Barnes vs Pearl

He did wonders with 2 lottery picks in the tourney, too. Out in the round of 32 with Kevin Durant and DJ.

His team was completely disjointed this year against Butler with another potential lottery pick on board. He can recruit, awesome. He just can't really coach basketball anymore. Why are we slobbering over a guy who failed at Texas-a school with more resources than anyone in the country? How is it even possible to fail at Texas unless you, I dunno, can't coach?

Because we have had to settle for Gonzo and Tyenol. Glad Barnes is here.

I,m happy with the Barnes hire but i would never compare him with Pearl .Bruce done a better job with a lot less talent.i would have cut bruce salery and kept him employed at UT during his showcause penelty .He is a young enthuseastic and energetic young coach.Auburn will win the sec in the next 3 years even with ky and texas a&m bringing in higher ranked classes.I just hope Barnes can get us winning 20 to 22 games a year and get us back in tourney on regular bases and get program going in right direction .So maby we can recruit and become relevent again.And i think he can with the way memphis has regressed might be able to pull more 5 stars from memphis.I really hated the martin hire his style of play was not very fun to watch and at times downright boreing UT at GEORGETOWN for example and tyndal should have never been hired. Only reason hart still has a job is the Butch Jones hire seems to have been a home run.

Bruce had Chris Lofton, JaJuan Smith, Dane Bradshaw, and CJ Watson on his first squad.

Reactions: 1 person
I,m happy with the Barnes hire but i would never compare him with Pearl .Bruce done a better job with a lot less talent.i would have cut bruce salery and kept him employed at UT during his showcause penelty .He is a young enthuseastic and energetic young coach.Auburn will win the sec in the next 3 years even with ky and texas a&m bringing in higher ranked classes.I just hope Barnes can get us winning 20 to 22 games a year and get us back in tourney on regular bases and get program going in right direction .So maby we can recruit and become relevent again.And i think he can with the way memphis has regressed might be able to pull more 5 stars from memphis.I really hated the martin hire his style of play was not very fun to watch and at times downright boreing UT at GEORGETOWN for example and tyndal should have never been hired. Only reason hart still has a job is the Butch Jones hire seems to have been a home run.

I wanted to keep Pearl also in spite of the sanctions. We would be looking at a #11 recruiting class coming in instead of wondering if we can fill a roster. Of course we would have missed out on all those thrilling wins we have had the last four years. smh

I truly wanted Pearl back last year, and I was really disappointed when we signed the beleaguered hobbit. However, getting Rick Barnes has made up for all that. Glad to have Coach Barnes here.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back