Biggest surprise from O&W game?

Gaston Moore - very serviceable, good runner. Clearly knows the offense and looked pretty good.

Merklinger - Looks good, as billed. I think Heup gets him serviceable during the season. Hopefully both these guys get some much needed clean up time. Merk "looked" like a better runner than what I thought.

Dayton Sneed - don't know how much playing time he sees, but shifty and pretty sure handed.

It's early and you can't tell much, but DB's didn't look that great. There's time, though. Need to have a good fall practice.

D line looks like they can get pressure and stop the run.

Receiving corp should be good. Liked what I saw. Also liked the number of slants we were throwing. Those were high percentage plays for good yards.

What??? Some people follow the Vols just a little and don't eat, sleep, and breathe it? Where are the pitchforks!!
One does not have to be a 24-hour a day fan to have known that the O&W game was limited to 10,000 because of construction. Agree that some fans are more attentive of what is going on than others, however, if one had read the Football Forum of this board once in the last 6 weeks, one would have known the limited ticket sale.

Last edited:
To me, it was the play of Merk as he seemed very serviceable if we need to go to a second QB this season. From reading the spring training reports, I thought he had a lot of talent but still had a long ways to go before he was ready to play. Appears he picking things up more quickly than the media led me to believe.
Merklinger will likely be the starter in 2026.

If Boo Carter and Edwin Spillman are the impact players I think they can be this year, this defense will easily be the best of Heupel’s tenure.
Think spillman may have a slightly tougher time seeing meaningful snaps due to pilli telander and Carter… then he has to go over herring who has a lot of experience and others like Perry and Jalen smith who are athletic guys with years in the system but he looked like a dude out there… boo on the other hand due to so much turnover in the secondary I believe he is starting at star or safety come mid year…

One does not have to be a 24-hour da day fan to have known that the O&W game was limited to 10,000 because of construction. Agree that some fans are more attentive of what is going on than others, however, if one had read the Football Forum of this board once in the last 6 weeks, one would have known the limited ticket sale.
Calm down. It’s the offseason.

You do realize, "fan" is short for fanatic. If they're not, they're not. 🤷‍♂️😉
And you do realize some people come on here and read a bit and then go about their actual lives, right? Some people don't live and die BIG ORANGE VOLUNTEER. God bless you if you do, but this crap of 'do better' and other crap to put perfectly fine casual posters down should stop. Freaking losers always looking to put other people down.

One does not have to be a 24-hour da day fan to have known that the O&W game was limited to 10,000 because of construction. Agree that some fans are more attentive of what is going on than others, however, if one had read the Football Forum of this board once in the last 6 weeks, one would have known the limited ticket sale.
But what if one didn't? Big reason to make a snarky statement? Too much of that on this site these days.

Last edited:
Did you watch the game? If so, you'd have heard that attendance was limited due to construction. The TV commentators mentioned it like every 15 minutes or so.

Did you watch the game? If so, you'd have heard that attendance was limited due to construction. The TV commentators mentioned it like every 15 minutes or so.
Did you read the post? It stated that the crowd was limited to 10,000. If you want to be a rebel, at least read what is posted.

jokes-joke.gif

And you do realize some people come on here and read a bit and then go about their actual lives, right? Some people don't live and die BIG ORANGE VOLUNTEER. God bless you if you do, but this crap of 'do better' and other crap to put perfectly fine casual posters down should stop. Freaking losers always looking to put other people down.
Fair point. Will try to be mindful of my tone.

Meanwhile, about the Spring ... did they name a "most improved" player? I was thinking they used to do this, one for offense and one for D.

VN Store

Back