Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

If we could get out of the buyout, I would love to buy low on a coach like Chadwell or Healy. I think both of them are going to be stars. Don’t see how we can pay 12 million and then not hire a proven winner.

There's a BIG difference between, say, Pruitt and someone like Chadwell. Pruitt had never been anything but an assistant. The young head coaches like Chadwell and Napier both have head coaching experience. And both have experience turning around bad teams and making them good. Yes, it's an experiment from the standpoint they aren't Power 5 coaches but they have head coaching experience and have proven on their level they can get the job done.

When we hired Precious (Dooley) he wasn't even a good head coach at Louisiana Tech. Jones would come in behind Brian Kelly's rebuilt teams and kind of ride his wave to the next job. I knew that Jones was a disaster the second we hired him. I have a good friend that lives in Cinci and I followed them for moral support. That program was going downhill fast with the little trumpet blower with the Napoleon complex on the sidelines. He was just smart enough to know when to try to flee one job and move to the next because even he knew he was full of crap.

But anyway - there will be a narrative pushed that we can't go for the "bargain bin" coaches. That's not true. Just DON'T go for a coach that hasn't been a head coach. Go for someone that has head coaching experience that shows they can make bad teams good and elevate the team with their coaching acumen. That's why Matt Campbell is my number one choice and it's not even close. Then I'd go Fickell, Chadwell, Freeze, Sitake, Napier, and Holliday as the fallback option. Every last one of them have turned bad teams around and have proven track records as head coaches.

I believe Tennessee should go after Jamey Chadwell of Coastal Carolina. Good, young coach from the local area, would be a good role modal for the players.
No thank you. Luke Fickle is a far better option than him and Bill Clarke would be a better pick than him also. Chadwell will get his chance but having a good season at coastal doesn’t warrant him a job at Tennessee just yet. Now look at the job Fickle has done and he has had them in the top 10 all year or most of it and his teams keep improving and he came from Ohio State to Cincy. If we going to go with young good coach Fickle is it. But if you want someone that has proven that he can beat the big boys of the SEC then Freeze is the call to make.

There's a BIG difference between, say, Pruitt and someone like Chadwell. Pruitt had never been anything but an assistant. The young head coaches like Chadwell and Napier both have head coaching experience. And both have experience turning around bad teams and making them good. Yes, it's an experiment from the standpoint they aren't Power 5 coaches but they have head coaching experience and have proven on their level they can get the job done.

When we hired Precious (Dooley) he wasn't even a good head coach at Louisiana Tech. Jones would come in behind Brian Kelly's rebuilt teams and kind of ride his wave to the next job. I knew that Jones was a disaster the second we hired him. I have a good friend that lives in Cinci and I followed them for moral support. That program was going downhill fast with the little trumpet blower with the Napoleon complex on the sidelines. He was just smart enough to know when to try to flee one job and move to the next because even he knew he was full of crap.

But anyway - there will be a narrative pushed that we can't go for the "bargain bin" coaches. That's not true. Just DON'T go for a coach that hasn't been a head coach. Go for someone that has head coaching experience that shows they can make bad teams good and elevate the team with their coaching acumen. That's why Matt Campbell is my number one choice and it's not even close. Then I'd go Fickell, Chadwell, Freeze, Sitake, Napier, and Holliday as the fallback option. Every last one of them have turned bad teams around and have proven track records as head coaches.
Freeze would have to be the #1 option. He has proven he can beat Bama and done so multiple times. Those other coaches are good coaches but no experience beating the caliber of teams like Freeze had to when he was beating SEC teams and had ole miss #1 at one point. He had a great offense snd great defense. Remember the land sharks.

Anyone still wanting to dig through the dollar vin's just needs to go ahead and throw on that black and gold. We have received exactly what we've paid for

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Anyone still wanting to dig through the dollar vin's just needs to go ahead and throw on that black and gold. We have received exactly what we've paid for
Most of our fans are already pushing black uniforms. Might as well just glitz them with a little gold too.

I believe Tennessee should go after Jamey Chadwell of Coastal Carolina. Good, young coach from the local area, would be a good role modal for the players.

Your kidding, right, not another up and comer like Dooley, Jones and Pruitt.......
But Tennessee likes to make foolish coaching hires, don’t they?

giphy.gif

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back