Helmet Comms and 2 Minute Warning coming to college football

I get the helmet communication, but the 2 minute warning change is a little odd. Not real sure what has changed to make that seem like a better idea now vs 5/10/20 years ago.
2 more guaranteed commercial breaks?? IMHO they have made the games go TOO fast and greed has struck again to bring them back to their senses..Just a theory.....

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
2 more guaranteed commercial breaks?? IMHO they have made the games go TOO fast and greed has struck again to bring them back to their senses..Just a theory.....
The number of commercial breaks have stayed the same though all the clock changes. I guess this just makes one of the breaks easier to predict if nothing else.

This is actually huge news for us. Heup + Nico on the comm will put our O in hyperdrive.

Start laying down bets on the over.

The two minute warning is the best stoppage of play in all of sports.

It arrives predictably, so watching at home you can grab another beer or top off before the final action.

They finally made a home-run rules change.
A running clock guarantees the 3.5 hrs slotted for the game will be less about football and more about commercials. I'm not trying to rush through something that is only available 3 months out of the year. Gigantic L of a rule change just so they can make more profit.

Also...horse-collar within the tackle box is now a 15 yard penalty... interesting.

Each university can choose the company/entity to provide and implement the technology in the helmet.

The number of commercial breaks have stayed the same though all the clock changes. I guess this just makes one of the breaks easier to predict if nothing else.
You are correct...media break inside 2 minute warning "is expected" to replace and not add to additional stoppage time.

Have to get time to get more commercials to have more money to pay the colleges to keep them in the black.

If that was the Motivation, they could have simply charged more for the commercials. It is called GREED and A Yen for constant change. No real innovators or inventors these days, so they just try screwing with something the really smart people did.

Well that's fine with me...why do I care? Why should I care? But...of course what you mentioned would probably happen...its just business.

We can’t be faster really. The refs can’t keep up already It actually might hurt a little because the defense will Get their info faster

So this may be my own conspiracy theory, but during the Orange and White game, the broadcast (I know, in game broadcast AND it was a scrimmage) said we intended to continue using signals for plays and the audio would be used strictly for coaching. If that is true, I think it could present an interesting tactical advantage for us.

If we can rely on the posters for quick playcalls, then that lets Heupel, a very accomplished QB, be in our quarterback's ear for most of the audio timing. Additionally, for those of us who watch NFL games on Sundays, the audio headsets regularly drop out or have connection issues. Should that happen in one of our games, all we lose is extra coaching by CJH. However, the other team may completely lose their normal method of calling in plays. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that alone could win us an extra game in 2024.

Of course we will get a two minute warning. It will allow us to be force fed an additional eight commercials each half. Always remember who is buttering the bread friend 😉

I am hoping Heupel and Nico decide to use the handles Snowman and Bandit.
Got your ears on good buddy?

Love your phrasing, man (or woman). Every time a mousetrap or tactic is employed, someone comes up with a way to get around, through, under, or over it. I'm betting the first efforts will be signal jamming. I'd pay off a cameraman to substitute a fake camera or accessory for a signal interceptor and scrambler. But first attend opponent games to still the radio frequency they use with such a device.

I combat this, instead of using verbal communication, I'd secretly modify the helmet facemasks to receive and display on their interior (heh heh heh) , Encounters of the Third Kind light signals. Visible only to the player with the communication helmet. Signal thieves would go crazy at the persistent silence, and assume we only use the helmets for cosmetic effects.
View attachment 635624
9A525669-83F0-428A-9726-05735F0BB66D.jpeg

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Two minute warning seems like another opportunity added with the clock change rules from last year - no intent on shortening the game just another advertising break.

I do like the helmet comms, seems like a no brainer.

Two minute warning seems like another opportunity added with the clock change rules from last year - no intent on shortening the game just another advertising break.

I do like the helmet comms, seems like a no brainer.
Yup, Each game you watch next season will cost you another 15 minutes of your life hearing this over and over from the usual over advertised companies
704C9CF7-05F3-4C73-B410-CF971CE33507.jpeg

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
They need to go back to the old clock rules ffs. The new ones are terrible that just take away football time in favor of more commercial time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back