Anyone upset about the playcalling now....

While I'll agree that there are some decisions I look at and question (as is the case in most all losses), it's hard for me to be outraged over 401 yards and 32 points, which includes three series from our backup quarterback.

Call these excuses if you want but we have three true freshman starting on the right side of the offensive line (if you count the tight end) and we were without two of our best wide receivers last night.

This offense has its share of challenges. We knew it coming into the year and they can't be ignored just because it hurts to lose.

Finally we actually have something to discuss on Sundays thanks to this teams effort. Sure we will criticize the play calling, why, because we had a chance to win that game! I had them picked to lose by 30 so anything under 17 is a victory on the road in my book. I look forward to the Florida game, first time in 8 years.:clapping:

While I'll agree that there are some decisions I look at and question (as is the case in most all losses), it's hard for me to be outraged over 401 yards and 32 points, which includes three series from our backup quarterback.

Call these excuses if you want but we have three true freshman starting on the right side of the offensive line (if you count the tight end) and we were without two of our best wide receivers last night.

This offense has its share of challenges. We knew it coming into the year and they can't be ignored just because it hurts to lose.

The reason why we improved was because we didn't get into 2nd,3rd and longs very much. These were the only plays when we got caught in long situations. I can assume that our TE's are usually our number 1 target in these situations.

2nd and 15 --- sack
3rd and 22 --- run for 4 yds?

2nd and 13 --- incomplete (for Wolf)
3rd and 13 --- sack

2nd and 12 --- run for 7 (Hurd) *

3rd and 13 --- 14 yd pass from Peterman to Malone*

3rd and 20 --- incomplete (for ??)

2nd and 17 --- complete to Wolf for 24 yds *

I feel like we are very uncomfortable in these situations and we are limited to what plays we use. Bajakian needs to call plays like it's 3rd and 15 all the time instead of 2nd and 7.

I think that's why the staff likes Peterman. When he has time he has a better deep ball than Worley.

Last edited:
What did he stop doing that was effective?

Throwing the ball on first and second down the 2 drives, particularly the second drive. For some reason, we started running the ball on first and second down after the first 2 drives and they stalled. We obviously threw the ball down the field and scored quickly the last drive of the first half. Griese was constantly discussing/questioning why we stopped throwing the ball on the early downs because we were much less effective running it early.

After the failed deep ball from our own 1, we decided to run the ball which resulted in a safety. I know we're playing coach here, but I would have thrown a quick hb flat or out route to give us some breathing room.

Spot on! You do not run out of the end zone with a line that we have. I almost fell over when I seen them do the 12 second hand off:shakehead:

The reason why we improved was because we didn't get into 2nd,3rd and longs very much. These were the only plays when we got caught in long situations. I can assume that our TE's are usually our number 1 target in these situations.

2nd and 15 --- sack
3rd and 22 --- run for 4 yds?

2nd and 13 --- incomplete (for Wolf)
3rd and 13 --- sack

2nd and 12 --- run for 7 (Hurd) *

3rd and 13 --- 14 yd pass from Peterman to Malone*

3rd and 20 --- incomplete (for ??)

2nd and 17 --- complete to Wolf for 24 yds *

I feel like we are very uncomfortable in these situations and we are limited to what plays we use. Bajakian needs to call plays like it's 3rd and 15 all the time instead of 2nd and 7.

I think that's why the staff likes Peterman. When he has time he has a better deep ball than Worley.

I'm praying Peterman never sees the field again as a qb for UT.

I understand you have to run the ball but the way we try to force it doesn't make sense with our O line. I liked the extra wrinkles with the wildcat & 2 back sets but our best chance of moving the ball & scoring is through the air assuming Peterman isn't in the game. We had 2 turnovers that resulted in zero points & no momentum. What did UGA do with theirs? You could argue the turnovers we committed was a direct result of play calling. Back to peterman, we would've been better off running the wildcat or letting Worley throw left handed. All in all it was a good game that resulted in another bittersweet moral victory.

We played good just not there yet but it is coming. As hard is it is,be patient. There were some bad calls but with this line it makes it hard I am sure.

I questioned some of the play calling and thought we should've stretched the middle of the field some, but this O line struggles to block someone long enough to throw a 20yd pass.
When we were on the 1yd line if Worley would've took the snap out of shotgun, got strip sacked and Ga. recovered everyone on here would be complaining saying its a terrible play call.

VN Store

Back