Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

If we could get out of the buyout, I would love to buy low on a coach like Chadwell or Healy. I think both of them are going to be stars. Don’t see how we can pay 12 million and then not hire a proven winner.
Healy doesn’t get the accolades he deserves for what he did at his previous stop. He would get my vote based on that alone between the two. I think he has a bright future.

Reactions: sonofUT62
They actually pay someone to stand on the sideline w/water bottles to squirt into the players mouth?
I remember when I'd get my own water to drink.
Saban's assistant makes 6 figures to follow him up and down the sideline with the Gatorade cup. There's a job for everyone I suppose. 🤔

Many of these “young up and comers” could work out.....who knows.

This guy does look promising.....however remember he did go 3-9 & 5-7 in the two previous seasons.

While he is showing improvement each year.......I don’t think any team like Tennessee (one who can’t afford another gamble) will take him......right now.

If......lol....rather when Tennessee and Pruitt part ways, they MUST find a proven winner. A coach who can win from the get go. One who can build on success each year. And one who can recruit.

“Pipe dreams” were discussed last coaching search.......but the next time “if” Tennessee doesn’t shell out the $ and get one.......we will most likely continue to see much the same, and I feel fans of Tennessee football will fall by the wayside. I mean really if you’ve been a fan for only a decade or so......why stay if the program doesn’t care about you?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I believe Tennessee should go after Jamey Chadwell of Coastal Carolina. Good, young coach from the local area, would be a good role modal for the players.

Won't be surprised if USCe gets Satterfield to jump ship from Louisville, and Jamey Chadwell ends up taking his place there.

There's a BIG difference between, say, Pruitt and someone like Chadwell. Pruitt had never been anything but an assistant. The young head coaches like Chadwell and Napier both have head coaching experience. And both have experience turning around bad teams and making them good. Yes, it's an experiment from the standpoint they aren't Power 5 coaches but they have head coaching experience and have proven on their level they can get the job done.

When we hired Precious (Dooley) he wasn't even a good head coach at Louisiana Tech. Jones would come in behind Brian Kelly's rebuilt teams and kind of ride his wave to the next job. I knew that Jones was a disaster the second we hired him. I have a good friend that lives in Cinci and I followed them for moral support. That program was going downhill fast with the little trumpet blower with the Napoleon complex on the sidelines. He was just smart enough to know when to try to flee one job and move to the next because even he knew he was full of crap.

But anyway - there will be a narrative pushed that we can't go for the "bargain bin" coaches. That's not true. Just DON'T go for a coach that hasn't been a head coach. Go for someone that has head coaching experience that shows they can make bad teams good and elevate the team with their coaching acumen. That's why Matt Campbell is my number one choice and it's not even close. Then I'd go Fickell, Chadwell, Freeze, Sitake, Napier, and Holliday as the fallback option. Every last one of them have turned bad teams around and have proven track records as head coaches.

I’ll take Hugh Freeze for a $1000 Alex

Reactions: TN1111
I watched the CC and Appy State game last weekend and I gotta say the CC guys played razor sharp well coached football. I know folks say get a proven coach with P5 experience and I don't dispute that but I'd trade Colonel Cornpone and his boys for the CC crew in a heartbeat. Chadwell is a good coach that gets the most from his players and I guarantee you if the Vols played them this year their butts would get handed to them by halftime.

There's a BIG difference between, say, Pruitt and someone like Chadwell. Pruitt had never been anything but an assistant. The young head coaches like Chadwell and Napier both have head coaching experience. And both have experience turning around bad teams and making them good. Yes, it's an experiment from the standpoint they aren't Power 5 coaches but they have head coaching experience and have proven on their level they can get the job done.

When we hired Precious (Dooley) he wasn't even a good head coach at Louisiana Tech. Jones would come in behind Brian Kelly's rebuilt teams and kind of ride his wave to the next job. I knew that Jones was a disaster the second we hired him. I have a good friend that lives in Cinci and I followed them for moral support. That program was going downhill fast with the little trumpet blower with the Napoleon complex on the sidelines. He was just smart enough to know when to try to flee one job and move to the next because even he knew he was full of crap.

But anyway - there will be a narrative pushed that we can't go for the "bargain bin" coaches. That's not true. Just DON'T go for a coach that hasn't been a head coach. Go for someone that has head coaching experience that shows they can make bad teams good and elevate the team with their coaching acumen. That's why Matt Campbell is my number one choice and it's not even close. Then I'd go Fickell, Chadwell, Freeze, Sitake, Napier, and Holliday as the fallback option. Every last one of them have turned bad teams around and have proven track records as head coaches.
It wouldn't just be imprudent to hire someone, at this juncture, who has not won, and won on a substantial level, at a Power 5 school - it would be utter foolishness. If this program had not already been down for fifteen years, and was not already on its death knell, perhaps we could roll the dice again on someone unproven; but it has been down, and it is on its death knell, and the time for the cavalier, breezy, throw-crap-against-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks approach to hiring a HC for this program is over and gone.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
No thank you. Luke Fickle is a far better option than him and Bill Clarke would be a better pick than him also. Chadwell will get his chance but having a good season at coastal doesn’t warrant him a job at Tennessee just yet. Now look at the job Fickle has done and he has had them in the top 10 all year or most of it and his teams keep improving and he came from Ohio State to Cincy. If we going to go with young good coach Fickle is it. But if you want someone that has proven that he can beat the big boys of the SEC then Freeze is the call to make.

Chadwell has far more than one good season. He's been a HC longer than Fickel and has turned around/built a couple programs. No sense in being informed though.

VN Store

Back