According to John Brice (on injuries)....

I have been in the military for many years. Regardless of the infraction, I know that I have to discipline soldiers for infractions. This creates an environment of discipline and when soldiers go unpunished it gives the impression of favoritism.
Now, of course if a soldier is late for formation, there is no need for a court martial, but they should at least be given extra duty and it has be done in a fashion that the entire platoon is aware of it.
So, to allow O Brien to continue to play after this revelation would be wrong.
Pig was kicked off the team for drugs, right? So, O Brien should have known that bUTch was serious about discipline.

Apparently this was his third time he failed a test. He knew the rules and he failed to follow them. He hurt the team when the team needed him the most.

Did anyone else find it ironic that Bama was smoking cigars on the field after the game? I know it's tradition, but in public, after Robinson and Williams got busted for weed? Saban gets a free pass waaaay too often.

When did smoking a victory cigar agains the rules. The Vols did it in the 90s. I bet that Bama will smoke cuban cigars since the ban has been lifted.

Reactions: 1 person
I've never seen so many injuries to one team, UT is cursed.

The truth is that UT has had abnormally high numbers of injuries under Jones.

You can determine the reason yourself.... but "luck" doesn't explain 3 consecutive years of above average injuries.

Matthews and Brown said our players especially O and D line do not look as thick as some of the other sec teams. Conditioning is good, but strength looks weak. GBO

Matthews and Brown said our players especially O and D line do not look as thick as some of the other sec teams. Conditioning is good, but strength looks weak. GBO

That was very evident on Saturday. Alabama's OL made UT look like a high school team in size.

A change was made by buTch in the S&C program if you'll remember correctly.

Problem is that change won't pay dividends for another year at best.

Over 40 years watching our beloved Vols and I don't remember ever having so many injuries.

We'll be lucky to field a decent team the rest of this season.

I have to wonder if all these line injuries will change our recruiting stratagies and goals.

VFL...GBO!!!

Would be the most disappointing season since 2012. But with all the injuries, 8-4 or 9-3 is very likely

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if there was another L in the remaining games. I just keep telling myself that after 7 games with Dooley, we were 3-4 at best with 5 to 6 wins as a normal season, so we aren't that bad considering.

CBJ gets the most out of his players. We've been playing with slightly undersized linebackers and defensive backs. They play hard for Butch though. Our guys seem to be fearless, but the bigger player is usually going to win the one on one, speed being equal. I think we are over achieving, and in the process are getting hurt. We are a good team, but we are not deep enough to be considered an elite SEC team yet. Gotta keep recruiting, playing with a big heart can only take you so far against superior talent week in week out.

Well let's look at the positives. We have a bye week, USCjr and Tenn Tech. We can afford to give some players off until we play Kentucky in exactly 1 month. Others have two weeks depending on the depth at the position.

We will get some of these guys back. Sutton, McDowell, Kirkland Jr., Malik Foreman, Jashon Robertson are all names that we should be getting back in the next two to four weeks.

Well let's look at the positives. We have a bye week, USCjr and Tenn Tech. We can afford to give some players off until we play Kentucky in exactly 1 month. Others have two weeks depending on the depth at the position.

We will get some of these guys back. Sutton, McDowell, Kirkland Jr., Malik Foreman, Jashon Robertson are all names that we should be getting back in the next two to four weeks.

Weisman too.

Just the insinuation that Butch should follow suit on allowing a well-founded, set-in-stone rule to be broken...just because those with less character do it...is sickening. Stay away from kids '08.:bad:

Yeah that's what I'll remember about an 8-4 season lmao

Would be the most disappointing season since 2012. But with all the injuries, 8-4 or 9-3 is very likely

I dont think so. Vanderbilt, SC, Missouri and Kentucky have weak offense's. Imo Missouri's is the best out of those four. They really should have beaten UGA imo.

We need to go out and hire a strength coach that knows what he is doing and keeps our guys from getting hurt

We need to go out and hire a strength coach that knows what he is doing and keeps our guys from getting hurt

Can a strength coach stop rolled over ankles, hits to the head, clipped knees, etc? Strength coach isn't the problem.

Reactions: 2 people
good coaching and technigue can mitigate these injuries.

if a player gets beaten and has to then over-compensate he's more likely to be injured. if he isn't coached to keep his shoulders square at tackle, and drops his head he is more likely to get a concussion or hurt shoulder.

ankles can be fluke, but ther are factors that can contribute. Again having to redirect because out of position. or say your teammate gets beat, falls to the ground and you get rolder up on.

the factS are that better techigue, form and position help prevent injuries.

Just the insinuation that Butch should follow suit on allowing a well-founded, set-in-stone rule to be broken...just because those with less character do it...is sickening. Stay away from kids '08.:bad:

OMG this is the best reaction so far. O'Brien got caught smoking pot, something that is legal in 4 states now and will be legal in 9 after the election. You make it sound like he was dealing crack. But I guess in your world since all drugs are the same so weed and heroin are both the same level of evil. Most athletes that smoke weed do it to help with pain since it is non habit forming. Guess it would be better for them to all be popping OxyContin and Percocet since those are legal drugs.

Jack Jones is having thumb surgery.

Just heard that on 104.5

SIAP

OMG this is the best reaction so far. O'Brien got caught smoking pot, something that is legal in 4 states now and will be legal in 9 after the election. You make it sound like he was dealing crack. But I guess in your world since all drugs are the same so weed and heroin are both the same level of evil. Most athletes that smoke weed do it to help with pain since it is non habit forming. Guess it would be better for them to all be popping OxyContin and Percocet since those are legal drugs.

Sometimes in life a person must follow rules they don't agree with. Consequences result if they do not.

How do you know it was for pot?

VN Store

Back