No respect from SI

Are you familiar with Pat Forde? Do you know how much he despises TN—especially our fans? Wish I’d known he had written that piece before giving it a click.
This came up on another thread and I saw the byline and didn’t even need to click.

It’s basically journalistic malpractice. But that assumes he’s a journalist. Never mind…..

Pat's making a living...gotta put words on paper (computer whatever). Having been married to a journalist for 47 years... she would tell you there's times when she was just arranging words to meet a deadline. Most of her career was as a humor columnist so arranging words to be funny...week in week out...can get very difficult (I personally think she was on Dave Barry's level). Pat just seems to "arrange the words" divisively towards the Vols too often. I must admit...he's at the top of list I simply avoid. But that's just me.

Pat Forde, Pete Thamel, Dennis Dodd, Gary Parrish, there are many. Every one of them will trash UT, its sports programs, and its fans at the drop of a hate for attention.

They should never get to step foot in any Tennessee facility. Not that any of them would ever care to. No talent hacks.

As Volunteer fan, if you ever do see 'em, you are authorized to let 'em hear it.

Last edited:
Pat Forde is a professional troll, don’t bother. Based on everything I’ve ever seen him write he either lives on the negative attention, in which case you should’ve give it to him, or he’s just incandescently idiotic, in which case there’s no worth reading his articles

It's Pat Forde he's an absolute hack, and still hates UT fans over SchiaNO Sunday. Basilio had him on, and ripped him.
The great Coach Schiano with his 80-89 (34-68) record at Rutgers. Rutgers is 12-22 (6-20) in the Big 10 and was only 68-67 (28-48) in the mighty Big East. Since joining a real conference, Schiano's teams are 3-6 (3-6), 5-8 (2-7), and 4-8 (1-8). We were fortunate to have that deal fall through.

2022 (www.sports-reference.com)
Team offense ranking: UT - 1; Rutgers - 124
Team defense: UT - 37; Rutgers - 95

Last edited:
The great Coach Schiano with his 80-89 (34-68) record at Rutgers. Rutgers is 12-22 (6-20) in the Big 10 and was only 68-67 (28-48) in the mighty Big East. Since joining a real conference, Schiano's teams are 3-6 (3-6), 5-8 (2-7), and 4-8 (1-8). We were fortunate to have that deal fall through.

2022 (www.sports-reference.com)
Team offense ranking: UT - 1; Rutgers - 124
Team defense: UT - 37; Rutgers - 95

True but ...

"It actually takes 7 years to rebuild a program" - L. Jones

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...ions-sweet-16-ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament

East Region (New York)
(4) Tennessee vs. (9) FAU: The Owls may be a fresh face at this stage of the tournament, but knocking them out won't be easy. The Vols must be physical and play their best defense to advance past FAU. Katz likes Tennessee in this matchup.

(3) Kansas State vs. (7) Michigan State: This is the definition of a toss-up. What's certain is that both teams have powerful stories behind them. The matchup pits the upstart Wildcats under a first-year head coach against the team playing for a school and fanbase that has gone through unthinkable tragedy after a mass shooting last month .

VN Store

Back