No respect from SI

I care as much about talking heads re-rankings as I did their brackets to begin with. None of them matter one bit.

Someone gets it! šŸ˜ƒ These guys have zero accountability for these rankings. If it all goes 100% opposite they know everyone will forget and be caught up in FF mania anyway. They make a living with this drivel because there is a huge vacuum caused by 16 fanbases who are begging for anything news/info headed into the weekend. I mean, did you see the FAU/TN story where the journo desperately tried to link TN-Kiffin hatred-FAU into a basketball story. šŸ™„ TN and FaU fans probably slurped that drivel up out of pure excitement.

I for one am very concerned @ little dead last mid major 32-3 FAU and our ability to match their foot speed and game pace and ability to get hot from behind the arc for this game. Then KSU #13 is my least desired matchup if we advance.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think the Vols play better as underdogs and not expected to win. Hope this motivates them to sink 3's all night long

It would be great if they are motivated to do everything (inside, outside, defense, etc.) all night long and the rest of the tournament.

It's amazing to me these half-witted national sportswriters get paid for worthless nonsense like power-ranking the sweet sixteen teams. A fool's errand.

Anything they write has no effect on the outcome of the game. Tennessee controls the outcome. They have a perfect opportunity to shut people up by winning the game.

That impressive Bama program seems to be in the right place at the right time. They just have a host of young and fearless gunslingers who aren't afraid to shoot from anywhere at any time. What's so scary is how they can hit the target from all over. Brandon Miller, the npoy, has been delivering the hardware for his teammates all year long. Eyewitnesses speak of his uncanny ability to set screens against opponents that some call "solid enough to stop an SUV". It's just been a killer season for the young and talented Crimson Tide and their upstanding young coach.

Last edited:
That impressive Bama program seems to be in the right place at the right time. They just have a host of young and fearless gunslingers who aren't afraid to shoot from anywhere at any time. Most importantly is how they can hit the target from all over. Brandon Miller, the npoy, has been delivering the hardware for his teammates all year long. Eyewitnesses speak of his uncanny ability to set screens against opponents that some call "solid enough to stop an SUV". It's just been a killer season for the young and talented Crimson Tide and their upstanding young coach.
Ha...right place at the right time.

That impressive Bama program seems to be in the right place at the right time. They just have a host of young and fearless gunslingers who aren't afraid to shoot from anywhere at any time. What's so scary is how they can hit the target from all over. Brandon Miller, the npoy, has been delivering the hardware for his teammates all year long. Eyewitnesses speak of his uncanny ability to set screens against opponents that some call "solid enough to stop an SUV". It's just been a killer season for the young and talented Crimson Tide and their upstanding young coach.

BM is a special player but offcourt he has šŸ’©4 šŸ§ 

How does it make any sense to rank us 15th, two spots behind FAU? And also behind multiple other teams we gave beaten. In fact I think we are 4-0 against the field

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise! Here is Pat Forde's Bracket. He had Tennessee losing in the 1st round to Louisiana and had Duke going to the Final Four!

Attachments

• forde-mens-expert-bracket-2023-march-madness.jpg
    forde-mens-expert-bracket-2023-march-madness.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 12
Pat Forde actually tweeted early in the Vols-Duke game that ā€œPlavsic is a hack, and thatā€™s been quickly exposed here.ā€

It's amazing to me these half-witted national sportswriters get paid for worthless nonsense like power-ranking the sweet sixteen teams. A fool's errand.
The whole term ā€œpower rankingā€ drives me crazy. When it first came up many years ago, there was at least some kind of ā€œmathematical formulaā€ involved (something analogous to KenPom, if you will). Now there are ā€power rankingsā€ for everything. Call it what it REALLY isā€¦.ā€this idiotā€˜s opinionā€. How much ā€œpowerā€ is in that?

Tennessee is the Rodney Dangerfield of the Sweet 16 rounds.
Iā€™ve looked a dozens of these. This one is an outlier (Pat Forde hates anything to do with TN). So is Outkickā€™s who has us at #3 (Outkick was founded by Clay Travis who is a huge TN fan). Most have us in the 6-8 range and most have us ahead of all of the teams left in our region (a couple have MSU or KSU slightly ahead of us). That seems more reasonable based on our ā€œbody of workā€ and missing ZZ. I personally think we make the Final 4 for the first time and go down in the semis (may change my mind depending on the matchup). I would be very happy with that but would LOVE to shut all these a-holes up with a Natty!

VN Store

Back