Asst. Coaching Change NEEDED (Offense)

I think that it’s silly to break up a staff that has had the current team ranked at the top of the polls every week this year and in the top 10 every week since November. Barnes has had a really good track record of developing assistant coaches.

Coaching doesn’t seem to be as much of an issue as execution is. Help should be on the way as soon as Freddie Dilione is ready to have minutes. I think that the offense picks up with an experienced Phillips on one wing and an up to speed defensively Dilione on the other side.

Exactly. I never understood the obsession with our fans for English

It’s definitely odd. English is a good ways down the list of Barnes best assistants here at Tennessee imo. His best contribution was his recruitment of Kennedy Chandler. Don’t think he contributed all that much in terms of X’s and O’s or player development. Nothing against KE, but Barnes upgraded when he hired Justin Gainey.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColinS
I think that it’s silly to break up a staff that has had the current team ranked at the top of the polls every week this year and in the top 10 every week since November. Barnes has had a really good track record of developing assistant coaches.

Coaching doesn’t seem to be as much of an issue as execution is. Help should be on the way as soon as Freddie Dilione is ready to have minutes. I think that the offense picks up with an experienced Phillips on one wing and an up to speed defensively Dilione on the other side.

I think scoring picks up next year with Dillone and Edwards and Carr and Estrella and Phillips possibly returning.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I feel like Coach English kept a decent offense flowing at Tennessee. CRB isn’t in trouble bc we probably won’t get better than him, but we need to drop an assistant coach that ain’t pulling his weight for a mega offensive strategist ASSISTANT COACH.
You will not find a team who shoots as many three pointers not have an off night. Our bigs are not skilled enough to play the inside offense and most teams can not dominate with an inside offense. You play the game your players are most capable of playing. There are maybe 1-3 teams who have a player who is good enough to carry the offensive load for his team. One of the best is at Perdue and they lost their last game. We are one of the best teams in the nation and I will take our ranking every year.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back