BR predicts Vols W-L record

I'm going with 9-3, too. Agree on the Bama loss and think we'll drop two out of four to Oklahoma, Arky, UGA and Mizzou. IMO, the Oklahoma game comes early-- always risky with young players and an O-line not yet settled. The Hogs will play us tough, and the team could be banged up coming into the UGA game. Mizzou is away, and we haven't played well against them in the past. I would love to beat UGA and Mizzou and win the East... but Mizzou has the advantage with their favorable schedule. Should be a fun year with a lot of great games!

Reactions: 1 person
The writer got just one game definitely wrong. We're gonna own Oklahoma in Neyland this year.

A few others could go either way, won't argue with him about those. But he squibbed the Oklahoma pick.

Agree completely. We're not losing to Oklahoma. We're losing to either Arkansas or Georgia in the back to back at home. We're gonna lose at Alabama. And we might lose the game at Missouri.

I have us going 10-2 or 9-3 with the swing game being AT MISSOURI. If we win that game, we'll be 10-2 (6-2). We'll win the East because Missouri will have at least one other SEC loss before we play them and the victory over them in November will give us the tie-breaker. And then its off to Atlanta where anything can happen. Who knows, why might mess around and find ourselves in the playoff.

Agree with everything except the fact that we will beat Oklahoma.. which puts us at 10-2.. My prediction since the beginning.

Alabama and Georgia are our only 2 losses.. and I think we have a decent chance at beating Georgia on top of all that.

I cannot wait to see all of the Negavols spontaneously combust if we go 11-1.

Although I can also see them starting threads about how CBJ is not the answer or else we would have beaten Bama because 11-1 is not good enough, even though they predicted barely 7 wins before the season....

Agree with everything except the fact that we will beat Oklahoma.. which puts us at 10-2.. My prediction since the beginning.

Alabama and Georgia are our only 2 losses.. and I think we have a decent chance at beating Georgia on top of all that.

I cannot wait to see all of the Negavols spontaneously combust if we go 11-1.

Although I can also see them starting threads about how CBJ is not the answer or else we would have beaten Bama because 11-1 is not good enough, even though they predicted
barely 7 wins before the season....
Good luck with that.

Reactions: 3 people
This. Beat Florida and go 9-3 as this BR articile predicts for the regular season and that sets up 2016 to be a great year.
I find it hard to believe anyone stable would be unsatisified with 9-3.

If you're looking for stability from posters, you're in the wrong place :)

IMO if we're going to go 10-2 I would much rather lose to OK than UGA, that way were a shoe in for the east no questions asked, but I agree with the 9-3.

9 wins, it won't happen like BR says it will. The season is not that predictable. Both KY and the cocks will be tense games. I think the old ball coach has one goal this season and that's out Butch Butch. He's not going to end his career with strait losses to UT. KY is tougher than anyone is giving them credit for and that makes them dangerous. I think we are going to give Oklahoma everything we have.

In the comments the author said he was just having some fun on some parts.

Brad tries to be as subjective as possible. Still, he said he wasn't comfortable picking more than 9 wins so he made sure to include a 3rd loss. Seems, while pretty optimistic, at least somewhat subjective considering he covers UT football and tends to be one of the better BR writers.

I can agree with what they are saying except I think were going to take Oklahoma at home. 10 and 2 for the season.

I think BR nailed a very likely scenario.

I think UT has a better chance of losing to Arkansas than either UF or OU. I do not think UT will lose to UGA at home. In fact, I think Richt is poised to have one of those seasons.

BG - W
OK - W
WC - W
@UF - W
Ark - L
UGA - W
@Bama - L
@UK - W
SC - W
NT - W
@Mizz - L
Vandy - W

Why Mizzou? Do you think UT will choke? Do you think Pinkel is that much better than Jones? I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that Mizzou has a more talented roster.

They are dreaming unless the O-line shows major improvement. Giving up FIVE sacks to UTC last year did it for me. Need to replace both tackles and center at the least.

Why Mizzou? Do you think UT will choke? Do you think Pinkel is that much better than Jones? I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that Mizzou has a more talented roster.

Missouri is a tough team. They're the two time defending SEC East champs for a reason. I think we can beat them next year, but IMO its the second toughest game on our schedule after Alabama.

I feel more comfortable predicting wins over Oklahoma and Georgia than Missouri.

Missouri is a tough team. They're the two time defending SEC East champs for a reason. I think we can beat them next year, but IMO its the second toughest game on our schedule after Alabama.

I feel more comfortable predicting wins over Oklahoma and Georgia than Missouri.

They are two-time SEC East champs because of their pass rush. And I think it's extremely unlikely that they strike gold a third year in a row and have another excellent duo.

We fill the Mizzou role this year, IMO. They're a 7-8 win team.

Loss to OU...No.

My wife is an OU grad, and I've taken a lot from her and her cronies over the years.

We destroy them with extreme prejudice.

...pls?

VN Store

Back