Awaka to the portal

I've read several of these type of comments from you and I'm curious, why be so inpatient after such a successful season. I would argue that the way "things are currently the way they are" is because of system and culture. I believe this staff feels if a player is not interested in coming here winning 25+ games in the SEC, making the dance and most recently an elite 8 because of a slightly less offer from a non contender then they would do more harm to the system and culture than they would good. Lets say they had a money tree and offered the moon to every target, their were rumblings with the core group of players mid season last year salty that DK was getting as many minutes and not being held to the same defensive standard. Now image UT got 3 money grabbers(which DK was NOT) and they did they same thing. Their on the roster now, they've paid for them and winning is still the ultimate goal. So those guys are going to get minutes and all the hard work the staff has put in on system and culture goes out the window and the season turns into Dooleys last year here.

Sorry so long winded... the soapbox got comfortable. Btw, the way things currently are is freaking awesome IMO and its a great time to be a Vol fan!!!

GBO
Honestly, I don't disagree with a lot of this. However, players are the most important part of the equation. Things have been good as of late, no doubt. Do you want to sustain it?
Playing the transfer portal game is apart of that. UNC & Kansas don't seem to be worried about stacking their rosters.

If I had to guess by the way it seems to trending then we HAVE to know by the end of the week on what Tobe intends to do. Rick said it best, we have a roster to build for next year.

I'm not sure I'm pushing him out the door, necessarily, but I'm also not going to potentially cripple my team by catering to his desire of X number of minutes when he's yet to prove he can stay on the floor for that many minutes to begin with.
Okay, a thousand and one likes.

I've read several of these type of comments from you and I'm curious, why be so inpatient after such a successful season. I would argue that the way "things are currently the way they are" is because of system and culture. I believe this staff feels if a player is not interested in coming here winning 25+ games in the SEC, making the dance and most recently an elite 8 because of a slightly less offer from a non contender then they would do more harm to the system and culture than they would good. Lets say they had a money tree and offered the moon to every target, their were rumblings with the core group of players mid season last year salty that DK was getting as many minutes and not being held to the same defensive standard. Now image UT got 3 money grabbers(which DK was NOT) and they did they same thing. Their on the roster now, they've paid for them and winning is still the ultimate goal. So those guys are going to get minutes and all the hard work the staff has put in on system and culture goes out the window and the season turns into Dooleys last year here.

Sorry so long winded... the soapbox got comfortable. Btw, the way things currently are is freaking awesome IMO and its a great time to be a Vol fan!!!

GBO
@GoodTimeVol this is how you respond to someone you disagree with and still retain respect and likeabilily among the other members, even the ones with whom you disagree, most often.

Reactions: berryvol
@GoodTimeVol this is how you respond to someone you disagree with and still retain respect and likeabilily among the other members, even the ones with whom you disagree, most often.
Appreciate those words, Chris. Weird thing is I thing dude could be a decent posted if he just took some of the name calling and condescending tone out of his posts.

Serious question: why do you have a refusal to believe or listen to anyone who says anything non-borderline-fellating about Tennessee sports?
He refutes specifically anything having to do with our NIL being meager. Reading between the lines, he has a source on the collective and a direct connection to its well being.

Reactions: Lankykong
He refutes specifically anything having to do with our NIL being meager. Reading between the lines, he has a source on the collective and a direct connection to its well being.
No way bruh has anything to do with Spyre. He's just a free-range goober who likes to waste people's time. I think most people have him on ignore.

Last edited:

Appreciate those words, Chris. Weird thing is I thing dude could be a decent posted if he just took some of the name calling and condescending tone out of his posts.

No way bruh as anything to do with Spyre. He's just a free-range goober who likes to waste people's time. I think most people have him on ignore.
Show me where I called anybody names? Lol love seeing ppl continually make stuff up…

Why wouldn’t I refute that unless you have verifiable evidence to make that claim?

Then ignore me…
I don’t have anyone on this site on my ignore list. I enjoy reading everyone’s opinion on the topics we discuss here (including your own, at times), regardless of whether I fully agree with them or not. That said, if you respond to one of my posts in the way that you frequently do, I’m going to respond with equal energy.

I don’t have anyone on this site on my ignore list. I enjoy reading everyone’s opinion on the topics we discuss here (including your own, at times), regardless of whether I fully agree with them or not. That said, if you respond to one of my posts in the way that you frequently do, I’m going to respond with equal energy.
I respect that

Reactions: berryvol
We have had some big dudes go through this program over the years. Didnt any of them produce a 7 foot off spring?

VN Store

Back