butch never had a team ranked number 1 though.

Vol Nation is a much better name for a message board than Swamp Gas.

That's all I have to say.
Don't think Vol Gas would work either...
Game will be close as always...they've got as many question marks as we do. We'll have them in Neyland, and a rookie/unexperienced QB in rocking Neyland is usually worth a few points for the good guys. I'll take UT in a close win.

I just went to the swampgas forum , the part where you say that on the whole gator fans are a lot more realistic about the upcoming season ummm NO apparently Mullins is some magical coach now that have your offense hitting on all cylinders and your defense is going to be the nastiest in the SEC . All the while Tennessee apparently won’t be able to score or keep anybody ( mainly gators ) from scoring .

I find it kind of funny that fans of a team that was just as bad as ours is talking trash to anyone.

But haven’t you heard , they stole “ The offensive Guru “ from miss state and according to some over on that board , their rebuild is nothing like ours . Lol

Last edited:

VN Store

Back