Bruce Pearl & Candace Parker

Both were gushing over Tennessee's win over Creighton, Bruce "GO VOLS" and Parker told Bruce "Don't be humble, You were the one who brought Tennessee Men's Basketball back to Prominence" (Paraphrased) Surreal Moment....... Deep down, Pearl Is a VOL.
If and when Barnes retires (and it could be this year) Pearl would be my first call as AD. He loved Knoxville, and it can't be the same on the plains. He's even still got a wing of the hospital named after him.

All true. But he served his punishment, and it’s way past time for everyone to just move on.

Bruce is in a good situation, and so is UT. So, it’s all good, all the way around.

I think it’s obvious that UT will always be a special place to him. And if presented with the opportunity, I think he’d likely run back to Knoxville.

No way, no how am I suggesting UT shouod make a move of any kind away from Coach Barnes. A class act and a great coach. But, if Coach Barnes surprisingly retired, I’d be just fine if UT looked at Bruce.
If he makes he FF, Barnes may feel like that is a good note to go out on. Knect is a once or twice in a career player to coach, and he's now in the HOF. He's got nothing else to prove, and it's getting a lot harder now in the NIL age.

If and when Barnes retires (and it could be this year) Pearl would be my first call as AD. He loved Knoxville, and it can't be the same on the plains. He's even still got a wing of the hospital named after him.

Pearl is not coming back here. Whoever the next coach is at Tennessee, they will be younger. We aren’t hiring a 64 year old coach to replace a 69 year old coach. People love Pearl, I get it, but his time here is over as it should be.

Reactions: knoxvol52

64 years old is too old to restart the program. Kim English could be the first call. If Barnes has influence Schwartz, Oliver, and Lanier would be considered.

Reactions: knoxvol52
To make a point: Were Pearls lies told to protect himself or the young recruit who eventually chose OSU? And does that make any difference to you?

Reactions: kcvols1
If he makes he FF, Barnes may feel like that is a good note to go out on. Knect is a once or twice in a career player to coach, and he's now in the HOF. He's got nothing else to prove, and it's getting a lot harder now in the NIL age.

Even with as much as he’s already banked, not leaving another $25 million on the table ought to keep him interested in sticking around.

64 years old is too old to restart the program. Kim English could be the first call. If Barnes has influence Schwartz, Oliver, and Lanier would be considered.

Ugh, let’s hope not. Love those guys for what they did for Tennessee but I think even Barnes is smart enough to know they aren’t head coach material of a Top 15 job in the sport.

Any Tennessee basketball fan that hates Bruce Pearl is ignorant as hell. Point blank period. Will always have love and respect for what he did for this program. With that said, Barnes is the greatest coach in school history. Let’s go win that natty

Any Tennessee basketball fan that hates Bruce Pearl is ignorant as hell. Point blank period. Will always have love and respect for what he did for this program. With that said, Barnes is the greatest coach in school history. Let’s go win that natty
Why no Mears mentions--- SEC basketball was all UK until the Mears era. He and Stu put UT on the map recruiting wise.

You could see that Parker still appreciates Bruce and the support he gave to Summitt and the Lady Vols while he was at UT.

Well you have to remember during Bruce's time here, no other men's coach or program did anything to the level he did to promote the same school's women's program. Not that Pat and the Ladies needed the promotion, but Bruce did everything he could to keep things newsworthy

Reactions: 007Racer
He got fired for repeatedly lying to the NCAA and UT.

Well he did have a completely moronic AD and Admin..... You think if any of the blue bloods had an AD and Admin with inside info, they wouldn't warn their coach proactively?

The people seething over Bruce giving Barnes and his former school credit for going to Elite 8 are mind boggling to me.

Take the hype and compliment from a former coach who was a fan favorite and move one. There is literally not one reason to be anything but happy today.

Well you have to remember during Bruce's time here, no other men's coach or program did anything to the level he did to promote the same school's women's program. Not that Pat and the Ladies needed the promotion, but Bruce did everything he could to keep things newsworthy

I’d consider it more an attempt at associating himself with an all time great coach and program than promoting them.

I am glad we have Rick Barnes as our coach and wouldn't trade him for anyone. I'm not a fan that pines for the return of Bruce Pearl, but I do appreciate how important his tenure was to the resurrection of Tennessee's basketball fortunes. I have always felt that he has handled the subject of Tennessee with class and dignity when it comes up or he gets asked about it.

I personally think Bruce is too old for a return. While I would love him to come back, I think Barnes is going to be given some say in his replacement and I can only hope that Kim English has Providence rolling when Barnes' time to call it quits comes.

I’d consider it more an attempt at associating himself with an all time great coach and program than promoting them.

Yeah because a men's coach going shirtless and making his team paint their bodies for a women's game was totally the norm and not something out of the blue.... My God you people are miserable

Yeah because a men's coach going shirtless and making his team paint their bodies for a women's game was totally the norm and not something out of the blue.... My God you people are miserable

Thanks for proving my point. He got more attention for himself from that stunt than the LVs got.

Reactions: EasternVol
Thanks for proving my point. He got more attention for himself for that stunt than the LVs got.

Wrong. Because Pat paid it back.... Literally doing things that no other school or men/women's programs were doing.

You really should avoid taking downers and opt for some uppers. There is no way you are this miserable after last night. I refuse to believe it.

Yep, that was my point. Nobody else was doing it, so nobody would have said anything if he didn't. But he came out and added to the spirit. I liked seeing that. How many coaches would paint their chests for the team like he did?

I am just concerned that he told bad bald-faced lies to the NCAA. He got what he ordered and I am not sure he has changed his character.
I don’t disagree, but at the same time I can appreciate what he did for the basketball program.

I don’t hate Bruce Pearl nor wish harm on him or his family.

He gave me some of the best moments to watch growing up as a kid. He took Tennessee in basketball to a level that was never seen before.

However, his time here is over and that’s the way it needs to stay.

Folks who feel this way clearly don’t remember Kevin O’Neill or Buzz Peterson.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
I don’t hate Bruce Pearl nor wish harm on him or his family.

He gave me some of the best moments to watch growing up as a kid. He took Tennessee in basketball to a level that was never seen before.

However, his time here is over and that’s the way it needs to stay.

Pearl himself I have nothing against. His son is a douchebag, but that's not really on Bruce.

But the Pearl slurpers who put him above the program and bashed Barnes using him, can go pound sand and pound it over and over.

Also I've said this and stay firm, if he had gone to a non-SEC team besides Memphis I would root for him. But he went to an SEC team. So I hope loses every time.

VN Store

Back