Jeremy Pruitt's Monday press conference (video and notes)

Glasses? Lmaoooo......

Just when I think Pruitt can't be any goofier (which is a good thing), he breaks out the glasses.

Aight by gawd!
He don't look as bad as Muschump is them Gloria Vanderbilt like classes. I seen Muschamp and said and then there's Maude! LOL!!!!! GBO!!!!

Reactions: JMSqb11
Maybe I'm misreading this, but it sounds like you think Pruitt was being an a-hole today. After reading this post and the posts from others ITT who seem to think Pruitt was irritated, I rewatched the presser to see if I may have missed something. I'm still not sure why anyone would think he was mad or rude or anything like that? He did correct a reporter who put words in his mouth, but he went on to thoroughly answer the reporter's question.

I agree. The PR part is just not what he enjoys, I think if given a choice of going to the Dentist or holding a press conference he would go to the Dentist.
Also, I think maybe he considers it sort of like being accountable, and he is always very cautious not to give the competition any information.
He is what he is, I’m ok with it.

yep, a team injury report was what I wanted...guess we'll get more later in the week...just hope everybody else is fine..:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU!

-"Were probably as healthy as we've been in a long time."

I would think this means that all those who have been dinged up lately are slated to return.

Reactions: Vol Main
maxresdefault.jpg

When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.

Just a few thoughts

1. CJP has nothing to do with the reporters' jobs.
CJP is under no obligation to give them stories to write.
And neither they nor us have a right to know everything he knows about the players, the game, or the preparation.
That's why we have HIPAA laws to limit access to private information about the players.

2. The reporters need to respect the game enough to prepare themselves and be ready to ask pertinent and relevant questions.
I hate those guys who just weasel their way around the program looking for dirt to expose. They're nothing but leaches.

3. CJP or any other coach for that matter is not being an a--hole if he gets irritated by stupid, controversial, or inappropriate questions.
It's the reporters' job to report on all aspects of the game--not to try to turn it into a soap opera.
CJP is under no obligation to tell them everything that he knows happened in the game.

That is all.....

GO VOLS!

Last edited:
He didn't address any injuries...... Solomon , Toto , Bryce Thompson , etc .

He did mention that the team is the healthiest it has been in a while. I will note that after the UK game I was surprised to see Solomon jogging off the field towards the lockerroom and he looked fine with no noticeable limp. However, Thompson was noticeably limping, but was at least moving around on his own without help. Henry T. also seemed fine.

Reactions: OG.V83 and VOLSONLY
I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.
Yeah I really think he gives two craps what your opinion is

I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.

Meh. What does it take to get credentials? Half the online stuff isn't even spell checked. CJP doesn't owe the media more than the minimum. Let him do his job, watch whatever part of practice and the games and write opinion pieces. Listen to press conferences and interviews and write an article based off the information that you have. Whatever happened to sources, etc. Our SI department can give out half the stuff.

I don't think whether or not Pruitt discusses Nigel Warriors progression from last year to this year is a paradigm shifting event in human history.

I would imagine if they ceased the weekly press conferences 97% of Vol fans wouldn't care or wouldn't notice.

I feel like 1 post game presser is good, and 2 weekly pressers is overkill. If it wasn't the media would have better questions.

Coach Pruitt's primary job right now is to prepare for Missouri. Besides, he answered all the questions didn't he? He probably answers questions more thoroughly than any other coach in the SEC. How is he not letting the reporters do their job?
Exactly! Sometimes I think he does too much to educate those dorks on the complexities of what’s involved in defensive coverages.

Pruitt was born and raised to do 1 thing...Be a football coach and that's all he wants to be.

He doesn't want to be a star in the press or anywhere else.

The only time he might like being in the press is when he WINS the SEC Championship and when he WINS the National Championship and even then he'll probably give all the credit to his players and his coaches.

He'd probably be fine if he only had to talk to his wife and family, his players and his coaches.

I don't care what he says to the press as long as he keeps adding up the WINS!

VFL...GBO!!!

I didn't think he was rude or mad. Just seemed a little irritated with the reporter and then I thought he left rather quickly. It was a short press conference compared to most. It wasn't meant to be a big deal, and it seems I was the only one who thought that.
I actually thought the same thing there at the end.

VN Store

Back