With Butch being back on the sideline...

I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.

What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO
I don’t really understand why we would boo him. Yeah he sucked it up, but we stayed clean from the NCAA, and didn’t really bolt on us in the middle of the night. Just didn’t have what it took to coach it this level. Not really boo worthy.

Plus, I think we’d look kinda dumb booing a players assistant.

I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.

This! Thanks and well said.

I don’t really understand why we would boo him. Yeah he sucked it up, but we stayed clean from the NCAA, and didn’t really bolt on us in the middle of the night. Just didn’t have what it took to coach it this level. Not really boo worthy.

Plus, I think we’d look kinda dumb booing a players assistant.

Yep. Our fans need to forget their office staff analyst and focus on making Neyland absurdly difficult to play in.

Yep. Our fans need to forget their office staff analyst and focus on making Neyland absurdly difficult to play in.
I agree 100 percent. We need to worry about UT. We have another chance with a slate wiped clean to begin a new era of football. I miss the days of people fearing UT on the field and in recruiting.

Since 05, we have had 6 winning seasons.
2-Fulmer, 1-Kiffen, 3- Butch Jones

We are all aware Butch wasnt.very good at his job, however Im a fan of Tennessee winning football games. He provided the most wins we have seen in a 3 year stretch since 05. He never should have been hired, but that isnt his fault. We could have won more games in that stretch but we didnt, for the most part we were competative.
So why boo the guy?
Funny he is being mocked for his emotion after the Georgia win. I remember watching that game at the hospital and trying not to look like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Most folks, in that moment, took that as a sign of pride and praised the emotion after pulling at win out. Now we mock him for it. Makes no sense..

Last edited:
What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO

He's a Bammer. I don't need any particular reason to boo the hell out of him. It just so happens I have a few, but in case I don't, the crimson shirt and affiliation with the most detestable college football fanbase in all of human history alone will be more than sufficient.

Since 05, we have had 6 winning seasons.
2-Fulmer, 1-Kiffen, 3- Butch Jones

Well are all aware Butch wasnt.very good at his job, however Im a fan of Tennessee winning football games. He provided the most wins we have seen in a 3 year stretch since 05. He never should have been hired, but that isnt his fault. We could have won more games in that stretch but we didnt, for the most part we were competative.
So why boo the guy?
Funny he is being mocked for his emotion after the Georgia win. I remember watching that game at the hospital and trying not to look like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Most folks, in that moment, took that as a sign of pride and praised the emotion after pulling at win out. Now we mock him for it. Makes no sense..
This. That was an awesome moment. He got us back to a good place, even if it was short lived. We had some great wins and great games under Butch and he also brought in some of my favorite players. No hard feelings for Butch from me

If you want us to be perceived as cheap and petty, sure, boo til your heart's content. We fans didn't fire him, we fans didn't hire him. He tried to right the ship, just didn't have the ability. I get that he was a smoke-and-mirrors used car salesman who'd been promoted up to his personal level of incompetence. The only reason I'd boo would be over his buyout...thanks, Dave Hart!

I doubt Butch will be on sideline. He’s one of many aides in that program doing stuff somewhere. He might not even make the trip.
Agreed! Still embarrassed by the tacky, profanity-laced cheers of UT student section when Kiffin was on the Gump sideline a few years ago, & I loathe that guy.

Reactions: jonnon111
Damn, everyone's caught a case of the feelings up in here. F Lyle. It would have been different if he would have manned up, but he clichéd his way to screwing this team and it's players. And I'm damn sure we didn't break his 5 star heart since he's still cashing the pay checks. Screw him and the administration that hired him. feelings.gif

Who cares, just get the win or at least make Bama work for it. Butch is a non-factor in either of those outcomes.

Do y'all still talk to every single ex-girlfriend ya ever had? UT fans needa learn how to forget some things.

Reactions: feathersax and BDP!
Damn, everyone's caught a case of the feelings up in here. F Lyle. It would have been different if he would have manned up, but he clichéd his way to screwing this team and it's players. And I'm damn sure we didn't break his 5 star heart since he's still cashing the pay checks. Screw him and the administration that hired him.

Heh. Dude. Hate is the strongest feeling of all (well, one of the two strongest).

And your post is constructed entirely of hate.

A bit hypocritical, in a post that opens with shock at how others are being guided by their emotions. :)

Damn, everyone's caught a case of the feelings up in here. F Lyle. It would have been different if he would have manned up, but he clichéd his way to screwing this team and it's players. And I'm damn sure we didn't break his 5 star heart since he's still cashing the pay checks. Screw him and the administration that hired him. View attachment 172340

No one said let's send the MF flowers and tell him we Love him. I pretty much read, "HEY, why do some of you want to act like little children trying to find new ways to hate on someone that's Gone. He Gone."

I doubt that they pay for intern’s travel. Probably has some cars to wash back home

I don’t give a d@mn about Butch Jones. I don’t think about him. Seeing him taking notes in an Alabama film room was funny. I laughed at that. But I definitely don’t care enough about the dude to boo him. We’re on to bigger and better things. Let him go OP...It’s not your fault...
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back