Butch and staff

So they're playing against SRs and 5th yr SRs?

Its sad that despite playing well enough to start and making a lot of plays and shoeing great promise, some people expect perfection each game.

Expectation of perfection from the players each game? No. No athlete performs at their peak every time out.

Expectation of a high level of competency and consistency from the best coaching staff in America, assimilated by the 5th highest paid coach in the USA? Yes.

Reactions: 4 people
Expectation of perfection from the players each game? No. No athlete performs at their peak every time out.

Expectation of a high level of competency and consistency from the best coaching staff in America, assimilated by the 5th highest paid coach in the USA? Yes.

Well they're playing ranked teams all the time, sorry they can't get the bad depleted OL and freshmen to play out of their minds every OTHER game.

Reactions: 1 person

I know 4 head football coaches at the highschool level. They all seem to think Butch is doing a great, not good,a great job.
Only one is a UT fan.
It's not surprising that most don't know what coaching and improvement look like.

I know 4 head football coaches at the highschool level. They all seem to think Butch is doing a great, not good,a great job.
Only one is a UT fan.
It's not surprising that most don't know what coaching and improvement look like.

Yes, folding the tent at the end of the first half with 1:30 left and 3 TO is a super secret wizard move known only to those select few in the cabal.

Only those in the know, know.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, folding the tent at the end of the first half with 1:30 left and 3 TO is a super secret wizard move known only to those select few in the cabal.

Only those in the know, know.

We had not moved the ball all game.
Our receivers are not getting separation down field.
In that situation you run a draw play to see if the Mizz team is going to play prevent. If you pop something on the first play you go into hurry up mode. If not you take the tie to half time. Even the announcers picked up on that.

Tell me what plays you would call in that situation?
Do you know or are you another of these "these coaches suck and should call different plays" types. You don't know what to do but don't like what CBJ did.

What a psychotic bunch of people! When we win, we are the best and the coaching staff makes great decisions; when we lose, the coaching staff is horrible. There were breakdowns all across the field. Players making bad decisions, Oline blocking air, WRs dropping easy passes, QB showing a massive amount of inconsistency, QB making bad decisions on runs, coaches making questionable decisions (way too conservative at the end of the first half. The play that stands out the most in my mind was the dropped pass int by Malone. From where I was sitting in the upper deck, it was clear he was as open on a slant as possible and it was on of the few passes that Dobbs actually delivered on time. We were driving and had Mizzou on there heels at that point. The balloon seemed to just burst at that point. I agree with the earlier poster that ustn Coleman has got to be our worst DB on any pass over 15 yards.

They do deserve some criticism. Hopefully they learn from it. If i have one beef overall is it's the conservative way they call big games. The end of the game yesterday and the way they used their timeouts. Not spiking the ball going in. The challenge when it was clear he touched it before 10 yards. Plenty of blame to go around..

Reactions: 3 people
The team still gives me hope that the turnaround is in full swing. i was impressed with Jacob Johnson. He made several really good plays and seemed to make the correct adjustments. He does seem to have some wheel for his size. There were good points to last nights game, but I too believe all of the controversy this week had a big effect on the team. One of their leaders was not there. It may be one of the reasons the team seemed a little flat.

Deserve an F for this game. Was not prepared at all. Looks like they took the week off. Vanilla play calling. What a bunch of garbage. My high expectations for next year have dropped after looking at tonight.
Your tricycle's double-parked, Op. Dear Coach Jones: Keep up the fantastic work. The vast, vast majority of us are behind you 100%!

Only one is a UT fan.

Alot of guys who are or have been coaches on the college level feel the same way. But the DA's who call themselves Vol fans know more about how bad these coaches really are than anyone else who is objective in America. It makes it hard to be a Vol fan because so many see how stupid so many Vol fans act. They used to complain in the late 90's when the team would only lose once or twice a year and they will still be out when CBJ is winning 9 plus every year.

Blown up by the same more experienced team that got blanked by UGA.

It is the end of the season. Those freshman and soph are now really soph and jr. They are showing the results of the training they have received from the best coaching staff in America.

those freshmen needed to redshirt and spend time in the weight room, except for a couple of them

Deserve an F for this game. Was not prepared at all. Looks like they took the week off. Vanilla play calling. What a bunch of garbage. My high expectations for next year have dropped after looking at tonight.

BJ, I guess I just see all the injuries, personnel losses, absence of AJ, Williams, and Randolph (for 1st half) and last, but not least, the O-line deficiencies as being extremely hard to overcome. I've got to give them more time to get this program turned around. Hope you regain your high expectations for this staff, and our venerable UT. :yes::peace2:

GO VOLS!

Missouri is 9-2. They must have a pretty good football team. Our O-line is still young. You win with defense (or so I've been told). They had an outstanding defensive front as we were repeatedly told by the announcers. If games are won in the trenches, then the results will be inevitable (barring any miracles). If coaches can perform miracles, I've got a couple I like for them to do for me.

Our O-line is not young! Just not good players. Inexperienced in real games but plenty of years to prepare. Every team deals with this. It's nothing new.

Who were the fools that liked this 26 times is all i want to know.

VN Store

Back