With Butch being back on the sideline...

Honestly, if a Schiano mob showed up and drove him out of town I wouldn't be upset. Hell, I'd pitch in for the torches and pitchforks.

Reactions: TrentVol
I doubt that they pay for intern’s travel. Probably has some cars to wash back home
Pretty sure he is comfortable to pay for this trip and will do so. I am certain he will want to be there for what everyone outside of Knoxville and most within expect to be a beat down. I think we fight hard but are simply out matched on the field. I hope I am wrong. I predicted the Auburn upset. Not going there this week. No reason to boo the man. He was simply hired for a job he was not qualified for. That is not on him that is on UT. I think he cared deeply about and loved the Vols but was just not wired for success.

Butch didn't do anything we didn't let him do. He was here 5 yrs, right? Hard to go crazy about a guy we kept giving extensions to.
So, I vote "indifference" as the approach. Act as if he's not there.

Reactions: Honky and TrentVol
Heh. Dude. Hate is the strongest feeling of all (well, one of the two strongest).

And your post is constructed entirely of hate.

A bit hypocritical, in a post that opens with shock at how others are being guided by their emotions. :)

I was a big CBJ supporter for too long. I still have some pent up frustrations. I'm better now. Thanks.

What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO
Why?
I don’t understand the infatuation with butch jones.
He gave his best shot and failed. Why would you ridicule the man? He is making more money in a contract buyout than you will your entire life, but you are gonna “give him hell” smdh... Get a life.

Since 05, we have had 6 winning seasons.
2-Fulmer, 1-Kiffen, 3- Butch Jones

We are all aware Butch wasnt.very good at his job, however Im a fan of Tennessee winning football games. He provided the most wins we have seen in a 3 year stretch since 05. He never should have been hired, but that isnt his fault. We could have won more games in that stretch but we didnt, for the most part we were competative.
So why boo the guy?
Funny he is being mocked for his emotion after the Georgia win. I remember watching that game at the hospital and trying not to look like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Most folks, in that moment, took that as a sign of pride and praised the emotion after pulling at win out. Now we mock him for it. Makes no sense..
whoever you are, give vfinbama his account back. asap. i don't like this bizarro world where he, uh, you praises butch jones. even post mortem.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and Behr
I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.
I agree with you on this one. I'm certainly not a fan of Butch Jones. He was our coach and now he's not. No reason to boo the man. He did some good things and bad things while here.

Turning the other cheek is not always best. Give this man the hell he deserves
I'm not a fan of his, but he deserves hell, why exactly? I'm pretty sure he was doing his best to do what he felt he was hired and paid to do. His best was woefully inadequate and I was not a fan of his, but at least he was "in the game" trying, and I believe he truly loved the Vols. Why wish hell on somebody for that??

If Butch is at the game, he’ll prob have a tune stuck in his head. That’s my girl, my whole world, but that ain’t my truck! Hahaha calm down, folks just feel good after a win and givin ole butch a little hard time. I agree what’s done is done it’s time to let go of the anger towards him Dooley and Kiff. Let’s just have a good time.

Last edited:
Get ready for this same exact thread in a couple of weeks when Dooley comes back as well....... Some people act like school kids n how they'd act over a ex girlfriend. 🙄🙄

I did chuckle this past weekend when I realized...that with Bama playing Mizzou, it was Jones on one sideline and Dooley on the other. Jones had a better day.

Reactions: FiremedicVOL127
I'm not a fan of his, but he deserves hell, why exactly? I'm pretty sure he was doing his best to do what he felt he was hired and paid to do. His best was woefully inadequate and I was not a fan of his, but at least he was "in the game" trying, and I believe he truly loved the Vols. Why wish hell on somebody for that??
He is clearly taking advantage of the UT instead of making an honest effort to seek employment that is fitting his qualifications. UT is paying him $200,000 a month to sit on his duff and get Saban coffee while bama pays him 35,000 a year. He could easily get a job making 1 mil plus a year, which would reduce the burden on UT, but instead he is taking a gravy job at UT's expense. This is a vacation for him at he expense of UT...a program which he drove into the ground. Don't fool yourself into thinking he loved anything but his self here.

Reactions: lifeVol and SDV
We should be looking ahead and let the past go.. I am sure there will several acting a fool and cussing at the man but what can you do.

He is clearly taking advantage of the UT instead of making an honest effort to seek employment that is fitting his qualifications. UT is paying him $200,000 a month to sit on his duff and get Saban coffee while bama pays him 35,000 a year. He could easily get a job making 1 mil plus a year, which would reduce the burden on UT, but instead he is taking a gravy job at UT's expense. This is a vacation for him at he expense of UT...a program which he drove into the ground. Don't fool yourself into thinking he loved anything but his self here.
Preach

whoever you are, give vfinbama his account back. asap. i don't like this bizarro world where he, uh, you praises butch jones. even post mortem.
I believe his wife uses his account sometimes. He says she's really smart... and I believe him fwiw. I can usually tell because there are no "phone grammar corrections".

VN Store

Back