JEWEL BACK

And you may be right, still doesn't mean they aren't being compensated to make it seem like it was the previous coach with the problem and not the inconsistency and failure to show up in big games by some of the players.

Again we shall see. Wishing her all the best and hoping that this stage isn't too big for her.
why would anyone care about making it look like the previous coach was the problem?

Reactions: Orange. and Lucy
To justify the firing of a coach with a better winning percentage than half of the coaches still employed in the conference.
I love Kellie and Holly…. Both mean so much to our university. Holly built a great foundation for the program but wasn’t a very good coach…. Kellie was a decent(not elite) coach but struggled building the foundation of the program.. She had the same issues at NC State… zo don’t think she should have been hired and that it was time to let her go. DW doesn’t care what anyone thinks… He is trying to build the best athletic department in the country.

I love Kellie and Holly…. Both mean so much to our university. Holly built a great foundation for the program but wasn’t a very good coach…. Kellie was a decent(not elite) coach but struggled building the foundation of the program.. She had the same issues at NC State… zo don’t think she should have been hired and that it was time to let her go. DW doesn’t care what anyone thinks… He is trying to build the best athletic department in the country.
Understandable

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Not exactly the correct thread but lord we have so many to choose from!!
I think CKC’s promise that this would be the hardest working team in basketball was an absolute plus for the type of players we want.
Virtually all of our players looked better after last summer so they are not afraid of work. Jewel wants to be in the W. What better way to impress teams than to show off her skills in a high energy offense and smothering defense?

She’s has a shot at the WNBA, so I’m sure she wanted to make sure she could thrive in the new system. I think that’s a good sign she chose to come back, that tells me she won’t be taking her out every 2 mins, but that’s just what I think and not a fact.
If you have watched any of Coach Caldwell's games, they play defense for 64 feet. The players will need as much rest as possible to keep the intensity for the full game.

So how long are we giving Coach Caldwell to finish in the Top 3 of the SEC? Just want to see what her expectations/standards are?
We gave KJH 5 years. You don't think that was enough? Especially considering some of the glaring issues? Remind me again, how much did they lost to Ohio State by AT TBA? IMO that defensive lapse at the end of the SC game in the SEC Tournament was a fireable offense by itself.

Reactions: Dansky
We gave KJH 5 years. You don't think that was enough? Especially considering some of the glaring issues? Remind me again, how much did they lost to Ohio State by AT TBA? IMO that defensive lapse at the end of the SC game in the SEC Tournament was a fireable offense by itself.
Nope, especially when it has now been put out there that donors refused to support her program and give her what she could've possibly needed to be successful.

Who knows what this team would've looked like this past season when NIL rolled out and we loss battle's to Kim for Velez and ADR, and Vic for Booker. We also loss on a few from the 2024 class as well because of it. Folks don't want to believe it or thinks that she isn't sealing the deal, yet fail to acknowledge that Nyla and Finley were locks and likely both Top 10 recruits for her.

I'm looking forward to us landing kids in the 70's and 80's and people are excited about it because its a high school commit but was complaining about Kellie because every player she went after had to be Top 10 or else.

Outside of all that you've stated, Kellie's biggest downfall imo, was not being allowed to do her and have a fresh start. From the moment she was hired, she was instantly made to be Pat reincarnated and that wasn't fair to her. She never got the luxury of what Coach Caldwell and coaches following her will and that is to not be in Pat's shadow and to be able to establish their own style of Lady Vols basketball.

That's what we need to allow Coach Caldwell to do.

Nope, especially when it has now been put out there that donors refused to support her program and give her what she could've possibly needed to be successful.

Who knows what this team would've looked like this past season when NIL rolled out and we loss battle's to Kim for Velez and ADR, and Vic for Booker. We also loss on a few from the 2024 class as well because of it. Folks don't want to believe it or thinks that she isn't sealing the deal, yet fail to acknowledge that Nyla and Finley were locks and likely both Top 10 recruits for her.

I'm looking forward to us landing kids in the 70's and 80's and people are excited about it because its a high school commit but was complaining about Kellie because every player she went after had to be Top 10 or else.

Outside of all that you've stated, Kellie's biggest downfall imo, was not being allowed to do her and have a fresh start. From the moment she was hired, she was instantly made to be Pat reincarnated and that wasn't fair to her. She never got the luxury of what Coach Caldwell and coaches following her will and that is to not be in Pat's shadow and to be able to establish their own style of Lady Vols basketball.

That's what we need to allow Coach Caldwell to do.
I am pleased that AD White saw the need to break the curse of having to worship the Program which PT created over 40 years ago. I believe Kim will get our Lady VOLs basketball program will exhibit the modern approach which be successful in today‘s game. Agressive on both offense and defense as well as keeping fresh players on the court. I also expect that she will recruit skilled players whose goals and attitude will enable our future teams to compete for SEC and National awards and titles. It has been pretty clear we have notbeen in that position for about ten years or more.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am pleased that AD White saw the need to break the curse of having to worship the Program which PT created over 40 years ago. I believe Kim will get our Lady VOLs basketball program will exhibit the modern approach which be successful in today‘s game. Agressive on both offense and defense as well as keeping fresh players on the court. I also expect that she will recruit skilled players whose goals and attitude will enable our future teams to compete for SEC and National awards and titles. It has been pretty clear we have notbeen in that position for about ten years or more.
Notice: No live yard birds were harmed casting the spell to break this curse.

Could it be possible that some of that $2.3 million in NIL money likely is what's keeping some of the players from transferring out. Are they really happy about the new coach and staff or were they promised during the meeting with Danny (following him letting Kellie go) that if they get on board with what he wants to do, they'll be heavily compensated?

I just find It very ironic that all this money and support is all of a sudden available to a coach who hasn't done anything at this level. The moves currently made, although impressive on the surface won't mean a damn thing if she fails to make the NCAA tournament next season. I don't want to hear any excuses either. The same standards that Holly and Kellie were held too, she should be held to the same, and missing the NCAA tournament is non-negotiable.

We shall see if she is successful and I wish her the best as our new head coach.
That's about as negative and begruding a take as one could imagine upon re-recruiting and retaining Jewel. And frankly no one with sense cares what you "want to hear." Tacking on a word about your best wishes doesn't fool anyone.

And all this such-and-such was "put out there" talk is just gossip aimed at undermining our players, coach, and staff.

Donors, not the university, generate NIL. If many are excited and jumping on board that is a good thing, not a bad thing or a fitting opportunity to carp and whine. And where you get your number is puzzling. The collective doesn't reveal how they spend money: that would be dumb and a huge competitive disadvantage. Maybe if you joined, you would know that.

Let's learn how to enjoy success.

Last edited:
Could it be possible that some of that $2.3 million in NIL money likely is what's keeping some of the players from transferring out. Are they really happy about the new coach and staff or were they promised during the meeting with Danny (following him letting Kellie go) that if they get on board with what he wants to do, they'll be heavily compensated?

I just find It very ironic that all this money and support is all of a sudden available to a coach who hasn't done anything at this level. The moves currently made, although impressive on the surface won't mean a damn thing if she fails to make the NCAA tournament next season. I don't want to hear any excuses either. The same standards that Holly and Kellie were held too, she should be held to the same, and missing the NCAA tournament is non-negotiable.

We shall see if she is successful and I wish her the best as our new head coach.

@madtownvol @glv98

See

This is why lol. This kind of garbage I will slap back at.

@madtownvol @glv98

See

This is why lol. This kind of garbage I will slap back at.
By once more eviscerating Kellie and Jon in every imaginable way? Theyre mentioned twice in this post but it really isn't about them at all. But your "slap back" most assuredly would have been about them.

This is not a zero sum game, and everything is not a nanny nanny boo boo tit for tat between the old and new coaches. You're locked into a reflexive stance of automatically dissing everything remotely related to the former, as if anything positive about them threatens the new.

I don't think the new needs that kind of overkill defense, and actually IMO it comes off infantilizing and condescending toward her. She seems smart, capable, and forthcoming. She doesn't need cyber white knights riding to her rescue. You sure you're all good with the hire? Maybe thou doth protest a bit much?

Reactions: madtownvol
By once more eviscerating Kellie and Jon in every imaginable way? Theyre mentioned twice in this post but it really isn't about them at all. But your "slap back" most assuredly would have been about them.

This is not a zero sum game, and everything is not a nanny nanny boo boo tit for tat between the old and new coaches. You're locked into a reflexive stance of automatically dissing everything remotely related to the former, as if anything positive about them threatens the new.

I don't think the new needs that kind of overkill defense, and actually IMO it comes off infantilizing and condescending toward her. She seems smart, capable, and forthcoming. She doesn't need cyber white knights riding to her rescue. You sure you're all good with the hire? Maybe thou doth protest a bit much?

This is an internet message board. Half the point is to argue with people 😂😂😂😅

Thru frankly disturbing grave dancing, whether based in truth and warrented or not. You do you though.

Womens basketball fans are so sensitive. Football fans are PUMPED when the coach is fired and we get a new one lol.

I’m so glad Kim is not a former Lady Vol. Removed so much of the tiptoeing people seem think you have to do around them.

Womens basketball fans are so sensitive. Football fans are PUMPED when the coach is fired and we get a new one lol.

I’m so glad Kim is not a former Lady Vol. Removed so much of the tiptoeing people seem think you have to do around them.
In men’s sports you can point out a players short comings but I notice certain people don’t like when you do it to female athletes, they get all the sa,e treatment from me.

VN Store

Back