New Texas coach

State will be a non factor in next two years!!! I don't know who they will hire but they just lost their golden egg! He is a top 5 coach at least and maybe better. If you can get female players to move to Starkville you sure can get them to go to Austin. Myself I detest taxes but he will do well.

Schaefer broke out at Mississippi State. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat that success at Texas. If he can, he should get a big bump in the "all time rankings" for coaches in the sport. If there ever is such a thing.

Absolutely hilarious. One year after Tennessee's completely underwhelming hire, Texas knocks it out of the park and shows how it's done. When you're a former power in the game trying to return to power, go hire the best coach. Period. Don't go for the cheapest "in the family" hire. Now watch how Texas rises while Tennessee flounders...

Yep, Texas is known for ‘homerun hires’ i.e., Gail Goestenkors.

Absolutely hilarious. One year after Tennessee's completely underwhelming hire, Texas knocks it out of the park and shows how it's done. When you're a former power in the game trying to return to power, go hire the best coach. Period. Don't go for the cheapest "in the family" hire. Now watch how Texas rises while Tennessee flounders...

Last edited:
State will be a non factor in next two years!!! I don't know who they will hire but they just lost their golden egg! He is a top 5 coach at least and maybe better. If you can get female players to move to Starkville you sure can get them to go to Austin. Myself I detest taxes but he will do well.
Could be next year if what I’m hearing is true... mass exodus coming

Holly

Reactions: sccshortstop
Lol I wouldn’t trust the program under him. Crap like this is why. He treats his players like garbage to from what I know (if you aren’t his superstar)
Just wondering how many of his non superstars you know? I have not looked but I don't remember many players transferring out but I would expect him to bring some with him to taxes.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

That's wat I said!

Just wondering how many of his non superstars you know? I have not looked but I don't remember many players transferring out but I would expect him to bring some with him to taxes.

He had a lot of transfers, but I don't buy into the notion that he drove players off. Three of the higher profile ones were a player who quit basketball altogether, one who got pregnant and dropped out, one who went transferred closer to home and another who changed her mind before her first game and went JUCO. The most recent transfer Hemingway was because she knew she was at the end of the bench and wouldn't be getting minutes.

Are we talking about the same MISST... he literally recruits over girls left and right since he’s been there.

Reactions: sisaq
Are we talking about the same MISST... he literally recruits over girls left and right since he’s been there.
If you say so but I still have not heard anyone of his players stab him like many have Holly and other coaches. Every coach worth his salt recruits over his players any and every day.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Good hire he develops his players he was at A&M so knows Texas HS recruiting.... last 2 texas hires were not good for Texas this one certainly is

Reactions: sccshortstop
Who doesn't? If not for the transfers, Jaz would have been playing behind Evina and Anastasia.

All successful coaches do it. Survival of the fittest. If Kellie could get Aliyah Boston to come to Tennessee, you think she'd turn her away?

Who doesn't? If not for the transfers, Jaz would have been playing behind Evina and Anastasia.

All successful coaches do it. Survival of the fittest. If Kellie could get Aliyah Boston to come to Tennessee, you think she'd turn her away?
Evina and Anastasia are older than Jaz??? Hows that recruiting over?

VN Store

Back