Bryce Drew

Rick Barnes is a safe name hire Dallas. Don't fall in love with what you think you know about him. Hiring him for UT basketball is somewhat akin to UK hiring Fulmer after we let him go.

In the media's eyes it's the ceiling.

My top choice was Dan Hurley

Last year I was gung ho on Michael White. I've cooled a little on him - was hoping to see him make the big dance. But I still think he would be a great hire. Holtmann is right there too.

Then among the group I wouldn't be disappointed with: Underwood, Drew, Barnes. I'm on the fence about Barnes because we know what we'll get, and I feel like it's limited upside. But based on the current state of the program, it might not be that bad of a thing in the long run to have him take over for a few years before retiring.

I think you need to research more. White dominated C-USA and got tripped up in one tourney game. C-USA was so bad that they didn't get an at large. I can't fathom that deserves cooling on him as a choice.

I think you need to research more. White dominated C-USA and got tripped up in one tourney game. C-USA was so bad that they didn't get an at large. I can't fathom that deserves cooling on him as a choice.

Research more? You are taking what I say to extremes.

Just because I say Drew isn't my top choice doesn't mean I think he's a terrible coach. Just because I said I've cooled slightly on White doesn't mean he isn't still my top choice. Yes, I wish he had made the big dance. Considering how good his team was last year and the pieces he had coming back - I expected him to make the big dance. Thus it's a little disappointing they didn't. C-USA was bad, but I also think his team this year wasn't quite as good as it was last year. So I can be a little disappointing how this year shook out, but still think he's a great coach.

Research more? You are taking what I say to extremes.

Just because I say Drew isn't my top choice doesn't mean I think he's a terrible coach. Just because I said I've cooled slightly on White doesn't mean he isn't still my top choice. Yes, I wish he had made the big dance. Considering how good his team was last year and the pieces he had coming back - I expected him to make the big dance. Thus it's a little disappointing they didn't. C-USA was bad, but I also think his team this year wasn't quite as good as it was last year. So I can be a little disappointing how this year shook out, but still think he's a great coach.

I'm not taking it to extreme I'm just pointing out cooling in a coach at any level because he lost one ballgame is you going a little overboard.

I'm not taking it to extreme I'm just pointing out cooling in a coach at any level because he lost one ballgame is you going a little overboard.

When I say I've cooled slightly, it's extremely subjective. Like I said, I was gung ho on him last year and pissed we didn't get him. This year he's still my top choice, but I won't be as pissed if we go to option B.

Also... It's not just this year he's tripped up in the conference tournament. The more is happens the more disappointing it is. Especially based on the team he returned from last year.

I believe most of our fan base could get behind Drew being hired here. I for one could, along with several other coaches.

When I say I've cooled slightly, it's extremely subjective. Like I said, I was gung ho on him last year and pissed we didn't get him. This year he's still my top choice, but I won't be as pissed if we go to option B.

Also... It's not just this year he's tripped up in the conference tournament. The more is happens the more disappointing it is. Especially based on the team he returned from last year.

Gotcha

VN Store

Back