Jeremy Pruitt's Monday press conference (video and notes)

1574096788195.png

Pruitt sporting the spectacles.

-Missouri is 5-1 at home, but the game against Florida was really close. They're a team that's dominated this series. They are very well coached and haven't given up many points. They have a history of having good pash rushers. Coached against Bryant when he was at Clemson. He can extend plays. They are big and physical upfront on offense. They have a number of capable running backs and have playmakers on the outside.

-It's a huge challenge for us. We have to improve. We've yet to play our best game and have yet to play a complete game.

-Nigel Warrior has continued to work hard every day. He's been a good leader. He's improved tremendously from last year. He's playing his best football right now. He's turning into a complete player. Like everybody, he wants to play his best game this next week.

-Daniel Bituli is one of our better players. He's worked extremely hard to learn the ins and outs of what we're trying to do. He a tough guy, an instinctive guy.

-I think the guys are excited. The clock is ticking on 2019. This group enjoys being around each other and we still have a lot to prove.

-We're probably as healthy as we've been in a long time.

-On Baylen Buchanan. He's not going to play the rest of the year. They'll continue to work on his rehab and hopefully we will get him back.

-Jarrett Guarantano has been able to do everything except maybe clap his hand. We cut down on a lot of his reps to eliminate contact and reduce the swelling. All of our quarterbacks will get the same amount of reps. As the week goes we will probably narrow it down and focus on two guys.

-Nigel has improved in the last 18 months, probably as much as any player I've been around.

Last edited:
View attachment 239135

Pruitt sporting the spectacles.

-Missouri is 5-1 at home, but the game against Florida was really close. They're a team that's dominated this series. They are very well coached and haven't given up many points. They have a history of having good pash rushers. Coached against Bryant when he was at Clemson. He can extend plays. They are big and physical upfront on offense. They have a number of capable running backs and have playmakers on the outside.

-It's a huge challenge for us. We have to improve. We've yet to play our best game and have yet to play a complete game.

-Nigel Warrior has continued to work hard every day. He's been a good leader. He's improved tremendously from last year. He's playing his best football right now. He's turning into a complete player. Like everybody, he wants to play his best game this next week.

-Daniel Bituli is one of our better players. He's worked extremely hard to learn the ins and outs of what we're trying to do. He a tough guy, an instinctive guy.

-I think the guys are excited. The clock is ticking on 2019. This group enjoys being around each other and we still have a lot to prove.

-We're probably as healthy as we've been in a long time.

-On Baylen Buchanan. He's not going to play the rest of the year. They'll continue to work on his rehab and hopefully we will get him back.

-Jarrett Guarantano has been able to do everything except maybe clap his hand. We cut down on a lot of his reps to eliminate contact and reduce the swelling. All of our quarterbacks will get the same amount of reps. As the week goes we will probably narrow it down and focus on two guys.

-
He didn't address any injuries...... Solomon , Toto , Bryce Thompson , etc .

Reactions: RollerVol
yep, a team injury report was what I wanted...guess we'll get more later in the week...just hope everybody else is fine..:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I though Pruitt seemed a little irritated today.
I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.

I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.
I agree. I hate it when coaches do the a-hole routine at a press conference just because they can.

Our very weak press membrtd still hasn’t figured out two things about this Coach;
You can’t ask him two question?
He will only barely answer one
You must be very SPECIFIC when asking about any of his players.
He doesn’t want to give out anymore info that he feels necessary but he will answer a specific to the point non vague ?
Such as...who starts at QB Saturday?

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Coach Pruitt's primary job right now is to prepare for Missouri. Besides, he answered all the questions didn't he? He probably answers questions more thoroughly than any other coach in the SEC. How is he not letting the reporters do their job?

I agree. I hate it when coaches do the a-hole routine at a press conference just because they can.
Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like you think Pruitt was being an a-hole today. After reading this post and the posts from others ITT who seem to think Pruitt was irritated, I rewatched the presser to see if I may have missed something. I'm still not sure why anyone would think he was mad or rude or anything like that? He did correct a reporter who put words in his mouth, but he went on to thoroughly answer the reporter's question.

You misunderstood. In fact, I just posted that he didn't seem to me to be upset at anything.

I'm talking in general when coaches go off on reporters a la Saban or Belichick.
10-4. Thanks for clarifying.

In contrast, I prefer how Saban/Belichick/Pruitt handle the media. Take the blinders off, almost all of the media, homers excepted, are not looking out for the best interest of the program. Give them as little as possible. Get pertinent info to your fanbase through official channels and your homer media.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like you think Pruitt was being an a-hole today. After reading this post and the posts from others ITT who seem to think Pruitt was irritated, I rewatched the presser to see if I may have missed something. I'm still not sure why anyone would think he was mad or rude or anything like that? He did correct a reporter who put words in his mouth, but he went on to thoroughly answer the reporter's question.
I didn't think he was rude or mad. Just seemed a little irritated with the reporter and then I thought he left rather quickly. It was a short press conference compared to most. It wasn't meant to be a big deal, and it seems I was the only one who thought that.

VN Store

Back