Butch and staff

Just got home long night. The majority of posters picked us to go 6 and 6 at the beginning of the year! Good Lord!

Got to love fans that are talking crap are bandwagon fans. Really its a old idea really. And no I am not calling for coaches to get fired just get better at teaching young guys to be better.

Deserve an F for this game. Was not prepared at all. Looks like they took the week off. Vanilla play calling. What a bunch of garbage. My high expectations for next year have dropped after looking at tonight.

My expectations for you as a fan also are diminished. You have potential but your mental toughness is lacking as is your ability to constructively review a game and the various impacts out of a coach's control.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh let's forget that Missouri is leading the SEC East. Yes they got beat by Indiana and got blown out by GA. They had two bad games. Did we really think that UT would dominate them? Everyone who understands football knew that Tenn would have to play an almost perfect game to win. We were lulled into a delusion of winning big because Dobbs ran by two defenses that are worse than our OLINE. How many times have we heard this Oline say that Dobbs covers our mistakes? Well Missouri just reminded us all that our Oline is weak. Stop yelling for coaches to be fired.

Reactions: 1 person
Deserve an F for this game. Was not prepared at all. Looks like they took the week off. Vanilla play calling. What a bunch of garbage. My high expectations for next year have dropped after looking at tonight.

Yeah right? It's like something else had the entire teams attention all week and it wasn't the coming game!

It's hilarious reading these goof ball posts. It's scary that 18 other people "like" these goof ball posts.

Tough loss. Over matched O Line, couldn't run the football, and no deep threat last night. Loss of our best player and emotional leader hurt us. That being said, as far as the coaching comment, I would have liked to have seen more draws and screen plays, both on the outside zone and middle screens. That would have helped slow the rush. Mizzou could rush only 4 and disrupt our entire O. Butch and his staff are not perfect but we hung in there most of the game against a better team.

May we please see your credentials indicating your ability to competently judge the performance of the coaching staff? Thanks:)

Maybe.

But consider, Tennessee started 7 true freshmen and 5 sophomores.

Missouri started 20 players that have had a redshirt year, most of them juniors or seniors.

What I saw was a lot of the same plays called that worked the last two games but were blown up this game by a much more experienced and better football team.

Here comes the FAHR the coach no nothing emotional little girl crowd.:cray: Let's get a new staff and start over again so we can keep going 5-7 for the next 5 years.

We lost to a better team. We are getting some better players and the future is bright.

I wasn't surprised. Our O-line got exposed again by really good D ends. USCjr's and UK's D ends suck so we had great success against them.
Considering we were down AJ, Williams, North, 2 oline, 2 d line, and playing against the officiating that took place, I would say we played pretty well.
How they hell did they miss the face mask on VP in the 1st half that would have give us the ball inside the 10?

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Could we have scored a TD with our last possession of the 1st half?

All Butch had to do was call a time out and force Mizzou to punt with 1:50 in the 2nd quarter. Instead he let the clock run and we get the ball with about 1:20 to play. We have 3 time outs and the ball at the 25-30 yard line. What do we do? We run the clock out and take 3 time outs to the locker room with us.

We lose this game by a TD and 2 point conversion. We will never know, but Butch's decision could have made a difference in the outcome. We do know that Butch sure was not playing to win.

If you will go back and look at the UGA film from last year he did the same thing. I was screaming then about it and again last night. The problem we have is that we have hired a Big East coaching staff to learn on the job in the SEC. I think the best this staff ever does here will be 9-3, or 8-4. That guy at Missouri is doing a whole lot more with less talent than Butch has.

Missouri is a good team with a strength (D-line) that clearly exploited our biggest weak point on the offensive line ... Thanks again, Derek Dooley and Mike Hamilton.

That being said, this was our most disappointing performance of the year except for the Florida loss. Clock mismanagement down the stretch was a killer. However, as someone else said, that Josh Malone INT was a back-breaker. Typical that it would come at such a bad time. We are snake-bit, plain and simple. Need to shake that somehow. The coaching performance tonight didn't help.

Being in the same spot as last year, having to beat Vandy to get bowl eligible, is extremely disappointing. It highlights how bad that UF loss earlier this year really was.

The team needs to pull it together. We need to not only get to a bowl, we need to actually win it. Otherwise, it's tough to call it significant progress. The recruiting must continue at a blistering pace ... and the in-game coaching needs to improve.

Yeah because there were no distractions at all this week in prep and we got beat by a better team.

Maybe.

But consider, Tennessee started 7 true freshmen and 5 sophomores.

Missouri started 20 players that have had a redshirt year, most of them juniors or seniors.

What I saw was a lot of the same plays called that worked the last two games but were blown up this game by a much more experienced and better football team.

Blown up by the same more experienced team that got blanked by UGA.

It is the end of the season. Those freshman and soph are now really soph and jr. They are showing the results of the training they have received from the best coaching staff in America.

Wow...dude totally went full retard.

Blown up by the same more experienced team that got blanked by UGA.

It is the end of the season. Those freshman and soph are now really soph and jr. They are showing the results of the training they have received from the best coaching staff in America.

So they're playing against SRs and 5th yr SRs?

Its sad that despite playing well enough to start and making a lot of plays and shoeing great promise, some people expect perfection each game.

VN Store

Back