BREAKING: Knoxville police investigate alleged rape involving UT football player

If it's possible to delete this thread, I would in a heartbeat. It's the best thing for All involved, most importantly the victim. At the same time, let's give the OP a break.

If it's possible to delete this thread, I would in a heartbeat. It's the best thing for All involved, most importantly the victim. At the same time, let's give the OP a break.

I'm not trying to disrespect the OP at all. We can thank him for breaking it here first, I guess, but there's no reason to the name the player.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't see how this is a misunderstanding when there were 3 separate people who talked to a University of Tennessee police officer in a secure room in Hodges Library to give a witness statement. I guess the other two witness statements would only be what they witnessed the girl say, and hers would be actually what happened.

FWIW, love him as a player, but they're have a reputation for being pretty creepy with girls in person during social settings.

WTH does this mean?

Reactions: 5 people
I just don't see how this is a misunderstanding when there were 3 separate people who talked to a University of Tennessee police officer in a secure room in Hodges Library to give a witness statement. I guess the other two witness statements would only be what they witnessed the girl say, and hers would be actually what happened.

FWIW, love him as a player, but they're have a reputation for being pretty creepy with girls in person during social settings.

Who is "they're"?

Reactions: 3 people
What if nothing comes of it. Then you just did this for nothing. Why not wait and let the appropriate people handle it?

This.

If this all turns out to be true, then I'd guess we'll hear all about it in the next couple of days. In the meantime, this is just a bad idea. It's a rumor started by one person with incomplete information (no offense, OP, but you have no idea what went on behind closed doors... that goes for any contact between the accused and this woman, as well as any statements taken by the police). You can have your e-cred points if this ends up being true, but until then, I hope somebody kills this thread.

OP, I don't blame you for bringing this info to VN, but I agree with others that it was probably a poor choice to name the player. If true, we'll all hear about it soon enough.

Okay then, JUCO transfer Lavon Pearson. That's what she said.

Also, why did you phrase it that way? "JUCO transfer Lavon Pearson"? Trying to make it more dramatic? Forgive me if I wait to hear it from somewhere official and not from some frat bro on a message board that says football players are creepy around girls in social settings.

Reactions: 5 people
Kinda odd that it would be him after all he went through just to get here. Working at a fast food restaurant and what not.

Also, why did you phrase it that way? "JUCO transfer Lavon Pearson"? Trying to make it more dramatic? Forgive me if I wait to hear it from somewhere official and not from some frat bro on a message board that says football players are creepy around girls in social settings.

Kind of Ironic, right?

Attachments

• frat.jpg
    frat.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,400
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
611-race.png

He named names. Blacklisted...

I'm not saying you're lying and I really hope it isn't true, but you really shouldn't have posted his name. No matter what comes of this you have tainted his reputation to many people without him having any opportunity to defend himself.

Reactions: 8 people
I appreciate you posting his name bc it adds more validity to your story. People will know sooner or later if true, so why not now...

Reactions: 15 people
Thanks for bringing the info OP. Doesn't matter who was named - it's been done.

Now let's get a mod to blast this post.

Reactions: 2 people
This may have happened and if true, he should be gone, but keep in mind that Coleman Thomas was just accused of something that he didn't do. In time the facts will come out, but until then, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I hope the young lady is okay regardless if this is true or not.

Reactions: 4 people
This whole story could have waited. There was absolutely no reason to post this thread except to draw attention to yourself as being the first to post about it.

This whole "I posted to keep people from wondering where he was if he wasn't at the O&W game tomorrow" is a big pile of bullsh**.

Whether true or not.....you posted this for the attention.

Reactions: 16 people

Hell, we just saw a whole load of BS come out about UVA from what many people would consider to be a reputable source.

Now, I honestly take OP's word more than the Rolling Stone, but that isn't saying too much. This is the kind of thing that doesn't need to be posted.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back