A House Divided...

VFL living in Texas. I told my boys they could go to any school they chose, then I handed them a list of schools I wouldn't pay for... (Top 3: Alabama, Florida, Georgia...)

My oldest is a sophomore at UTK - double major in physics and math.

Youngest is on his way in a couple of years.

Mizzou is a good school but it ain't UTK.

VFL living in Texas. I told my boys they could go to any school they chose, then I handed them a list of schools I wouldn't pay for... (Top 3: Alabama, Florida, Georgia...)

Texas, A/M, Abilene Christian, all in state tuition. Can you loan me some money?

Some great vacation deals that time of year........take the wifey on a nice cruise or all inclusive resort for Thanksgiving.....when the prodigal child comes home and finds the locked up, dark abode........she'll know:

View attachment 593486

......on the other hand, when we pull off the W?.......I'd have Freaks YOUTUBE replay pulled up on repeat and take the batteries 🔋 out the remote
When I was in college the guy across the hall from me was from Athens, TN. He went home for Thanksgiving and his parents had moved and didn’t tell him 😁

Don’t feel too bad, mine went down to Tuscalooser. Of course the ONLY real option at our disposal as parents is to write them OUT of our wills and estate planning. Bad choices have consequences! 😆
Please tell me it was for a full ride….

So I have 3 kids, 14,11, and 5. I have tried my hardest to make them all VFL’s. My oldest 2 don’t really care or care about sports in general. My youngest, a boy, I have really, really been grooming. He loves the Vols, but he lights up when UGA plays “the red team” he calls them. 🤮 I’ve stopped watching their games when I’m around him, cause we just can’t have that now can we. No we can’t. Not in this house lol.

My daughter was accepted at BAMA, and I could barely let the flyers stay in the home. Something unnerving about having the "enemy's" stuff hanging around.
Is there anyone who applies at BAMA that doesn’t get accepted? Your daughter needs to challenge herself a bit more.

Reactions: ttocswob
Sounds too familiar. This little guy pictured here lived his whole life
in Bartlett wearing orange, went to Univ of Memphis, got law degree
from tigertown and could care less for either team. Whaddya gonna do?

Both great schools academically. Football is important, but not as much as a good education
Not true! Since Saban got to Turdville they have perpretrated the myth they are some sort of Harvard of the deep south. They have increased enrollment, manly for sorority and fraternity life but their academics remain mediocre.

Mizzou was a really good school until destroyed by the bLM crew.

UT - 105
Mizzou 124
Turd170

In US News and World Report ratings

Supplies From Multiple Brands - Shop smile.amazon Today

Ad
www.amazon.com/Shop/smile.amazon

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

Not true! Since Saban got to Turdville they have perpretrated the myth they are some sort of Harvard of the deep south. They have increased enrollment, manly for sorority and fraternity life but their academics remain mediocre.

Mizzou was a really good school until destroyed by the bLM crew.

UT - 105
Mizzou 124
Turd170

In US News and World Report ratings

Ad
www.amazon.com/Shop/smile.amazon

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

Man do I feel like I dodged a bullet. My son just started at UTK, so I’m in the clear.

But it was dicey for a few months - Clemson and UGA pushed hard to entice him away, with Clemson being the most persistent (and annoying). Told him no go on UGA, not paying for him to come home in red and barking like a fool.

Reactions: Vol737
Surely she still loves the Vols tho?
One of my girls went to Motlow for her Associates and then to MTSU for her Bachelors. 15 years and she's still paying student loans though she's a stay-at-home Mom. The other daughter went to Columbia State CC, became a Respiratory Therapist, makes darn good money .....more than I make. If they watch any football at all, its the Vols with me.

From what you have described, you did a great job parenting and preparing your children. We need more parents to take a strong interest in their kids. Our nation would be much better for it. I salute you and others on this board who love, cherish, and sacrifice for their kids. It's the way it should be.

Ironically, it was a former professor at UTK who had just come from Mizzou and became a mentor to me and my future wife. He was quite knowledgeable and told us of the virtues of Mizzou for communications/journalism. This was way back and we kept that in our minds for years.

Know exactly how you feel. I have 4 kids, all married. 7 grandkids all Tennessee fans. Then I have a 16 year old grandson that wears that tide junk off in my house. Told him he is written out of the will.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
From what you have described, you did a great job parenting and preparing your children. We need more parents to take a strong interest in their kids. Our nation would be much better for it. I salute you and others on this board who love, cherish, and sacrifice for their kids. It's the way it should be.

Thank you for your kind words. We've tried to do our best. Your daughter has your support and she's lucky to have you.

As an aside, I got my bachelors and masters at UTK and a PhD from Mizzou. Its a good place.... but it ain't Tennessee.

Reactions: HoopCreekVol

VN Store

Back