BTO’s South Carolina postgame report

Yup. It's kinda sad that I wasn't expecting that shot to go in.

Makes it a little easier to swallow considering he's a sophomore.

He certainly doesn't finish those enough. Hard to understand. He will at some point and when he does watch out

Yeah, I'm hoping Walker gained some confidence and continues to build on this performance. Like I said, UT needs him when Kyle is in foul trouble or disappears. Be nice to have both of them clicking, tho

He certainly showed up tonight but we need him doing that every night..... we can’t afford to put him out there to just get experience as it were .....for him to get time he must play like he did tonight otherwise he’ll be on that bench as well .....

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. What can he do ? Zone defense?

I thought we planned to really take inside away and we did that. We didn't expect them to make so many 3s but it was how we planned to attack them. We did force a good deal of permitted TOs tonight with steals. I didn't think it was that bad.

Reactions: 2 people
He certainly showed up tonight but we need him doing that every night..... we can’t afford to put him out there to just get experience as it were .....for him to get time he must play like he did tonight otherwise he’ll be on that bench as well .....

Agree. Hoping a little success will give him the confidence to continue to play his game. Sometimes that's all a player needs to take the next step

Great win but if I could critic some, I think Tennessee didn’t pound it inside enough and early enough in shot clock. Should have fouled all of SC big men out. Too much dribbling around out front accomplishing nothing. JMO.

Great win but if I could critic some, I think Tennessee didn’t pound it inside enough and early enough in shot clock. Should have fouled all of SC big men out. Too much dribbling around out front accomplishing nothing. JMO.

Not sure what to make of it but it appeared to me we were content to rest on offense by dribbling the ball until late in the shot clock clock. We shot a high % but it wasn't the "good" offense we have seen this year. Turner bailed us out a lot

Says the one that whines so much about the recruiting, despite them playing with everyone on their schedule. Those high recruits at UK pissed away their chance at USC while our average ranked ones won.

In his defense, hasnt Kentucky finished ahead of us every season since Bruce Pearl was here. That being said, I am pleased with what coach Barnes is accomplishing so far this year....Go Vols!!

Good, insightful posts on here tonight. No disputing that was a big win. I knew Walker gaining playing time needed to happen. Bone and Daniel need to get it together consistently at the point. I'm surprised CRB has allowed Bone to continue his line drive shooting on the fly this long. Turner saved the day. Bowden's needs to figure it out as well. The team energy and effort is what they need to bring each and every game. They didn't have it at Mizzou.

Good, insightful posts on here tonight. No disputing that was a big win. I knew Walker gaining playing time needed to happen. Bone and Daniel need to get it together consistently at the point. I'm surprised CRB has allowed Bone to continue his line drive shooting on the fly this long. Turner saved the day. Bowden's needs to figure it out as well. The team energy and effort is what they need to bring each and every game. They didn't have it at Mizzou.

The strange part of about Bone is before the Mizzu game he was shooting a very solid % from outside. The shots he takes inside the lane are the ones that bring down his % which seems crazy.

I thought we planned to really take inside away and we did that. We didn't expect them to make so many 3s but it was how we planned to attack them. We did force a good deal of permitted TOs tonight with steals. I didn't think it was that bad.

That was clearly the plan. On the season they are a very bad shooting team. They just had a good night against us.

Turner bring a lot of things to the table: he's a fantastic rebounder, his on ball defense is solid, and he's a streaky shooter, but when he gets hot (like today) he can score in bunches. He is not, however, a point guard. Bone and Bowden didn't play much in the second half, either, and I'm guessing that's because of defensive lapses, which is why Daniel saw more time, and even Darrington, who hasn't played in a while, got in briefly. One thing that has been consistent about Barnes: if you don't play D, you sit down.

Didn't get to watch tonight because of work. Why did Alexander only get 14 minutes? Did Walker take some of his and Fulkerson? Either way great to see that production from Walker. Always great getting a conference road win.

Didn't get to watch tonight because of work. Why did Alexander only get 14 minutes? Did Walker take some of his and Fulkerson? Either way great to see that production from Walker. Always great getting a conference road win.

I was a little surprised by that as well...Walker was playing well and I guess you can’t really have both on the floor together.

I was a little surprised by that as well...Walker was playing well and I guess you can’t really have both on the floor together.

That's what I kinda figured. Is a little shocking with how well Alexander had been playing. Can't complain about what Walker did at all. If Alexander does have one of his games with a lot of fouls hopefully Walker can step right in now.

You can't say enough about the team's grit in hanging on for the W in a hostile environment. Cocks made SO many runs at us but we didn't wilt. Confidence in closing out close games is huge.

There went my theory. Bone and Bowden combined for 1 point and we won. Might be time to experiment with some starting line up changes.

Perimeter defense is our demise. Barnes HAS GOT to fix it.
A lot of loose ball 3’s last night. I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a defensive problem. Hard to hustle for loose balls, and maintain their defense. Seemed like every other shot they made came off a loose ball scramble.

VN Store

Back