Brent Hubbs on 104.5 just said...

Good Lord, overreact much?

I'm not saying our class wont end up being better than Alabama's in the long run. I'm not saying having the #2 class wouldn't be fantastic. All I'm simply saying is that Hubbs is wrong because NUMERICALLY, based on current commitment's overall scores, no one is catching up to Bama's recruiting class. Some of you knuckleheads are so damn touchy.

Wrong. They have 4 5*s and we have 3. If we swung Richmond and added another 4-5* it would put us right there with them. They only count top 20.
Their class will be hard to catch and likely will not be surpassed, correct, but NUMERICALLY, it COULD happen

I dont know about all the recruiting services, but according to 247sports...

2000 - #1
2001 - #4
2002 - #3

That would be three top 4 classes in a row. I don't know about the 90s, CNT find that.

Was there a 247sports in the early 2000's or just recently.....I think they've only been around less than 5 years.

Was there a 247sports in the early 2000's or just recently.....I think they've only been around less than 5 years.

Here are the URLs... I don't know how long they have been around.

247sports.com/season/2000-football/CompositeTeamRankings
247sports.com/season/2001-football/CompositeTeamRankings
247sports.com/season/2002-football/CompositeTeamRankings

Reactions: 1 person
I think CJ asked a silent commit to commit today to show that his hiring DeBord makes no difference in recruiting like the negas are posting. He said he is the boss and will put us back on top if you get off his back and let him continue to do what is necessary.

GoVols!

I dont know about all the recruiting services, but according to 247sports...

2000 - #1
2001 - #4
2002 - #3

That would be three top 4 classes in a row. I don't know about the 90s, CNT find that.

Yeah, I can't find the rankings for 2000, but OJ Owens, Jason Respert, Michael Munoz, Casey Clausen, and Sean Young were all top 50 guys we signed. I'd be stunned if that didn't put us in the top 5.

And yeah, you can see online where 247 has kept a database of the recruiting classes of 2001 and 2002 and we are in the top 5 of both.

So, I'd say Hubbs' info is wrong, but nonetheless, if Butch finishes with another top 5 class this year, you'd have to say that his recruiting is right up there with the best we've ever had.

Great class!! Cbj is doing way better in recruiting than I thought he could do.. I thought top 10 would be his range max...

Wrong. They have 4 5*s and we have 3. If we swung Richmond and added another 4-5* it would put us right there with them. They only count top 20.
Their class will be hard to catch and likely will not be surpassed, correct, but NUMERICALLY, it COULD happen

Outside of Richmond, I don't see us adding anyone else. If anything we're going to tell some commitments to look elsewhere. At the current rate we're going to have a roster greater than 85 players. Something has to give.

I find it sad that some think Butch is dumb enough to only consider class ranking when recruiting. He's the coach. Sure, he loves the idea of having a high ranking just to satisfy the fans, but he also knows class ranking means little if you don't fill your needs. If cuts happen, he'll choose carefully, and it won't be off of star rankings. I think Ford already proved that.
It's nice to have options.

61d1f68e819137713cfc72cefaf61450c5e67bf891729ad954d16f33b9fff617.jpg

Lulzing @ the same posters praising CBJ for his prowess in this aspect of being HC in this thread and roasting him for his possible decisions in another aspect of being HC. You idiots make me laugh each and every day. Kudos

Reactions: 6 people
Care to summarize? Probably will be much of the same but it would still be nice to know if he adds anything new

I didn't listenn closely, but they did seem kind of optimistic that TN gets Richmond's final visit. Touched on the announcement today. He's still on sportsanimal99.com

Thinks Pat Allen is a no

I didn't listenn closely, but they did seem kind of optimistic that TN gets Richmond's final visit. Touched on the announcement today. He's still on sportsanimal99.com

Thinks Pat Allen is a no

I'd agree with Allen being a no. If he wouldn't commit to UGA without an O coord, why would he suddenly commit to UT without an OC? Maybe cause the OL coach is still here, but it doesn't make as much sense to me...

Yeah, I can't find the rankings for 2000, but OJ Owens, Jason Respert, Michael Munoz, Casey Clausen, and Sean Young were all top 50 guys we signed. I'd be stunned if that didn't put us in the top 5.

And yeah, you can see online where 247 has kept a database of the recruiting classes of 2001 and 2002 and we are in the top 5 of both.

So, I'd say Hubbs' info is wrong, but nonetheless, if Butch finishes with another top 5 class this year, you'd have to say that his recruiting is right up there with the best we've ever had.

Could it be he is just speaking about Rivals rankings since thats the company on his paychecks?

VN Store

Back