At least five SEC coaches frustrated of SEC's lack of scheduling transparency

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm sure we can guess which coaches are upset and which aren't.

Sources: The SEC coaches call on Thursday became contentious. At least five SEC coaches expressed frustration over the lack of transparency regarding the inability to produce a "formula" for how the two additional league opponents were chosen. -- Pete Thamel

I'm sure we can guess which coaches are upset and which aren't.

Sources: The SEC coaches call on Thursday became contentious. At least five SEC coaches expressed frustration over the lack of transparency regarding the inability to produce a "formula" for how the two additional league opponents were chosen. -- Pete Thamel
We know how it was chosen. Who did the SEC think may make the playoffs? Give them a favorable schedule.

I suppose, "Bama and UGA got to choose" was not an acceptable formula?

Every school was supposed to play their next two cross division opponents. That's who UGA is playing. Bama and the Lizards whined, which caused the delay, which caused the Hogs and Mizzou to get crapped on.
UF was Bama's next scheduled opponent, now the aren't. Shazzam.

They need to grow a sack and play the damn games. Stop your whining ya Sallies. You're either first or your last. Play whoever is on your schedule. Play dirty if you have to. Just win at all cost. Repeat, play like you will be sacrificed if you lose.

They need to grow a sack and play the damn games. Stop your whining ya Sallies. You're either first or your last. Play whoever is on your schedule. Play dirty if you have to. Just win at all cost. Repeat, play like you will be sacrificed if you lose.
They will play the games. But they also have every right to bring up their concerns to the SEC when they aren't telling anyone how they put those schedules together. Pruitt is trying to translate improvement into the win column for recruits to see. Makes it a lot harder when the SEC screws your schedule over.

They will play the games. But they also have every right to bring up their concerns to the SEC when they aren't telling anyone how they put those schedules together. Pruitt is trying to translate improvement into the win column for recruits to see. Makes it a lot harder when the SEC screws your schedule over.

I'm sick and damn tired of pansie whining about how hard the schedule is. Just win the damn games if you claim to be so good. You live in the SEC pal. Guess what the schedule is always hard. Nobody said this crap in the 90s. Makes me sick.

I'm sick and damn tired of pansie whining about how hard the schedule is. Just win the damn games if you claim to be so good. You live in the SEC pal. Guess what the schedule is always hard. Nobody said this crap in the 90s. Makes me sick.
? The 90's are in the past. Get over it. The focus now is to get back to where we want to be. Makes it a lot harder when the SEC screws us over. Reality is we aren't quite there yet. And really? Pansie whining? To bring up the SEC having obvious bias towards the teams they think have the best shots at making playoffs is not pansy whining.

? The 90's are in the past. Get over it. The focus now is to get back to where we want to be. Makes it a lot harder when the SEC screws us over. Reality is we aren't quite there yet. And really? Pansie whining? To bring up the SEC having obvious bias towards the teams they think have the best shots at making playoffs is not pansy whining.
Real men don't talk about being screwed over, ever. Just win. If you win then the bias will work in your favor. Learn the system and exploit it. Never whine or talk about how somebody screwed you over.

Tennessee deserves every bad thing that happens to it because of their gross mismanagement of the athletic department and abysmal coaching hires of the last decade. Literally all of this is Tennessee's fault. The only way to redeem themselves is to win no matter who they play.

Real men don't talk about being screwed over, ever. Just win. If you win then the bias will work in your favor. Learn the system and exploit it. Never whine or talk about how somebody screwed you over.

Tennessee deserves every bad thing that happens to it because of their gross mismanagement of the athletic department and abysmal coaching hires of the last decade. Literally all of this is Tennessee's fault. The only way to redeem themselves is to win no matter who they play.
I don’t want to have bias when we become good again. Feel like with your attitude you wouldn’t either, real men don’t need bias right? Just win. That’s simply what I’m saying. There shouldn’t be bias, it’s corrupt and eats away at the legitimacy of teams success. Not considered whining to point out corruptness.

Not getting into yall's fight, but I agree with the last paragraph for sure. The one and only way Tennessee is going to shake this stink off is to start knocking some of these mofos out and doing it more often than not.

SEC teams total Top 25 games per Mandel's updated Top 25

SEC WEST
- Arkansas (7) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Alabama (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Auburn (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Ole Miss (6) (#2 Bama, #4 LSU, #6 UF #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Miss St (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- LSU (4) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB)

SEC EAST

- USC (7) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS #20 UK)

- Georgia (6) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Tennessee (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Kentucky (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Missouri (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Vanderbilt (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Florida (5) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

Last edited:
Reactions: savannahfan
How much will this season matter in the minds of most? Even the recruits are getting a taste at the high school level of the chaos. And if we had to draw a West team I feel like we got the right guy to go against Auburn, CJP and CGM have coached against each other going back to HS. So, strap it on. We get screwed every non covid year because we play bammer. At least we get Candy every year as well.

And sadly, this may be the lost season if things don't turn around.

Reactions: savannahfan
SEC teams total Top 25 games per Mandel's updated Top 25

SEC WEST
- Arkansas (7) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Alabama (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Auburn (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Ole Miss (6) (#2 Bama, #4 LSU, #6 UF #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Miss St (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- LSU (4) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB)

SEC EAST

- USC (7) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS #20 UK)

- Georgia (6) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Tennessee (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Kentucky (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Missouri (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Vanderbilt (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Florida (5) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

This is misleading to some degree. The best way to analyze the league’s decision is to look at each team’s games from the other division:

Georgia plays 3 ranked West opponents.
Florida plays 2.
Tenn plays 3.

LSU plays only 1 ranked East opponent.
Alabama and Auburn play 3.

So LSU is the real head scratcher (how does the returning champ get the easiest draw?) with Florida right behind them.

VN Store

Back