Helmet Comms and 2 Minute Warning coming to college football

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
We can’t be faster really. The refs can’t keep up already It actually might hurt a little because the defense will Get their info faster
You're probably right. Refs already throw flags to slow us down because they don't want to run. But at least it will be easier to communicate and we can finally be rid of this crap

1000007767.png

You're probably right. Refs already throw flags to slow us down because they don't want to run. But at least it will be easier to communicate and we can finally be rid of this crap

View attachment 635503
I think only one player, pretty much the QB, will have the special helmet. The way our offense works the other players will need to keep checking the sideline, right? I may be wrong.

During the spring game they said we will still call in plays via the 3 assistants, but Heup will be able to communicate with Nico in his helmet. I would think our defense would use the in helmet to prevent another team like South Carolina from stealing our signals.

I think only one player, pretty much the QB, will have the special helmet. The way our offense works the other players will need to keep checking the sideline, right? I may be wrong.
I guess probably so since our offense doesn't huddle, it will be impossible for The QB to relay the play call.

Connor Stalions just listening to some Taylor Swift,,,don't mind him...

OIP.sAi4jHVYZ2Wi2ObENxklIgAAAA

That is what I believe the rule is. That is what they have in the NFL.

The two minute warning is the best stoppage of play in all of sports.

It arrives predictably, so watching at home you can grab another beer or top off before the final action.

They finally made a home-run rules change.
I disagree. There is too much stoppage of play now. Timeouts are just the tip of the play stoppage. The injury BS, challenge and general replay viewing time all the lost time for more TV commercials and on and on. No, enough time lost to all things not part of play.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
I get the helmet communication, but the 2 minute warning change is a little odd. Not real sure what has changed to make that seem like a better idea now vs 5/10/20 years ago.

The networks will now be able to cram 2 or 3 more commercials in each half of each game. I’m shocked it took them this long to incorporate more advertising revenue.

I get the helmet communication, but the 2 minute warning change is a little odd. Not real sure what has changed to make that seem like a better idea now vs 5/10/20 years ago.
Let's then have a more consistent spot for that last TV time out.

someone will hack the signal, or inadvertenly pick up Radio Cuba during night games.

someone will hack the signal, or inadvertenly pick up Radio Cuba during night games.
Love your phrasing, man (or woman). Every time a mousetrap or tactic is employed, someone comes up with a way to get around, through, under, or over it. I'm betting the first efforts will be signal jamming. I'd pay off a cameraman to substitute a fake camera or accessory for a signal interceptor and scrambler. But first attend opponent games to still the radio frequency they use with such a device.

I combat this, instead of using verbal communication, I'd secretly modify the helmet facemasks to receive and display on their interior (heh heh heh) , Encounters of the Third Kind light signals. Visible only to the player with the communication helmet. Signal thieves would go crazy at the persistent silence, and assume we only use the helmets for cosmetic effects.
1713639403116.gif

Reactions: OrangeTsar

VN Store

Back