Butch: "I've aged probably 15 years in the 3 years."

Someone really needs to tell cbj to stop using "where we're AT"

This seems to be another "rule" of English which is ignored by more than 95% of people who live in the U S today. Even most TV and Radio announcers frequently end sentences with prepositions and misuse the objective case.. Seems as if the U S version of English is fading away. Even words which sound alike are incorrectly used. And how about those who use loose when they mean to use lose? Don't get me started

Reactions: 2 people
This seems to be another "rule" of English which is ignored by more than 95% of people who live in the U S today. Even most TV and Radio announcers frequently end sentences with prepositions and misuse the objective case.. Seems as if the U S version of English is fading away. Even words which sound alike are incorrectly used. And how about those who use loose when they mean to use lose? Don't get me started

On loose/lose, are you referring to people typing? Or spoken?

Also, listen to the English from england. It's not all that great for lots of the population.

Reactions: 1 person

Yep....beat me to it...I hear it ALL the time...and though I recognize it as incorrect its become a part of our conversational language. Just not a big deal and I age....The one that grates on me...and everyone uses it..."We will be eating dinner this sevening"....There is no S in evening....

I hear so-called professionals saying "have went", "should have went" and other similarly ignorant things on the reg.....drives me nuts

This underscores the vast difference in being a coach at the top level of college football versus coaching any any of the lower tiers.

Even for the best coaches, there is definitely a learning curve, not even so much about Xs and Os but about management of big, complex programs that are constantly under public scrutiny.

Saban had the benefit of going through that learning curve at a (then) Power 5 Light school, in Michigan State. Urban Meyer the same, with Utah. Butch jumped right into it at the top, didn't he?

Glad to see he has weathered the storm of that learning curve as well as he has.

I hear so-called professionals saying "have went", "should have went" and other similarly ignorant things on the reg.....drives me nuts

You Go
You Have Gone
You Went

But You NEVER, EVER "Have Went"

ARGHH, the dumbing down of the population

Someone really needs to tell cbj to stop using "where we're AT"

Ending / beginning sentences w/ prepositions is acceptable, but in this case you're saying it's extraneous -- ie, we could simply say "(this is) where we are."

For Team 120, Atlanta is where it's at ! Go VOLS.

And the chart

LikableMealyCoypu.gif

Serious question?

If yes, did you watch post-game presser after 2015 Florida game?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rjvpvOcrwA[/youtube]

I had only seen quotes from the press conference.

At the time I thought we should have gone for two no matter what the chart said to do in that circumstance.

With all the discussion of charts after the loss, I wasn't sure if he needed a new chart or to just follow the chart that everyone has, either way this year it won't matter, we are going to run the score up on some teams. Florida being one of the teams we embarrass.

Jump higher Vols.

VN Store

Back