According to John Brice (on injuries)....

When you see this many injuries you need to start looking at the strength and condition crew along with all those tasked with keeping healthy and getting the players healthy. Also, why do we not have the tent set up like Alabama? Just curious.

I think you better look at everything, because you cannot be successful if your players' bodies aren't able to withstand 7 (or less) football games.

giphy.gif

Haha

How about Martinez getting a pass too? Our preseason DB expection was very positive.
Oh yeah injuries, my bad.

We will have a record number of red shirt applications by seasons end.

Torn pectoral and upper extremity muscle injuries have been oddly common. Was it last year or the previous where 3 or 4 players went out with them?

Maybe they shouldn't have kicked O'Brien off the team. Wonder why gas mask Tunsil wasn't kicked off of Ole Miss for failing a drug test. Wonder why Cam Robinson wasn't kicked off of Bama for being caught with weed and a stolen gun. Sometimes you have to bend the rules for some players if your back is against the wall. All the top coaches are doing it and we'll be screwed if Butch isn't.
Just the insinuation that Butch should follow suit on allowing a well-founded, set-in-stone rule to be broken...just because those with less character do it...is sickening. Stay away from kids '08.:bad:

Reactions: 3 people
Injuries are just excuses. Every team has them. Our third and fourth string guys should be able to step right in and dominate like the starters. Butch and the staff cannot recruit or develop players.

Sorry I am being so sarcastic guys, its just a byproduct of the sewage that has been posted in the last 24 hours. This news is just more lighter fluid on an already huge flame. We cannot catch a break for anything.

I am sure this is all Butch's fault though.

You almost got me there BOT. Yep, at this point, get healthy as possible and muddle through the rest of the schedule and get the wins anyway we can.

Reactions: 1 person
I've never seen so many injuries to one team, UT is cursed.

Very similar to 2002. I remember being at the game in Neyland against Miami that year, and our sidelines looked like a war zone.

I believe there are 2 teams this season that could have survived the attrition we've faced: Bama and Ohio State. People can say "injuries are no excuse" or "next man up" all they want, but the 2016 Vols quickly turned into the 2013 Vols on defense when the injuries piled up. I hope we get a few guys back after the bye and then maybe our luck will start changing.

Maybe they shouldn't have kicked O'Brien off the team. Wonder why gas mask Tunsil wasn't kicked off of Ole Miss for failing a drug test. Wonder why Cam Robinson wasn't kicked off of Bama for being caught with weed and a stolen gun. Sometimes you have to bend the rules for some players if your back is against the wall. All the top coaches are doing it and we'll be screwed if Butch isn't.

I hope that you are joking. The team has rules and the players know the rules. The rest of the team will take notice when an enforcement situation happens. Imagine the message sent to the underclassmen by getting rid of O'Brien. I don't care what other teams would have done in this situation. The right decision was made.

Reactions: 4 people
I give the guy credit, he manned up and took reponsibilty for his actions.

I disagree with you on this point. How does taking responsibility show that he manned up? This situation was his and his only. He was solely responsible for it. He could not have blamed anyone else. If he wanted to man up, he should not have broken the rules. How about our older players deciding to be leaders and mentors to the younger players? That is how they should man up.

Please tell me you're kidding!! I respect Butch for having standards!!! I'd rather not have players who are so selfish they'd do something so irresponsible as to hurt their team like that.

KMac likely out for season with shoulder/pec injury

Sutton targeting Tenn Tech for his return.

I heard Sutton say a couple of weeks ago that he was targeting the Tennessee Tech game as his date to play again.
So, that is old news John Brice.

I have been in the military for many years. Regardless of the infraction, I know that I have to discipline soldiers for infractions. This creates an environment of discipline and when soldiers go unpunished it gives the impression of favoritism.
Now, of course if a soldier is late for formation, there is no need for a court martial, but they should at least be given extra duty and it has be done in a fashion that the entire platoon is aware of it.
So, to allow O Brien to continue to play after this revelation would be wrong.
Pig was kicked off the team for drugs, right? So, O Brien should have known that bUTch was serious about discipline.

I have been in the military for many years. Regardless of the infraction, I know that I have to discipline soldiers for infractions. This creates an environment of discipline and when soldiers go unpunished it gives the impression of favoritism.
Now, of course if a soldier is late for formation, there is no need for a court martial, but they should at least be given extra duty and it has be done in a fashion that the entire platoon is aware of it.
Pig was kicked off the team for drugs, right? So, O Brien should have known that bUTch was serious about discipline.
Agree 100%. It's a sad state of affairs that some college programs have a blind eye to this.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch had to have made a deal with the Devil to get those wins at the last second at the beginning of the season in exchange for injuries in the middle of the season. That's the only thing I can think of that can justify all these injuries

well, I guess that could be one theory...happen to have another one, you know, just in case...only GOD knows...so don't hurt your head...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!

Might be wrong, but I think this was O'Brien third strike. If so, I don't think the decision was in CBJ hands.

Reactions: 2 people
how many of these players are out with a shoulder injury or got hurt in the game and left with a shoulder ? I know Foreman left a game with his shoulder hurt?

Maybe they might need to invest in a new S&C cause the one they have now replaced the guy he worked for.

Did anyone else find it ironic that Bama was smoking cigars on the field after the game? I know it's tradition, but in public, after Robinson and Williams got busted for weed? Saban gets a free pass waaaay too often.

how many of these players are out with a shoulder injury or got hurt in the game and left with a shoulder ? I know Foreman left a game with his shoulder hurt?

Maybe they might need to invest in a new S&C cause the one they have now replaced the guy he worked for.

May be technique too. I am just guessing. I am sure it is a combination of things. Auburn has a lot of players out too. Seven with bad knees.

You can play some of the skill positions when you are a FR..its very rare for one to play on the OL/DL..they just aren't strong enough...I remember when Michael Munoz(who would have been as ready as anyone) came in and had to start..he said he was so overmatched that he had to have perfect technique each play
OL and DL spots are mostly for 3rd year players. Two reasons especially for OL. Schemes are complicated and take a while to learn and most need to add at least 40 lbs and muscle up just to compete.

This applies to life in general as well. Know where the boundaries are and stay in them and life becomes much more simple. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR!!!

VN Store

Back