At least five SEC coaches frustrated of SEC's lack of scheduling transparency

All you need to know is the SEC home office and everybody that works there is located in Homewood, Alabama. The pieces to the puzzle fall into place once you realize that.

While Homewood is close the SEC office is in downtown Birmingham near BJCC.

These rankings are arbitrary and seem skewed because UT is ranked #18 which automatically gives our opponents a “weak” game. Remove UT and the opponent being played when comparing schedules...

UT vs UGA (literally the exact same schedule when removing UT and UGA’s rankings)
UT: 2, 6, 8, 13, 20
UGA: 2, 6, 8, 13, 20

UT vs Bama
UT: 3, 6, 8, 13, 20
Bama: 3, 4, 8,13, 20

If we want our opponents to have a stronger schedule, we should probably just win some games and achieve a higher ranking

Exactly! How many years have we lost to Bama and Florida? UNACCEPTABLE! Sooner or later you just have to win the games and quit whining about how hard the schedule is. Tennessee has played these same teams for decades. That will never change. Just win the dang games.

How much will this season matter in the minds of most? Even the recruits are getting a taste at the high school level of the chaos. And if we had to draw a West team I feel like we got the right guy to go against Auburn, CJP and CGM have coached against each other going back to HS. So, strap it on. We get screwed every non covid year because we play bammer. At least we get Candy every year as well.

And sadly, this may be the lost season if things don't turn around.

It will matter to the young men who sacrifice a normal college social life and bust their butts year-round preparing for the opportunity to play. And THAT is more than enough for me.

And for those who will try to claim that I’m overhyping their desire to play, see Justin Fields as one example.

So, I’m with your conclusion. It really doesn’t matter who they play. Just let them play as long as it is possible.

I think it’s pretty obvious why they scheduled the way they did. The SEC wants as many teams in the playoff as possible. Giving UGA and Bama an easy road is their best chance for that.

They don’t care about fairness or a level playing field. That should be clear by now.

VN Store

Back