Helmet Comms and 2 Minute Warning coming to college football

Hard to believe it’s taken this long for both rules to make it to college…

I will be happy when we have about 45 minutes of less commercials

I wish they do something about kickoffs and punts. It's really boring to watch balls kicked into the end zone and seldom any runbacks on punts. Just do away with them or activate them. All they are now are commercial magnets. We must watch 3 minutes of commercials on every punt and kick off and are rewarded with a touchback or fair catch.

I wished they'd do something about biased officiating. It's so bad, I'd fire them on the spot, and bring in some from off the street to do the job.

ironic they previously wanted to get rid of clock stoppages to reduce game times but then implement the 2 min warning
Last year there were a few odd timing issues with the new rules being implemented after 2 minutes. With a clear stoppage of play between the rule changes, those will get cleared up. As an example one game I was watching, the player ran out of bounds with 2:01 on the clock. The coach thought the clock was going to stop, it did not, and 20 seconds ran off before they new what was happening.

The one rule change from last year no one is talking that hurt us the most: when a player runs out of bounds on their sideline and immediately comes back in the field if play, the defense gets to slow down and substitute. This rile is crap, and was clearly aimed at fast paced offenses like ours.

I feel like its going to be worse this year.
It will because they aren't holding refs accountable. As with any profession, where there is no accountability, there is not just bending rules, but blatant discard of rules. Had I my way, offending refs would get their call reviewed, then fired on the spot, right there on the field. Have 2–3 backups ready to go at all times so the game proceeds.

Welcome to the College Football Game Show...With tonight's Hosts ...Pat Sajak and Vanna White !!!!
Show us what we have for rules tonight Vanna !!!

:rolleyes:

It will because they aren't holding refs accountable. As with any profession, where there is no accountability, there is not just bending rules, but blatant discard of rules. Had I my way, offending refs would get their call reviewed, then fired on the spot, right there on the field. Have 2–3 backups ready to go at all times so the game proceeds.
Idk about fired. But i feel like they need to answer to the Media just like coaches and players do.

Idk about fired. But i feel like they need to answer to the Media just like coaches and players do.
Yak yak without action doesn't change things. Plus, I honestly believe some of these guys are in someone's pocket. Get it right, or get job lost will change things fast.

Next year the NCAA will change the acronym from FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) to NCFL (National Collegiate Football League).

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back