Hopefully Saturday puts to rest our QB woes...

Well this is certainly a change in tune from you, there are tons of threads where you argued with everyone about how good JG was, now your saying he was just a place holder. Funny how that works
Never said JG was great, always said his stats put him top half of the conference, his experience was why he was given the job and that BM and Shrout were never going to be the guy at UT because of their level of experience and because HB was committed here. The NegaVols pushed the narrative that I loved JG and they were wrong. I tried to take up for an all Vol VFL player that JG has shown himself to be all while having to put up with the childish hyperbole ways of our NegaVol fanbase. Now just how far off was I? You played college football I'm surprised that you didn't think it would play out this exact same way.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I think it's Bailey's from this point on. Our fans won't admit it because they all thought BM was some miracle savior because he played a good half against GA but I think Bailey, once he committed, was always going to be the one once he got his chance and he was always going to get his chance this year. Shrout was never going to be the guy. Coaches have a plan when they recruit the QB position and I believe the plan has always been for it to be HB. I think Pruitt would liked to have been more successful with JG in order to bring HB along slowly but it just never happened that way.
So when did you remove your head out of JG's a%% and finally figure out what we have all been saying. And i have been on record as never being a BM fan. But the love that you gave, almost like protecting of JG made me sick.

Pulaski-
You know a thread post this long will only be read by me and a few others:). As for HB, I just hope he is ready and/or has a tough backside (from head top to foot bottom). I fear he is going to need it this weekend. (if he is indeed the starting QB) As for your mention of the "Manning" situation, I think he will go to Duke or where ever Cut is. OR,,, and that is a big "or", it is my belief he will go to Ole Miss if Kif can stay clean. (this is the "big or)..
We'll see but I don't think there is any chance that Duke gets the top QB in the country. Kiffin maybe but I really don't know how the Manning family feels about Kiffin. If he shows a trace of cheating in Oxford I think that would rule them out.

Reactions: savannahfan
Don’t know the reasons Pruitt continued to start JG. Stupidity is my best guess. I’m assuming your post about Pruitt being blackmailed or paid is a joke. I hope so for your credibility.
It should be blue font. I'm just a pretty common sense kind of guy and him putting that guy at qb defies all common sense. So I try to imagine their must be some type of outside force at play.

But I agree with you ... stupidity.

So when did you remove your head out of JG's a%% and finally figure out what we have all been saying. And i have been on record as never being a BM fan. But the love that you gave, almost like protecting of JG made me sick.
It was protecting him against pure hyperbole that our NegaVol fans love to spew from their mouths while sitting in the comfort of anonymity.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
JG will transfer to Rutgers and Schiano will develop him into a first rate QB who will close out his career with a 600 yard effort in a bowl win over the VOLS. Because that is just what happens when you are a Tennessee VOLS fan 😳

Never said JG was great,
Yeah... not in so many word perhaps... but you did.
always said his stats put him top half of the conference,
And repeatedly many of us showed you how you were using those "stats" out of the context of his effectiveness as a QB. You refused to see it... and apparently still do. He's been pushed to do more this year which is why his "stats" are now very clearly bottom of the SEC. His statistical "success" was in large part a product of OC's scheming around his deficieincies.

his experience was why he was given the job
That's probably true... but it makes a VERY poor justification for letting him keep the job.

and that BM and Shrout were never going to be the guy at UT because of their level of experience and because HB was committed here.
Your obvious and genuine hatred for Maurer aside... so you are saying that when Pruitt signed them he lied to them. He told them (especially Maurer whose Elite 11 performance gave him good options) they would be able to compete and win the job but according to you... they were dupes in a strategy to get from the "great" JG to Bailey?

The NegaVols pushed the narrative that I loved JG and they were wrong.
Everyone saw what you did and what you posted. Now that you have egg on your face... you want to blame it on those who disagreed with you.

I tried to take up for an all Vol VFL player that JG has shown himself to be all while having to put up with the childish hyperbole ways of our NegaVol fanbase.
No. You made a career of excusing ineffective QB play and labeled anyone who recognized it as a "Negavol". There is nothing more "negative" than excusing a player that so greatly contributed to the losses we've seen.

Now just how far off was I? You played college football I'm surprised that you didn't think it would play out this exact same way.
You were off around 100%... give or take a fraction of a percent. Now you are trying to re-frame things so you don't have to admit you were wrong.

Does Jarrett Guarantano give the team the best chance to win?
“Absolutely. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t play him. I mean, guys, he didn’t miss two field goals. He didn’t blow a coverage. There’s lots of things. Did he make a mistake? He made a mistake. Absolutely. I made mistakes in the game. Ok? So the bottom line is, guys, we all have to execute a little bit better to be productive, so we can score more points on Saturday than the other team does.”
You're not even smart enough to realize that what he said there was exactly right. You take the simple thought and go with it when all he was simply saying is that at that time during that game JG was not the only one to make mistakes and that the combination of those mistakes cost us that game not just the QB. You're a fake fan anyway as I've never seen you post 1 positive thought about our Vols since I've been here. You're definitely on the board of directors of the most miserable faction of fans in the country, the NegaVols.

So why would Pruitt be recruiting QBs he never intends on starting or thinks won't ever be good enough to start?
Happens at every program every year. Coaches try to get 2 good ones spread out over time and are always looking for their next starter down the road. The rest are just for development in case of emergency.

Your predictions have bitten you in the ass for those two years and this could be the next in line. I hope HB gets the start but don’t be surprised if he’s unable to out preform BM in his first start against a weaker defense.

Bottom line is Pruitt May have already blown an opportunity and at this point who can say they would expect him to make a better call at the qb position?
Your boy is leaving just like I told you 2 seasons ago before he ever got his chance, one he blew. Whoever told him to go to Knoxville when they knew we were likely getting Bailey was an idiot as that was a classic example of getting recruited over.

Pulaski-
You know a thread post this long will only be read by me and a few others:). As for HB, I just hope he is ready and/or has a tough backside (from head top to foot bottom). I fear he is going to need it this weekend. (if he is indeed the starting QB) As for your mention of the "Manning" situation, I think he will go to Duke or where ever Cut is. OR,,, and that is a big "or", it is my belief he will go to Ole Miss if Kif can stay clean. (this is the "big or)..
I think he surprises everyone and picks LSU.

Happens at every program every year. Coaches try to get 2 good ones spread out over time and are always looking for their next starter down the road. The rest are just for development in case of emergency.
In the case of JTS, given the limited time they had when taking over, you’re right. But you’re a complete fool if you believe what you just said. By your logic they wouldn’t be going after Salter OR Manning because of Bailey.

You're not even smart enough to realize that what he said there was exactly right. You take the simple thought and go with it when all he was simply saying is that at that time during that game JG was not the only one to make mistakes and that the combination of those mistakes cost us that game not just the QB. You're a fake fan anyway as I've never seen you post 1 positive thought about our Vols since I've been here. You're definitely on the board of directors of the most miserable faction of fans in the country, the NegaVols.
And you aren't "smart enough" to realize that he was exactly WRONG. JG gave them virtually no chance of "success". That being the case... the decision that gave the Vols the best chance for wins was to start and develop someone else. You probably still lose those games... but you are investing in future wins.

You give Pruitt credit for a 4 year scheme to enthrone Bailey... and then call an obvious short-sighted mistaken strategy "smart"?

If the future was focused on Bailey then he should have gotten every snap that JG did not get and ESPECIALLY because of Covid. He should have been getting a significantly higher share of JG's reps. If your ridiculous claim had any merit at all... Pruitt's behavior and practice methods concerning Bailey would have been completely different.

You are just trying to avoid admitting how wrong you were about JG. It would be a better look for you if you'd just man up. Some of us here have admitted we were wrong... it won't hurt. I promise.

IOW's you are STILL too proud to admit how badly wrong you were about JG's lack of ability... but want to move on without doing so.

JG was a "money pit". He was a wasted investment even if Maurer or Shrout were eventually passed by Bailey or Salter.

If the plan was to accept losing while sticking with JG at all costs until Bailey was ready.... then Pruitt should be fired today... not tomorrow. That was a HORRIBLE strategy that cost UT wins and in recruiting.
Nothing cost UT wins this season. Have you not watched the horrible play by our safeties this year, the inconsistent play of our line, the lack of physicality it takes to win in this league, the fact that we can't kick a FG or stop anyone in the redzone or play a complete game? QB play has stunk but it's evident I think that it really would not have mattered much this year.

Only an abject idiot would have believed that JG was the "good one" that could bridge to the next "good one". That alone would be a reason to fire Pruitt.

OTOH... you believed that JG was that "good".

Your boy is leaving just like I told you 2 seasons ago before he ever got his chance, one he blew. Whoever told him to go to Knoxville when they knew we were likely getting Bailey was an idiot as that was a classic example of getting recruited over.
Lol. You are clearly out of touch with reality.

I don’t even know if he IS leaving so how do you? However, if he does I can assure you it’s not because of Bailey. It’ll be because of Pruitt and NOTHING else.

I think he surprises everyone and picks LSU.
Why would national champion LSU take a flyer on a failed project at UT? It would be career suicide for BM to go there only to find himself in the same situation as he was here. There is more to being a starting QB in the SEC than just how you do on the field, BM doesn't have the maturity to hold down one of those jobs, he'll drop a level if he can, I'm thinking more like Western Ky to be with Helton who supposedly likes him.

Why would national champion LSU take a flyer on a failed project at UT? It would be career suicide for BM to go there only to find himself in the same situation as he was here. There is more to being a starting QB in the SEC than just how you do on the field, BM doesn't have the maturity to hold down one of those jobs, he'll drop a level if he can, I'm thinking more like Western Ky to be with Helton who supposedly likes him.
I was talking about Arch Manning.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Lol, you're trying to insult my intelligence, while being intentionally obtuse to the fact that Pruitt just did his usual dance around the question, without answering why, given his on-field performances, he believes JG gives us the best chance at success?

Not surprising from a guy who spends his days fleecing the parents of DIII-bound athletes out of their money for a GeoCities webpage.

Lol. You are clearly out of touch with reality.

I don’t even know if he IS leaving so how do you? However, if he does I can assure you it’s not because of Bailey. It’ll be because of Pruitt and NOTHING else.
Lol, whatever Mr QB guru. BM will transfer to a smaller pond where he can try and be the big fish. As for the SEC lake he's currently swimming in he simply has no future, unless HB goes down to injury as he'd be all that was left. Hurts I guess but that's life in the SEC.

VN Store

Back