At least five SEC coaches frustrated of SEC's lack of scheduling transparency

I think they missed out on a great opportunity to make the additional 2 games of scheduling a blind draw on national TV, or SEC Network.
Now that is some clever sh##. With everyone clamoring for anything that feels like football. It would have been a good mine.

And then we would have drawn LSU instead of Auburn lol.

I told anyone who would listen, bama will get two of the three, SC, KY, or MO, they got the last two! It’s crap and not fair, so let’s just go be the $&@; out of them and make it not matter
Who else should Bama have to play?

We have a tough schedule every year so this year is no different imo. We swapped out a playoff contender in Oklahoma for the teams that will probably finish 3rd and 4th in the SEC West.

I'm sure we can guess which coaches are upset and which aren't.

Sources: The SEC coaches call on Thursday became contentious. At least five SEC coaches expressed frustration over the lack of transparency regarding the inability to produce a "formula" for how the two additional league opponents were chosen. -- Pete Thamel

If a guy with an elephant a-$ avatar can put together a fair schedule waiting on his Chick Fil A, you better know coaches can see the issues...

NCAA doesn't control the college football playoffs....The playoff committee announced this week that as of right now they are planning on it taking place in Jan per usual.

I get teams like Arkansas really got screwed, but these low tier teams SEC for one can't play themselves and for two have an easy cross-divisional rival they play each year.

You
SEC teams total Top 25 games per Mandel's updated Top 25

SEC WEST
- Arkansas (7) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Alabama (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Auburn (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Ole Miss (6) (#2 Bama, #4 LSU, #6 UF #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Miss St (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- LSU (4) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB)

SEC EAST

- USC (7) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS #20 UK)

- Georgia (6) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Tennessee (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Kentucky (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Missouri (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Vanderbilt (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Florida (5) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)
You listed KY as playing themselves 🤔

Not getting into yall's fight, but I agree with the last paragraph for sure. The one and only way Tennessee is going to shake this stink off is to start knocking some of these mofos out and doing it more often than not.
I agreed with the last paragraph as well. We do need to start winning these games, because at the end of the day it Is our fault for getting into this position. But that doesn't have anything to do with obvious SEC bias.

All you need to know is the SEC home office and everybody that works there is located in Homewood, Alabama. The pieces to the puzzle fall into place once you realize that.

SEC teams total Top 25 games per Mandel's updated Top 25

SEC WEST
- Arkansas (7) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Alabama (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Auburn (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Ole Miss (6) (#2 Bama, #4 LSU, #6 UF #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Miss St (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- LSU (4) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB)

SEC EAST

- USC (7) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS #20 UK)

- Georgia (6) (#2 Bama, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Tennessee (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #13 AUB, #20 UK)

- Kentucky (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #6 UF, #13 AUB, #18 VOLS)

- Missouri (6) (#2 Bama, #3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Vanderbilt (6) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #6 UF, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

- Florida (5) (#3 UGA, #4 LSU, #8 TAMU, #18 VOLS, #20 UK)

Does this new Top 25 take out teams like Ohio State Penn St etc & Pac teams and all canceled G5 . If so it is really hard to judge it as a true top 25 because some of the teams would not be top 25 with the canceled conferences. We rarely have 8 teams in preseason top 25

Last edited:
Reactions: JacketVol
Better to let them do this stupid stuff in a year that will in all likelihood be denoted with an asterisk at the minimum. Everyone will have to play their normally scheduled opponents eventually... Hopefully in seasons that won't be debated.

It’s a stupid argument all around! Every team was already playing 8 so what’s 2 more from the other side? 7 from your side plus 3 from other side. Bama was already playing us so they got GA and UK. Only other one they could have gotten was Florida from east to make their schedule more difficult!
LSU came out the best!

I'm sick and damn tired of pansie whining about how hard the schedule is. Just win the damn games if you claim to be so good. You live in the SEC pal. Guess what the schedule is always hard. Nobody said this crap in the 90s. Makes me sick.

We didn't have a situation like this in the nineties. I think the closest to this situation was very likely the WW2 era.
Like you I say just shut the hel- up and play the games.

Real men don't talk about being screwed over, ever. Just win. If you win then the bias will work in your favor. Learn the system and exploit it. Never whine or talk about how somebody screwed you over.

Tennessee deserves every bad thing that happens to it because of their gross mismanagement of the athletic department and abysmal coaching hires of the last decade. Literally all of this is Tennessee's fault. The only way to redeem themselves is to win no matter who they play.

Hear, hear!!! Losers are always looking for someone to lay blame for their poor performance on.

Reactions: BackwoodsMan
Tennessee’s schedule is very challenging, my question is which one is at home? I would rather have Auburn at home but with minimal fans I wonder what the impact would be? Bama And UGA really got the easiest opponents from the East. JMO.

VN Store

Back