Battle of Bristol 2

Once was enough for me. I'm glad I did it, but that place was a damn mess. We did a park and ride from ETSU and it took us 3 hours to get back.

I had pretty good seats, but doubt I'd go back. Tailgating before and after was awesome, but driving to and from was a nightmare!

Best weekend ever and would go again in a heartbeat, but it needs to be about 10 years from now. Don’t think, by the comments on here, that we’d have 150,000 people show up again in the near future. We need to play a neutral site game in Dallas and/or Orlando before we do B at B again!

Nah, I'll pass
Sometimes it's best to enjoy/remember the original and leave it alone.

I see there redoing Bronson's Death Wish with Bruce Willis
Nah, I'll pass

Let’s face it Bristol.. kinda boring..

It has gotten a lot better over the past decade. My Army reserve unit is at Mt. Carmel and I will go to Bristol on my weekends sometimes. Main street is actually pretty cool at night with quite a few good restaurants. The new Pinnacle move theater is the nicest I have ever been to and blows away Regal's flagship theater here in Farragut.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't get what the point is of playing up there; especially now that we've just done it.

Reactions: 1 person
I would definitely go again. We parked/tailgated in some dude's yard and walked to and from the speedway. Slept in the truck until traffic thinned out and drove home early the next morning. It was a very unique gameday experience

I live near Bristol and went to the first, but I wont go again. It was a unique experience and im glad I went the first time, but eh. Couldn't actually watch the game, watching on the screen sucked. Got home easily, took maybe 10 minutes longer than normal, but just don't have a desire to go to another.

Glad I did it once but wouldn’t do it again. Seats too far away.

Amen to that.

I'm a nice guy. I found two on the 50 from another VN fellow (really appreciate). I have two sons that are students at UT. Only one of them had a student ticket. I took that (nice guy).

Their seats were good (still a long way from the field). Me- Picture shows the distance my seat was from the field (red arrow) if I was in Knoxville.

I figured the Jumbotron would have the game and replays. Very disappointed - showed crowd (like a kiss cam) most of the game.

Had fun, but couldn't see game.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: 4 people
That is really cool how you figured out where your seat would be at Neyland. Pretty hilarious too.

Then you must not have made it there.

I’m not talking about the game.. Although I think that gimmick track was one thing but the feeling was not great I was referring to the area as a weekend trip not a lot to do from a restaurant perspective bar perspective or other activities

It has gotten a lot better over the past decade. My Army reserve unit is at Mt. Carmel and I will go to Bristol on my weekends sometimes. Main street is actually pretty cool at night with quite a few good restaurants. The new Pinnacle move theater is the nicest I have ever been to and blows away Regal's flagship theater here in Farragut.

All I was doing was comparing it to a city like Nashville and Atlanta Charlotte… Just fewer things to do

All I was doing was comparing it to a city like Nashville and Atlanta Charlotte… Just fewer things to do

I got yeah. I did not take it personally. Just an observation.

BTW, it sounds like NASCAR is going down the tubes rating wise so I bet we see more and more creative ideas to try to fill seats. I say they have a football game during a race. Now that would draw in some ratings!

Probably should be two different teams. I loved the experience but not sure i would want to do it again for a long time. Traffic was a nightmare.

This times 100. Cool experience but traffic was unbelievable. Got 1 mile from the track and it took 2.5 hours. Leaving took 2 hours just to get out of parking lot. Spent more time sitting still within site of the track than the whole game lasted.

We camped Thursday - Sunday and had Pit Road tickets. Our view wasn’t great for the game but i’d go back in a heartbeat and do exactly the same thing. We met so many wonderful people (UT and VT) and had a blast. We’ve also been to enough NASCAR races, that dealing with the traffic is expected. 160,000 people don’t leave one place fast, especially when a large number of them are pulling an RV or driving a motorhome.

Reactions: 2 people
We camped Thursday - Sunday and had Pit Road tickets. Our view wasn’t great for the game but i’d go back in a heartbeat and do exactly the same thing. We met so many wonderful people (UT and VT) and had a blast. We’ve also been to enough NASCAR races, that dealing with the traffic is expected. 160,000 people don’t leave one place fast, especially when a large number of them are pulling an RV or driving a motorhome.

or hammered.

VN Store

Back