BOLD 2018 college football predictions

Keller Chryst clearly establishes himself as our starting QB and has the best year as a passer we've had since Tyler Bray.

Unfortunately we dont make a bowl game.

Wow, that’s quite a bold prediction for a guy who’s never completed more than 56% of his passes, never thrown more than 10 td passes in a season, and never thrown for even 1,000 yards in a single year.....all while playing in a conference known for not playing much defense.

But hey, the OP said make your prediction “bold”.....that’s definitely “bold”.

This I believe. TV contracts are running out which makes realignment possible.

With 4 four team divisions, there will be two extra revenue generating games for the SEC Championship.

The Big 12 will get raided to prop up the other Power 5 schools up to 16 teams.

Oklahoma is a sure thing for the SEC, when realignment happens. The 2nd school remains the question.

Wow, that’s quite a bold prediction for a guy who’s never completed more than 56% of his passes, never thrown more than 10 td passes in a season, and never thrown for even 1,000 yards in a single year.....all while playing in a conference known for not playing much defense.

But hey, the OP said make your prediction “bold”.....that’s definitely “bold”.
I was going to say his "bold" was more "unrealistic" than "bold."

Reactions: 1 person
UT wins 5 SEC games and finishes top 3 in the East.

I'm not sure if that's bold or unrealistic...

Alabama does not make the playoff.

Dan Mullen is photographed molesting a sea turtle.

Reactions: 3 people
Oklahoma is a sure thing for the SEC, when realignment happens. The 2nd school remains the question.

Oklahoma? How are yo so certain?

I would certainly take them in the West.
But, then you have to add a team for the East.

I would think Virginia Tech and West Virginia would be likely canadiates, but that's pure speculation.

Personally I’d like seeing va tech and tcu come to the sec.

VA Tech or NC team not necessarily the best thing for TN from a recruiting standpoint but I like VA Tech for a future rivalry.

I think it is OK and either KanSt, Okst, Baylor or a VA/NC team to better propagate TV markets for SEC. I wouldn't totally rule out snagging Maryland from B1G either.

Me personally, I would like to add FSU and Miami to dilute Florida's recruiting grounds.

Last edited:
Oklahoma? How are yo so certain?

I would certainly take them in the West.
But, then you have to add a team for the East.

I would think Virginia Tech and West Virginia would be likely canadiates, but that's pure speculation.

When we go to 16 teams, there will be 4 four team divisions. and it will take 2 more revenue generating games to determine the SEC Champion.

May our division include KY, Vandy and either SCAR or Mizzou.

In over 100 years of playing football, Auburn has never had back-to-back 10 win regular seasons. So your CFP pick is historically bold.

I do think Ala wins the West and Auburn 2nd. Auburn's schedule is much tougher than Alabama's and it's not even close. Especially when you compare Non Conference and cross division schedules. Way easier path for Ala to get to the CFP and to win the West.

I don't see realignment in the SEC happening anytime soon and definitely don't see it being OU. It would kill their Ok St and Texas Rivalry. Wouldn't make much sense for OU to leave the Big 12 and their 2 biggest rivals.

I don't see realignment in the SEC happening anytime soon and definitely don't see it being OU. It would kill their Ok St and Texas Rivalry. Wouldn't make much sense for OU to leave the Big 12 and their 2 biggest rivals.

aTm dumped their rivalry with Texas!

Nebraska dumped OK.

Miami-FL rivalry put to part time when Miami joined ACC.

Georgia Tech and Alabama used to be a big deal.

Auburn used to play Tennessee and Florida every year.

Last edited:
This I believe. TV contracts are running out which makes realignment possible.

With 4 four team divisions, there will be two extra revenue generating games for the SEC Championship.

The Big 12 will get raided to prop up the other Power 5 schools up to 16 teams.

It will almost be impossible for teams to leave their conference in the next decade because of Rights agreements. The SEC TV contract isn't up for quite a while. The earliest any power 5 conference contract is up is in 2023. The SEC/CBS contract isn't up till 2024 and the one with ESPN is up in 2034. The CFP contract isn't up till 2025 and no alignment will happen before then.T he next real change will be in 2 yrs when the 4 team CFP contract is up and that will expand. Just a matter of how much. 6-8 with 8 teams being the more likely. There's no way conference's add more conference championship games with more CFP games almost guaranteed to happen.

I don't see anyway OU joins the SEC unless Ok St and Texas do too. OU isn't gonna hurt their 2 biggest rivalry games. That would be like TN not being in a conf with Ala or Florida.

Don't believe this is true. Oklahoma's president is the one leading the campaign for Big 12 expansion. They also aren't killing their two biggest Rivalries in Ok St and Texas. Oklahoma won't be joining the SEC anytime soon especially without Ok St.

aTm dumped their rivalry with Texas!

Nebraska dumped OK.

Miami-FL rivalry put to part time when Miami joined ACC.

Georgia Tech and Alabama used to be a big deal.

Auburn used to play Tennessee and Florida every year.

Auburn and TN had no choice but to have that ended and they didn't change conferences. Fla St and Mia are much bigger rivals that Fla and Miami. Plus Fla and Mia weren't in the same conference.. Ala could care less about Ga Tech and that ended back in the 60's.Nebraska was given an Ultimatum by the Big 12 commissioner and they had a falling out with the conference. They got an extra 15 million in TV revenue from the Big 10, which the Big 12 wasn't offering. Texas and OU run the Big 12 and seem to be life partners. Nebraska really didn't dump OU, they wanted the royal treatment Texas and OU were getting from the conference and didn't get it.

Not the potential alliance with the Pac 12. There's been talks of either staying status quo or look again into expanding. A lot will be determined by the Big 12 being a regular in the CFP.

That potential alliance went by the wayside. The Big XII is currently partnered with the SEC (hence the new Sugar Bowl deal). The Big 10 and Pac 12 worked to screw over the Big XII and scuttled their idea to form divisions.

That potential alliance went by the wayside. The Big XII is currently partnered with the SEC (hence the new Sugar Bowl deal). The Big 10 and Pac 12 worked to screw over the Big XII and scuttled their idea to form divisions.

Ah ok.. I've fallen behind on some of that stuff..The favoritism Texas and OU get will end up being the death of that conference before it's over with. Still don't ever see OU joining the SEC unless the Big 12 crashes. They have it made over there and a much easier path to the CFP. Really no excuse for either OU or Texas not to be in the CFP talks every year.

UT goes 8-4

And even bolder for you, Bama goes 8-4 as well. Auburn and UGA rematch in the SEC, Auburn wins the SECCG this time around.

Playoff will be

1.USC
2.Auburn
3.Texas
4.Virginia Tech

Hokies win it all in historic fashion.

VA Tech or NC team not necessarily the best thing for TN from a recruiting standpoint but I like VA Tech for a future rivalry.

I think it is OK and either KanSt, Okst, Baylor or a VA/NC team to better propagate TV markets for SEC. I wouldn't totally rule out snagging Maryland from B1G either.

Me personally, I would like to add FSU and Miami to dilute Florida's recruiting grounds.

Florida would NEVER allow Miami or FSU just like Georgia and SC will NEVER allow Georgia Tech and Clemson.

IMO if the SEC expands it will be based on TV markets so I look for them to add a school that will bring in the D.C. TV market. It would be nice to add Miami for the South Florida TV market.

VN Store

Back