Hopefully Saturday puts to rest our QB woes...

PulaskiVolFan

My view on our QB situation has always been the same, JG the veteran was always going to be our starting QB until our committed blue chip recruit Bailey was ready. This was the plan 2-3 years ago the day HB committed to the program and it was likely the plan going into the season. BM, JT, the transfer from Stanford and whoever else came were simply put on the roster as development type depth to hold us over until HB was ready. Now you all can argue that you recruit the best you can at each position and say you'd never recruit a kid like BM to be an insurance plan but I still say that the #1 plan was to always start Bailey the second he was ready. I think most would agree that was always the plan. I personally think Coach Pruitt waited a little long getting Bailey into the mix but I think Covid played a bigger role in that decision than did Pruitt. As long as HB doesn't lay an egg Saturday it's his position to lose an I think he's the face of our program going forward. As for next season I think BM transfers just as many here predicted would likely happen once Bailey committed, Shrout may or may not but I think he stays through graduate school. Bailey and Salter will be our #1 and #2 next year and we'll have our sights set on young Manning for the future with Simpson being our backup plan. I don't think JG will return and could see him transferring to Rutgers or anywhere that he'd get to play. Recruiting the QB position and being able to set your team up for future success is probably the toughest thing to do when setting up your roster and there is a fine line between being great and terrible at it. I still think we're set up for success at the position but we need it to happen sooner rather than later. FWIW young Salter's playing style reminds me of Jalen Hurts.

My view on our QB situation has always been the same, JG the veteran was always going to be our starting QB until our committed blue chip recruit Bailey was ready. This was the plan 2-3 years ago the day HB committed to the program and it was likely the plan going into the season. BM, JT, the transfer from Stanford and whoever else came were simply put on the roster as development type depth to hold us over until HB was ready. Now you all can argue that you recruit the best you can at each position and say you'd never recruit a kid like BM to be an insurance plan but I still say that the #1 plan was to always start Bailey the second he was ready. I think most would agree that was always the plan. I personally think Coach Pruitt waited a little long getting Bailey into the mix but I think Covid played a bigger role in that decision than did Pruitt. As long as HB doesn't lay an egg Saturday it's his position to lose an I think he's the face of our program going forward. As for next season I think BM transfers just as many here predicted would likely happen once Bailey committed, Shrout may or may not but I think he stays through graduate school. Bailey and Salter will be our #1 and #2 next year and we'll have our sights set on young Manning for the future with Simpson being our backup plan. I don't think JG will return and could see him transferring to Rutgers or anywhere that he'd get to play. Recruiting the QB position and being able to set your team up for future success is probably the toughest thing to do when setting up your roster and there is a fine line between being great and terrible at it. I still think we're set up for success at the position but we need it to happen sooner rather than later. FWIW young Salter's playing style reminds me of Jalen Hurts.
Pruitt played a bigger role in Bailey’s lack of development than COVID tracing.

JG to Rutgers. We've heard that for two / three seasons. You realize his parents moved just outside Athens,Ga.

Here you go again. I agree JTS was a developmental qb but BM was NOT. Helton recruited BM to take JGs job as a true freshman and I know that to be a fact. So you’re wrong in thinking “That was always the plan”.

I think it should be clear NOW that Pruitts “plan” has ALWAYS differed from the experts he’s hired. Which is WHY the door is being opened for his exit and most can’t wait to see him walk through it. If you want to say “Pruitts plan” then I think it’s hard to disagree with. However suggesting the plan was a collected effort is asinine. Like I said, you have a point with JTS but you are WAY OFF with BM. Elite 11 qbs are not “projects” or patchwork. Especially the ones that perform well within the elite 11 environment. They are qbs with skill sets that are considered elite and are meant to be built upon at the next level. And just because UT has a defensive coordinator as a HC that believes he’s smarter than the proven staff he’s hired, doesn’t make it true.

If Bailey gets the start vs UF then I expect to see him perform well vs that defense. But if he doesn’t top 260 yards and 2 tds then I’m hesitant to say he’s “better” than Maurer would’ve been if given the opportunity to improve.

JG to Rutgers. We've heard that for two / three seasons. You realize his parents moved just outside Athens,Ga.

Hmm. Piedmont College doesn't have a football team...but Reinhardt College isn't terribly far away.

Reactions: carpbc

This is Jeremy Pruitt fan-fiction at its finest.

Are Maurer and Shrout still in the mix or is this basically a JG and Bailey battle?

Are Maurer and Shrout still in the mix or is this basically a JG and Bailey battle?
My opinion is that it is just JG and Bailey now. The other two QB's have experience, you would think we would have seen more of them based on the level of play we have seen from JG this year.

I know a lot of us have been dogging on JG this year (including me) I just want to go on record as saying I like the young man. He is "All Vol" and has given his all for the university, his all is just not good enough for an SEC school.

My opinion is that it is just JG and Bailey now. The other two QB's have experience, you would think we would have seen more of them based on the level of play we have seen from JG this year.

I know a lot of us have been dogging on JG this year (including me) I just want to go on record as saying I like the young man. He is "All Vol" and has given his all for the university, his all is just not good enough for an SEC school.
I think most on here "like JG". Kid has heart. We just don't like him as our QB.

Hahaha... so he recruited two below average P5 QBs because he knew he had an elite 2020 QB committed? But he made this decision in... 2018? You are quite delusional...

I did not know his parents moved, Maybe he will transfer to GA and ruin their program for the next 5 years

That'd be a hoot, transitioning from Coach Slingblade to Coach Larry Culpepper's squad.

Pulaski-
You know a thread post this long will only be read by me and a few others:). As for HB, I just hope he is ready and/or has a tough backside (from head top to foot bottom). I fear he is going to need it this weekend. (if he is indeed the starting QB) As for your mention of the "Manning" situation, I think he will go to Duke or where ever Cut is. OR,,, and that is a big "or", it is my belief he will go to Ole Miss if Kif can stay clean. (this is the "big or)..

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I still think Pruitt is getting paid or blackmailed into playing JG. Why else would he continue to bringing a pack of Uno Cards to a Poker Tournament?

Reactions: vol1981

VN Store

Back