JEWEL BACK

Having Jewel on board helps!!! right now, it seems like zero attrition is possible. Jewel seemed like the only player who might move on. Everyone has seemed completely all in for CKC.
She’s has a shot at the WNBA, so I’m sure she wanted to make sure she could thrive in the new system. I think that’s a good sign she chose to come back, that tells me she won’t be taking her out every 2 mins, but that’s just what I think and not a fact.

Having Jewel on board helps!!! right now, it seems like zero attrition is possible. Jewel seemed like the only player who might move on. Everyone has seemed completely all in for CKC.
Could still be some lower level movement depending on who the portal brings in, but I doubt it. A very good accomplishment for CKC.

This is from Cora's story about Jewel staying. Didn't realize that Jewel, like Rickea, will be playing for her 4th different head coach. There is simply no stability any more.
Spear spent the first three seasons of her collegiate career at Wake Forest, where she led the ACC in scoring as a sophomore. This is the second time in Spear's career she has gone through a coaching change at her school. She was originally recruited and signed by Jen Hoover at Wake Forest, but she was fired in May 2022. Spear played one season for current Wake Forest coach Megan Gebbia before transferring to Tennessee.

She’s has a shot at the WNBA, so I’m sure she wanted to make sure she could thrive in the new system. I think that’s a good sign she chose to come back, that tells me she won’t be taking her out every 2 mins, but that’s just what I think and not a fact.
CKC seems like she knows what is going on. She will adapt her coaching style to do what is necessary to win. He sub pattern will probably look like Kellie's toward the end of the season where the stars RI and Jewel got the majority of minutes and then everyone else was subbed based on how they were playing and how the game was going.

It’s so weird with people saying they knew. How? If there wasn’t uncertainty around her staying, she wouldn’t have had to make this post. 🥴

Because she stated more than once she was coming back, never took down her posts, was a leader for the team during the transitions. She also continued to share a lot of LV content on her Twitter including posts about Coach Caldwell.

Those aren’t just things you do if you’re gonna jump in the portal

It’s so weird with people saying they knew. How? If there wasn’t uncertainty around her staying, she wouldn’t have had to make this post. 🥴
I have a head canon that she was going to leave until Kaiya shared her legos with Jewel, and then Jewel knew after this profound display of friendship that she had to finish out here.

And Tennessee has had four in a row drafted in the WNBA - that probably played into this. Players who want to play there definitely pay attention to which school has players being drafted.

VN Store

Back