A gators prospective

“But when you look at actual stats for both, Franks is much better in many key areas”.

TD’s, that’s it. He has more rushing yards because of the differences in the offensive system. What a dishonest statement, regardless if you think they’re equal or not

Rushing yards matter when a QB is billed as a “dual-threat” guy. It was here that I learned from posters like you that JG was supposed to be the next Marcus Mariota or Josh Dobbs. Turns out, he hasn’t been close to that so far and Felipe Franks has turned into a better runner. And it isn’t just because of the “system” as Franks’ 89-yard run highlight-reel run against Texas A&M happened last year before Dan Mullen had even arrived. And under Mullen, he’s been an effective, willing runner so far. I’ve pointed out several stats, several times where Franks is much better than JG. But apparently the only stats some UT fans care about are completion percentage and interceptions. That’s convenient since those are the only two where JG is better; never mind TD’s passes, total yards, completions, yards per completion and rushing yards.

I’m not delusional, in no way do I think Franks is an elite QB yet. I am honest with myself when analyzing his play. He’s much improved over last year but still has much improvement needed. But anyone thinking JG has been this incredible, elite QB so far, is in fact delusional.

I get this feeling that there will be some players carted off the field...believe it's gonna be a slobberknocker...:D

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Volanta
Pressure Franks if u pressure him and give him time and let him get comfy that’s bad news Franks isn’t all bad he’s just steaky he can he can have a bad qt then a good qt but when he’s cold he’s ice cold

WR - 5 legit threats Jefferson, Grimes 2 best then Swain, Hammond and Toney are all very very solid no homer either all nfl talents

RB Scarlett been Mediocre wanna see more Damien pierce and Lamical Perine Oh yea and Toney in some Percy type packages that Mullen mentioned Toney maybe most electric on team with ball in hand

Defense took a huge blow losing Marco Wilson we shall see how they perform I personally see more nfl talent on UF defense Zuniga Polite Cece etc can get after the QB S’s LBs and DTs have been meh we shall if that changes any this week

CJ Henderson can lock down your best WR and Chauncey gonna cause trouble I expect a pick or 2 from one of those 2 or rayshad maybe Reese

I don’t feel confident other then our history you’ve won like 5 6 times in my 30 years so ya I’ll be homer but not gonna be easy on the road

It’s a must win tho to keep the wheels from falling off

Oh yea getting David Reese back huge in stopping run between tackles
Sunshine pumper

Reactions: Volanta
That's because you are showing possession. You don't add the apostrophe to make a plural, even with words ending in -s and family names.

E.g. the correct forms are:
Christmases, not Christmas's
Joneses, not Jones's

Sorry if this confuses the visiting reptile(s).
Yes, you’re correct, I should’ve said plural possessive. My bad. 👍🏼 I knew if I tried to sound smart that it would backfire. 😂

Would like answer to last sentence just curious
With your Swiss cheese of a line I’m pretty sure I could step in and get to the quarterback on a blitz package....

In all seriousness our edge rushers are not great up to this point, but kongbo has some potentially and got to the quarterback a bunch last week (just too slow to bring him down bc the dude was quick and running for his life). He’s an athletic freak so expect to get some pressure from that side.

More importantly Pruitt is basically the best in cfb at blitzing the qb. We struggled against WVU because they were able to max protect and Grier got rid of the ball quickly with great accuracy while also evading pressure in the pocket....I don’t see franks being able to do that consistently. He is much slower, more easily rattled, and has a much slower release. He is also very innaccurate so I don’t see him picking us apart unless our coverage is awful. I do expect 1 or 2 big passing plays from your offense, Franks has shown that he can hurl the ball and you have some serious playmakers on the outside. Our young corner’s have been burned a few times so I expect it to happen again.

In reality its not going to matter which qb is better. Neither are head and shoulders above the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

It's going to come down to who has time to throw it and/or is better under pressure. I do believe JG is the better qb under pressure but I also believe our O-line is alot worse than UF's and we haven't found a consistent pass rush so it seems to be pretty evenly matched going into the game.

Need to add Cleveland at WR, UT fans may remember the “heave to Cleve” last year. Agree on wanting to see Damien Pierce get some more touches at RB, he appears to be a special talent. And yes, getting David Reese back is huge for UF’s run defense, if it’s the usual David Reese.

I’m a little surprised at most UT fans being supremely confident in their QB, Guarantano. Most dismiss the idea out of hand that Franks may be a better QB, but when you look at the actual stats for both, Franks is much better in many key areas.

We’ll see soon enough.

And I am surprised a UF fan is confident in FF. He may be more physically talented than JG, but not sure he has it between the ears, which makes him extremely inconsistent. But the QBs won't win or lose this game. Both QBs are capable, both teams have a good group of RBs, both teams have a good group of WRs. The key for both offenses is which OL holds up best because neither OL has been consistent at all. So the OLs, TOs, and STs will likely decide this game.

And I am surprised a UF fan is confident in FF. He may be more physically talented than JG, but not sure he has it between the ears, which makes him extremely inconsistent. But the QBs won't win or lose this game. Both QBs are capable, both teams have a good group of RBs, both teams have a good group of WRs. The key for both offenses is which OL holds up best because neither OL has been consistent at all. So the OLs, TOs, and STs will likely decide this game.

Great post, a lot to agree with. I think I’m in the minority in Gator Nation in somewhat supporting Franks. Many still want to pound on him for 2017 and their frustration from last year has carried over. But to me, that clouds their objectivity and doesn’t allow them to see the obvious improvement so far this year. Losing to Kentucky didn’t help, but again, Franks was the least of our worries in that game as the defense couldn’t stop the run at all, nor could UF’s offense run the ball. Franks had two TD passes and set a career high in passing yards in that game. Also had a bad pick, so again, he’s inconsistent. But Franks is NOT the reason UF lost to Kentucky.

Reactions: ethandaniel24
Actually, an apostrophe is used in plurals when the pluralized version of the word in question ends in s.

e.g. The Gators’ cesspool, The fans’ delusions, etc.

Thanks. I actually learned something by reading this forum today. I was terrible in English class in school.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
If you look closely, the keys on the lower right have some useful functions:

. Used to indicate the end of a sentence.
, Indicates pause or separates complete sentences if combined with the word "and"
' Indicates either possession or contractions. NEVER used in plurals.

Go Gata.
I agree 100%. I had to stop reading because I couldn't decipher that craziness.

Pressure Franks if u pressure him and give him time and let him get comfy that’s bad news Franks isn’t all bad he’s just steaky he can he can have a bad qt then a good qt but when he’s cold he’s ice cold

WR - 5 legit threats Jefferson, Grimes 2 best then Swain, Hammond and Toney are all very very solid no homer either all nfl talents

RB Scarlett been Mediocre wanna see more Damien pierce and Lamical Perine Oh yea and Toney in some Percy type packages that Mullen mentioned Toney maybe most electric on team with ball in hand

Defense took a huge blow losing Marco Wilson we shall see how they perform I personally see more nfl talent on UF defense Zuniga Polite Cece etc can get after the QB S’s LBs and DTs have been meh we shall if that changes any this week

CJ Henderson can lock down your best WR and Chauncey gonna cause trouble I expect a pick or 2 from one of those 2 or rayshad maybe Reese

I don’t feel confident other then our history you’ve won like 5 6 times in my 30 years so ya I’ll be homer but not gonna be easy on the road

It’s a must win tho to keep the wheels from falling off

Oh yea getting David Reese back huge in stopping run between tackles
What exactly are you prospecting for?

Rushing yards matter when a QB is billed as a “dual-threat” guy. It was here that I learned from posters like you that JG was supposed to be the next Marcus Mariota or Josh Dobbs. Turns out, he hasn’t been close to that so far and Felipe Franks has turned into a better runner. And it isn’t just because of the “system” as Franks’ 89-yard run highlight-reel run against Texas A&M happened last year before Dan Mullen had even arrived. And under Mullen, he’s been an effective, willing runner so far. I’ve pointed out several stats, several times where Franks is much better than JG. But apparently the only stats some UT fans care about are completion percentage and interceptions. That’s convenient since those are the only two where JG is better; never mind TD’s passes, total yards, completions, yards per completion and rushing yards.

I’m not delusional, in no way do I think Franks is an elite QB yet. I am honest with myself when analyzing his play. He’s much improved over last year but still has much improvement needed. But anyone thinking JG has been this incredible, elite QB so far, is in fact delusional.
Why do you keep doubling down on this? FF has 600 more passing yards than JG. FF has played three more games than JG. There's the yardage.
FF indeed has more TD passes and rushing yards, I will give you that. Those are the only areas he is ahead of JG in stats.
Just because you keep repeating a false narrative doesn't make it true.

The corners can only do so much when the front 7 gives up 300 yards on the ground.

Of course, UT has to block in such a way to gain 300 yards.

Remember Juan Jennings, the guy that match up against your supposedly top corner and NFL draft pick Jalen "Burnt toast" Tabor? Yea he's back and hungry for more!

Yes, I remember. Great player, great play, great win for UT.

Tyree Cleveland is back too. While Jalen Tabor is gone and playing in the NFL, I’m wondering about the guy who was covering Cleveland last year. Is he back? And was he “burnt toast” too?

Who are your stud pass rushers so far just asking

Phillips and who else Tuttle maybe getting back to form

Not been any "stud pass rushers" thus far. Pass rush looked a bit better versus UTEP than previous two games, but still a long way from where it needs to be. Darrell Taylor and Daniel Bituli are probably the most effective pass-rushers. As Nose Tackle, Tuttle's role has been a bit different than before.

As far as position groups go, I'd take JG over Franks and I like our RBs much better than yours. You all might be ahead of us in the WR department, but we're looking a lot better there lately with Josh Palmer emerging as a big threat, on top of Marquez Callaway, Jauan Jennings, and Brandon Johnson.

Our O-line has been pretty bad; it's the Achilles' heel of our offense.

Defense looked a lot better versus UTEP than previous weeks, but ... ya know ... it's UTEP.

Should be two flawed teams on Saturday. We can reminiscence about the good ole' days when Tennessee and Florida were the two SEC powers rather than SEC East cellar dwellers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back