Jeremy Pruitt's Monday press conference (video and notes)

I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.
That was back when we had real reporters, those who reported what went on and not be always print-broadcast editorials. I wish we were back to reporters instead of journalist who think they know about football than football coaches. we have a lot of people who write and talk about sports with little knowledge about what is actually going on. I really like the way Marvin West wrote when he was was with the local news papers. I also respect the articles he now writes with great insight of what is going on. I wish we had more like him, but have not yet seen another one.

-"Were probably as healthy as we've been in a long time."

I would think this means that all those who have been dinged up lately are slated to return.
Yep, according to Austin Price, both Darnell Wright (ankle) and Jamir Johnson (toe) got much needed rest/healing up time and will be good to go. Henry T’s knee (kneecap actually) given more time to heal which helps him, JG’s left hand should be better/more functional and Bryce Thompson’s knee should be much better. Second BYE definitely came at a perfect time this year. Now the guys just gotta go play physical, focused, clean football and finish the season the way they couldn’t last year.

So Pruitt didn't want to be there? Neither would about 99.99% of Vol fans. No game this past weekend and could just have one of his PR make a list of who's hurt and who might or won't play next week. So, what's the point?
Many of us make pretty darn good money at our jobs but, there's parts of it we despise. I hate when we have weekly meetings that go over things we predicted were not going to change last week and they didn't.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I remember the great Richard Petty once told his son Kyle something along these lines.

When your driving in a race that is your job. When the race is over it becomes the reporters job. Meaning to give respect to them because they have their jobs to do also. People may laugh at some things the reporters ask but we do depend a lot on them still. Coach Pruitt. Let the reporters do their job.

Don’t really agree. The coach’s top job is to win and winning isn’t done in news articles.

Did math on his age to see how close he is to 45 years old.

Spot on.

At age 45 you become far sighted. Nothing gradual about it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I agree. The PR part is just not what he enjoys, I think if given a choice of going to the Dentist or holding a press conference he would go to the Dentist.
Also, I think maybe he considers it sort of like being accountable, and he is always very cautious not to give the competition any information.
He is what he is, I’m ok with it.
Is that GTO Judge a RAIII or RAIV?

Reactions: OldVolMan
View attachment 239135

Pruitt sporting the spectacles.

-Missouri is 5-1 at home, but the game against Florida was really close. They're a team that's dominated this series. They are very well coached and haven't given up many points. They have a history of having good pash rushers. Coached against Bryant when he was at Clemson. He can extend plays. They are big and physical upfront on offense. They have a number of capable running backs and have playmakers on the outside.

-It's a huge challenge for us. We have to improve. We've yet to play our best game and have yet to play a complete game.

-Nigel Warrior has continued to work hard every day. He's been a good leader. He's improved tremendously from last year. He's playing his best football right now. He's turning into a complete player. Like everybody, he wants to play his best game this next week.

-Daniel Bituli is one of our better players. He's worked extremely hard to learn the ins and outs of what we're trying to do. He a tough guy, an instinctive guy.

-I think the guys are excited. The clock is ticking on 2019. This group enjoys being around each other and we still have a lot to prove.

-We're probably as healthy as we've been in a long time.

-On Baylen Buchanan. He's not going to play the rest of the year. They'll continue to work on his rehab and hopefully we will get him back.

-Jarrett Guarantano has been able to do everything except maybe clap his hand. We cut down on a lot of his reps to eliminate contact and reduce the swelling. All of our quarterbacks will get the same amount of reps. As the week goes we will probably narrow it down and focus on two guys.

-Nigel has improved in the last 18 months, probably as much as any player I've been around.

You could tell he was a bit insecure about the specs I think they look good!

I know that. I have one. 😂. Just asking if it’s the Ram Air III or Ram Air IV. Mine was given to me by my dad. He bought it new in ‘69.
I’m sorry did not read it close enough. That is a picture of one just like I had. It was IV.
GTO been my most fav car of all, had a 65, 66, and two 69s. My best friend‘s Dad in high school bought him a 66, was hooked on them ever since.

Reactions: wuwh_08

VN Store

Back