Ainge on 104.5 Nashville Said he turned off Schaefer's alarm clock

Did you find it funny that Manning locked Brandon Stewart out of the film room? How successful was/is he?

Peyton is horrible, the worst choke artist in the playoffs in history, defense won him both championships. Success is not PM, and to think it started with the locking of a door.

Serious note, apart from cheating, you do what you gotta do to get where you want to be. Just don't trust Ainge not to try to steal your girl...

Get off your high horse. Neither what Ainge nor Manning did was a big deal.

It may not be a big deal, but it says a lot. Sabotaging a peer who is jocking for the same position is not a character trait I value. I'm all for jokes, but that isn't a good one.

Reactions: 2 people
It may not be a big deal, but it says a lot. Sabotaging a peer who is jocking for the same position is not a character trait I value. I'm all for jokes, but that isn't a good one.

I bet you're fun at a party.

Neither of these things were a big deal, both easily overcome and neither detrimental in the long run.

My point is that he had a problem with substances before he took them for supposed pain management while at UT. You obviously want to emphasize his drug use during his time at UT (your "3+ years clean" claim is another attempt to do that). All I'm saying, for those who might not know, is that he had a problem before he ever stepped foot in Knoxville. He's been very honest and open about that. And people who have these issues tend to relapse. And when they do, they always have a reason to explain why it happened.

Don't be so sensitive. I'm not blaming you or Tennessee. I'm saying drugs, not cutthroat competitiveness, is the reason he's not playing on sundays.

Brent, is that you?

Yes, this is Brent. Phil told me that Ainge got to be the starter over me because I overslept one specific important day. Come to find out today, that Ainge did this to me on purpose. Great teammate and role model.

Yes, this is Brent. Phil told me that Ainge got to be the starter over me because I overslept one specific important day. Come to find out today, that Ainge did this to me on purpose. Great teammate and role model.

I guess it didn't matter since you started the first game of the season vs UNLV.

Reactions: 5 people
There are double standards when it comes to Peyton. My Dad now doesn't like Jeff Gordon because he mentioned in his SI article he likes a beer, but it's OK for Peyton to mention after the big game, " I can't wait to get a bud to my lips."

You do know that PM got a Budload of $$$ to hawk Bud?

douche move... must not have been confident enough of his own talent and had to resort to bush-league moves...

Holy crap.... get off your holier than thou high horse and step into the real world. Guys.... especially athletes and teammates give each other a hard time just about the very chance they get at that age.... it's a rite of passage. Now run along and work on that next merit badge.

As much as I may say I can't stand stuff like this, and that everyone should be on the same side, I can also see why this could be a positive.

Is it really sabotaging? Peyton used to take out the propped door to the film room so it would lock, and Ainge would turn off Schaefer's alarm. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm on the receiving end of either of these, I'm going to be the victim of it one time only.

This reminds me of a kid, a guard, I coached a few years back, who (bless his heart) was just flat-out dumb. He's the only person I've ever seen where his confusion was completely evident on film, and I swear teams started picking up on this and exploiting it. After each offensive series, I'd get the linemen (the ones who didn't play both ways, anyway) together and see if the defense was doing anything different than what we'd planned for, and then make the adjustments.

Our center played both ways, and one time I didn't get him until after the third offensive series. I asked if there was anything unusual, and he goes, "Yeah, they're stunting right across us, so I'm doing this but they're just ripping right through that side." We had three games worth of film on this opponent, and they hadn't stunted like that once. So I asked our (dumb) guard if they were stunting, and he rather angrily and confusedly blurts out, "But they're not supposed to!" I almost choked, and finally said something like, "Yeah, well, they are, so we need to stop it." We made the adjustment, and he never could quite figure out how to do it...and we got shredded through that side the entire game every time they stunted.

If a QB can't adjust for an alarm that failed to wake him up, how the hell can he adjust for when a defense uses a zone blitz in-game that they haven't showed before? Or a simple rotation between a safety and corner? Or making sure that a check to a quick slant takes place, with a DE peeling off into that seam?

Reactions: 3 people
As much as I may say I can't stand stuff like this, and that everyone should be on the same side, I can also see why this could be a positive.

Is it really sabotaging? Peyton used to take out the propped door to the film room so it would lock, and Ainge would turn off Schaefer's alarm. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm on the receiving end of either of these, I'm going to be the victim of it one time only.

This reminds me of a kid, a guard, I coached a few years back, who (bless his heart) was just flat-out dumb. He's the only person I've ever seen where his confusion was completely evident on film, and I swear teams started picking up on this and exploiting it. After each offensive series, I'd get the linemen (the ones who didn't play both ways, anyway) together and see if the defense was doing anything different than what we'd planned for, and then make the adjustments.

Our center played both ways, and one time I didn't get him until after the third offensive series. I asked if there was anything unusual, and he goes, "Yeah, they're stunting right across us, so I'm doing this but they're just ripping right through that side." We had three games worth of film on this opponent, and they hadn't stunted like that once. So I asked our (dumb) guard if they were stunting, and he rather angrily and confusedly blurts out, "But they're not supposed to!" I almost choked, and finally said something like, "Yeah, well, they are, so we need to stop it." We made the adjustment, and he never could quite figure out how to do it...and we got shredded through that side the entire game every time they stunted.

If a QB can't adjust for an alarm that failed to wake him up, how the hell can he adjust for when a defense uses a zone blitz in-game that they haven't showed before? Or a simple rotation between a safety and corner? Or making sure that a check to a quick slant takes place, with a DE peeling off into that seam?

I wanted to write something similar to your last paragraph but didn't.

Great analogy, like given.

EA was a pimp. His addiction stigma may cause morons to not like him,but as for myself I like him. I am an addict myself from a wreck in 99. It doesn't mean you are a bad person. Why doesn't a huge stigma follow all drunks considering alcohol kills 100,000 more US citizens annually than ALL illicit drugs combined. Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back