JEWEL BACK

Guess Caldwell can recruit. Seems similar to the Horston stories of old.
Yes it's quite encouraging that she's been able to re-recruit the whole team so far. And it is similar to Kellie with Jordan. Now we'll see what happens with portal players.

Surely you can understand why recruiting was a question with a coach who's never done it on this level? She said herself she'd have to learn it as she goes. Question legit and so far she's answering it positively. Good all the way around.

Yes it's quite encouraging that she's been able to re-recruit the whole team so far. And it is similar to Kellie with Jordan. Now we'll see what happens with portal players.

Surely you can understand why recruiting was a question with a coach who's never done it on this level? She said herself she'd have to learn it as she goes. Question legit and so far she's answering it positively. Good all the way around.
So again, proving it’s been a solid hire so far.

1713315856443.jpeg

So again, proving it’s been a solid hire so far.
Mostly, so far. I am a little concerned about the slow start to the portal. I believe she could have, should have worked on that first thing. Remember, nothing is an excuse, not even being new and overwhelmed. Maybe she has been, we'll see if visits start happening next week.

I'm very encouraged about the assistants, esp the SEC ones. That's a big barrier broken down to me. Now if she can do that with recruits we're in business.

And then there's that whole thing about coaching games on this level. But one thing at a time. Left foot, right foot, breathe

Mostly, so far. I am a little concerned about the slow start to the portal. I believe she could have, should have worked on that first thing. Remember, nothing is an excuse, not even being new and overwhelmed. Maybe she has been, we'll see if visits start happening next week.

I'm very encouraged about the assistants, esp the SEC ones. That's a big barrier broken down to me. Now if she can do that with recruits we're in business.

And then there's that whole thing about coaching games on this level. But one thing at a time. Left foot, right foot, breathe
You’re assuming she hasn’t worked the portal.

You’re assuming she hasn’t worked the portal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
this is absolutely huge for jewel AND coach caldwell. for jewel, the wnba plays fast nonstop. this system will allow her to get ready for the next level and she will be the star player on the team shooting a ton of threes and working on her transition game. for UT, i am certain other recruits are waiting to see who their teammates will be at UT. this answers a huge question for many folks.

These players are fully locked in with their teammates and the new coaches already. I do not see any player getting in the portal unless there becomes a mutual agreement that it’s best for both sides.
I have not ever seen a program put together an elite coaching staff in two weeks and recruit the entire roster to remain intact during the process. With 2.3 million in NIL money and the buzz around this program over the next two weeks UT will dominate the portal.

sorry i missed the NIL info. are we sure the LVs have that much money ready for the portal? that's very impressive.

These players are fully locked in with their teammates and the new coaches already. I do not see any player getting in the portal unless there becomes a mutual agreement that it’s best for both sides.
I have not ever seen a program put together an elite coaching staff in two weeks and recruit the entire roster to remain intact during the process. With 2.3 million in NIL money and the buzz around this program over the next two weeks UT will dominate the portal.
Could it be possible that some of that $2.3 million in NIL money likely is what's keeping some of the players from transferring out. Are they really happy about the new coach and staff or were they promised during the meeting with Danny (following him letting Kellie go) that if they get on board with what he wants to do, they'll be heavily compensated?

I just find It very ironic that all this money and support is all of a sudden available to a coach who hasn't done anything at this level. The moves currently made, although impressive on the surface won't mean a damn thing if she fails to make the NCAA tournament next season. I don't want to hear any excuses either. The same standards that Holly and Kellie were held too, she should be held to the same, and missing the NCAA tournament is non-negotiable.

We shall see if she is successful and I wish her the best as our new head coach.

i think caldwell has the fortune of good timing when UT now realizes the lady vol name ain't gonna cut it. we need the name and money to compete. keeping in mind, this is still a new world for college sports. some colleges jumped out early and others are catching up. we are catching up. i like. it's about time.

Could it be possible that some of that $2.3 million in NIL money likely is what's keeping some of the players from transferring out. Are they really happy about the new coach and staff or were they promised during the meeting with Danny (following him letting Kellie go) that if they get on board with what he wants to do, they'll be heavily compensated?

I just find It very ironic that all this money and support is all of a sudden available to a coach who hasn't done anything at this level. The moves currently made, although impressive on the surface won't mean a damn thing if she fails to make the NCAA tournament next season. I don't want to hear any excuses either. The same standards that Holly and Kellie were held too, she should be held to the same, and missing the NCAA tournament is non-negotiable.

We shall see if she is successful and I wish her the best as our new head coach.
I doubt that, only Spear is really worth paying to stay, they would probably use that money on better players.

Reactions: Deebowbear
i think caldwell has the fortune of good timing when UT now realizes the lady vol name ain't gonna cut it. we need the name and money to compete. keeping in mind, this is still a new world for college sports. some colleges jumped out early and others are catching up. we are catching up. i like. it's about time.
I agree, and maybe if the well beloved AD would've made the sport with 8 championships a priority after football when he was hired, we may not be looking at a rebuild. People have been saying the lady vol name isn't going to just cut it for years and yet it was ignored. We've lost out on several players that might have made a difference if the same level of support was there.

It's a new day though. Let's go Coach Caldwell!

Reactions: Orange007
I agree, and maybe if the well beloved AD would've made the sport with 8 championships a priority after football when he was hired, we may not be looking at a rebuild. People have been saying the lady vol name isn't going to just cut it for years and yet it was ignored. We've lost out on several players that might have made a difference if the same level of support was there.

It's a new day though. Let's go Coach Caldwell!
whenever i feel down, i just think "remember when dave hart was the AD" then i feel better about everything past, present, and future. lol

I doubt that, only Spear is really worth paying to stay, they would probably use that money on better players.
And you may be right, still doesn't mean they aren't being compensated to make it seem like it was the previous coach with the problem and not the inconsistency and failure to show up in big games by some of the players.

Again we shall see. Wishing her all the best and hoping that this stage isn't too big for her.

VN Store

Back