With Butch being back on the sideline...

I believe his wife uses his account sometimes. He says she's really smart... and I believe him fwiw. I can usually tell because there are no "phone grammar corrections".
giphy.gif

He is clearly taking advantage of the UT instead of making an honest effort to seek employment that is fitting his qualifications. UT is paying him $200,000 a month to sit on his duff and get Saban coffee while bama pays him 35,000 a year. He could easily get a job making 1 mil plus a year, which would reduce the burden on UT, but instead he is taking a gravy job at UT's expense. This is a vacation for him at he expense of UT...a program which he drove into the ground. Don't fool yourself into thinking he loved anything but his self here.
I am not a Butch Jones apologist in the least and his lack of self introspection is a serious issue with him, but what I hate is that we had the inept administration that arranged the mess of the last 10 years! And where were these coaching jobs beating his door down for him to be a $1M coach after that dumpster fire of an exit?? If you want to direct your anger at anyone, direct it at the AD and administration that negotiated and arranged his contract...

Reactions: TrentVol
He is clearly taking advantage of the UT instead of making an honest effort to seek employment that is fitting his qualifications. UT is paying him $200,000 a month to sit on his duff and get Saban coffee while bama pays him 35,000 a year. He could easily get a job making 1 mil plus a year, which would reduce the burden on UT, but instead he is taking a gravy job at UT's expense. This is a vacation for him at he expense of UT...a program which he drove into the ground. Don't fool yourself into thinking he loved anything but his self here.
Shouldnt the people that wrote the contract be the ones recieving hell? Im pretty sure if you ask every member on this board if they wanted to make 1 mil a year or 2 mil 435k a year and less work. 100% would take the latter. So I dont see the issue with him make a decision that everyone would make. Unless youre mad because he has the opportunity to make that decision and you dont, at which case I say, u mad bro?

Let sleeping dogs lay...he was in over his head here, that's all. Good riddance and good luck to him.

It will be hell trying to get in the stadium. Look for them to react like the time when Kiffin returned as OC for Alabama. Security will be way overly cautious until the last 25,000 to 30,000 people at each gate get fed up waiting to get in and push through towards the end of the 1st quarter.

There’s nothing wrong with nitpicking at Butch from time to time.

If you still like Butch, that’s fine. If you don’t, that’s fine too.

But some of y’all shouldn’t get upset over harmless fun. It’s nothing personal.

He’s downgraded to being Saban’s servant because his knowledge as a college coach isn’t very high.

What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO

Is he now a coach? I didn't think "advisers" could be on the field. Hell, that means in Bama's case there could be 10 of 15 extra coaches on the sideline.

The only interesting aspect for me if Butch Jones is on the sideline Saturday is how the players he recruited and coached interact with him. After the Georgia game i saw several of CJP's former players embrace and chat with him.

I do not understand the reasoning to boo a man that took a dream job offered to him? He also did many things behind the scenes for the community and fans that went above and beyond what was required of him. Some of you all act like the man is Satan....news for you he isn't....but Butch does currently work for him

I'm not a fan of his, but he deserves hell, why exactly? I'm pretty sure he was doing his best to do what he felt he was hired and paid to do. His best was woefully inadequate and I was not a fan of his, but at least he was "in the game" trying, and I believe he truly loved the Vols. Why wish hell on somebody for that??
Because I’m crude and he needs to pay

I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.

I agree with your assessment, although I don't agree that he will coach again as a "head man." Certainly not at any school of consequence.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with you on this one. I don't know how desirable Jones is. He doesn't seem to have the same membership to the coaches club as a lot of guys. I imagine his opportunities for this year were somewhat limited. That said, he obviously had the luxury of being selective, and I can't blame him. If I was getting paid to not work, I certainly would be choosy about the next job I took. I would make sure it was a place that I was pretty confident that I had every opportunity to be successful. Further, if I aspired to be a successful head football coach, I would be pretty interested in looking into how things work at Alabama under Saban. I am guessing Jones thinks he might learn something.

I never cease to be amazed by the positions some take. Jones was offered the UT job, and like just about anybody offered a huge opportunity, he took it. He did not fail because he was unwilling. He failed because he was incapable. There's no doubt in my mind that he made every effort to be successful. It just wasn't good enough.

I don't blame Jones at all for not taking a real stressful coaching job.

If I got paid that much for a buyoit, I'd be traveling the world.

It's just awkward that he took a job at Alabama. I mean, I can only think of one other school that would be just as bad and that's Florida. Jones knows what's in store. He decided to take that job.

I'd never boo though.

I think his role as an analyst is demeaning enough. Plus, he has that gross skin tag behind his ear. I could never look at him because of that. Call me petty but that grossed me out.

The more Butch is involved at Alabama (which I doubt is any at all)... the better it is for Tennessee.

Butch would be lucky to go 4-4 in conference with that Alabama team. Whereas, even we could go 6-2.

I doubt Butch will be on sideline. He’s one of many aides in that program doing stuff somewhere. He might not even make the trip.
I would bet that Saban leaves him in Tuscaloosa. Saban hates distractions and IBJ would be a huge one.

It will sound like he’s getting boo’d because we will boo Alabubba! We won’t even know Botch is there. GBO!!

Shouldnt the people that wrote the contract be the ones recieving hell? Im pretty sure if you ask every member on this board if they wanted to make 1 mil a year or 2 mil 435k a year and less work. 100% would take the latter. So I dont see the issue with him make a decision that everyone would make. Unless youre mad because he has the opportunity to make that decision and you dont, at which case I say, u mad bro?
Absolutely there is blame to go around the administration....all the way up to Dipietro. There are always statements in these contracts regarding termination and the level of employment they are required to seek. The university could probably consider it a breach of contract depending on the wording, but it would cost the university more in litigation than it would to just pay the contract. The "issue" as you put it has to do with a moral problem which some people don't have the ability to understand.

Last edited:
Butch should be required to get into the circle of life with Pruitt, I would pay good money to see this:)

VN Store

Back